Ana Ivanovic Videos thread - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
 32Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1741 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
fANAtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VIP Lounge
Posts: 503
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Hey, Federer is saying exactly the same thing as well.
fANAtic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1742 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
DAVAJ MKirilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,285
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
Hey, Federer is saying exactly the same thing as well.
That he is playing better than when he won RG? That could be true.


1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline  
post #1743 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
Hey, Federer is saying exactly the same thing as well.
The way Federer played against Novak in the RG semis was definitely vintage Fed.

As for Ana...

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
 
post #1744 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

WTA video of the players party.



Isn't that Jankovic's mom next to Ana when Ana first shows up, while they are getting dressed?

Could also spot Milos walking behind Ana when she arrived at the party.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1745 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
fANAtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VIP Lounge
Posts: 503
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
That he is playing better than when he won RG? That could be true.
No, he says he's playing better than in 2005/6.
Ana is a bit of a fedtard, so maybe she's copying him.
fANAtic is offline  
post #1746 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Snex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Home, again :(
Posts: 3,301
                     
Snex is offline  
post #1747 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Serbian interview with Ana after her 1st round win (thanks to bokash):

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=520710

Translation guys?

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1748 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snex View Post
Thanks!


Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1749 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
Senior Member
 
fANAtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VIP Lounge
Posts: 503
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Serbian interview with Ana after her 1st round win (thanks to bokash):

http://www.b92.net/video/videos.php?...&nav_id=520710

Translation guys?
"I was thinking about a new coach."
"I've decided something has to change because it's stupid to do the same things all the time and expect different results." O rly Ana?
It seems she's been practicing like she did before when things worked and it shows a bit.
Talks about grill at Chez Nole's.
Playing a lot of matches on grass helped to get into rhythm.
She knows Eleni's gonna send backhand slices and she'll work on it in practice.
fANAtic is offline  
post #1750 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,173
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Q: It was a fantastic performance. You reminded us on Ana who won RG... 6:0, 6:1,,, You recently won a match with 6:0, 6:1, but we can't remember when was the last time you had such an amazing win on GS... It looked so easy...
A: Yes, for sure... I'm definitely satisfied. I think it was my easiest win on GS (by the scoreline) especially after last two grand slams. I'm really happy I could play like this especially 'cause we wre waiting during the whole day, it was really long, so I'm happy I played good, I was agressive but also patient and I'm happy to finish my match this evening.
Q: You won against the dark ( 'cause she played late). I think that many people don't understand how much your routine and preparation is important and how difficult it is to continue it after (after cancelling the match probably):
A:Yes, that's for sure, especially 'cause tonight they were about to cancel our match, it all depended on few points from the previous match and it would be different to play tomorrow, different conditions, tonight it was dark and cold, tomorrow it could be warm weather, so you have to go through the match preparation again and it means a lot for me to have a day to rest tomorrow and we all like to finish our match ASAP.
Q: You don't have a full-time coach, what has changed since RG?
A: Well, I think, I think about the coach, I decided to change some things. It's useless to do the same things and expect the different results, so I'm starting to form the structure that used to work before, I'm trying to form a strong basis and it's always a process, but I can already see the results, which gives me a confidence and motivation to continue in the same direction.
Q: How did some events before Wimbledon affected you (training with Andrea, barbecue at Novak's)... Did it help you to relax and to avoid the pressure?
A:That's something I learnt... to relax a bit. I think I had really good training sessions with Andrea and with other girls. That night we all relaxed a bit... Domestic food and atmosphere. It feels good, that's something we can't do often. Tournaments before Wimbledon also helped 'cause this year I played the most matches before W and it also helps to relax and to find a rhythm.
Q: Your next opponent has a lot of experience, she has attacking style, service volley game, you'll have to play different than against Oudin whom you broke on the base line.
A: Yes, it will be completely different, two completely different opponents. I played once against her on the grass, her tennis is very suitable for grass, she has a backhand slice, service volley (which is not very often), so I'll work on that tomorrow and try to adapt on those low shots, so we'll see. But it's important to play the way I did and to continue playing like this.
Q: Playing like this, you will certainly win. See you on Thursday.
A: Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #1751 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fANAtic View Post
"I was thinking about a new coach."
"I've decided something has to change because it's stupid to do the same things all the time and expect different results." O rly Ana?
It seems she's been practicing like she did before when things worked and it shows a bit.
Talks about grill at Chez Nole's.
Playing a lot of matches on grass helped to get into rhythm.
She knows Eleni's gonna send backhand slices and she'll work on it in practice.
Thanks a lot!

That sentence is quite something!

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1752 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:41 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Q: It was a fantastic performance. You reminded us on Ana who won RG... 6:0, 6:1,,, You recently won a match with 6:0, 6:1, but we can't remember when was the last time you had such an amazing win on GS... It looked so easy...
A: Yes, for sure... I'm definitely satisfied. I think it was my easiest win on GS (by the scoreline) especially after last two grand slams. I'm really happy I could play like this especially 'cause we wre waiting during the whole day, it was really long, so I'm happy I played good, I was agressive but also patient and I'm happy to finish my match this evening.
Q: You won against the dark ( 'cause she played late). I think that many people don't understand how much your routine and preparation is important and how difficult it is to continue it after (after cancelling the match probably):
A:Yes, that's for sure, especially 'cause tonight they were about to cancel our match, it all depended on few points from the previous match and it would be different to play tomorrow, different conditions, tonight it was dark and cold, tomorrow it could be warm weather, so you have to go through the match preparation again and it means a lot for me to have a day to rest tomorrow and we all like to finish our match ASAP.
Q: You don't have a full-time coach, what has changed since RG?
A: Well, I think, I think about the coach, I decided to change some things. It's useless to do the same things and expect the different results, so I'm starting to form the structure that used to work before, I'm trying to form a strong basis and it's always a process, but I can already see the results, which gives me a confidence and motivation to continue in the same direction.
Q: How did some events before Wimbledon affected you (training with Andrea, barbecue at Novak's)... Did it help you to relax and to avoid the pressure?
A:That's something I learnt... to relax a bit. I think I had really good training sessions with Andrea and with other girls. That night we all relaxed a bit... Domestic food and atmosphere. It feels good, that's something we can't do often. Tournaments before Wimbledon also helped 'cause this year I played the most matches before W and it also helps to relax and to find a rhythm.
Q: Your next opponent has a lot of experience, she has attacking style, service volley game, you'll have to play different than against Oudin whom you broke on the base line.
A: Yes, it will be completely different, two completely different opponents. I played once against her on the grass, her tennis is very suitable for grass, she has a backhand slice, service volley (which is not very often), so I'll work on that tomorrow and try to adapt on those low shots, so we'll see. But it's important to play the way I did and to continue playing like this.
Q: Playing like this, you will certainly win. See you on Thursday.
A: Thank you
Awesome job Cajka! Thanks so much!


Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #1753 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Snex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Home, again :(
Posts: 3,301
                     
Snex is offline  
post #1754 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,173
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snex View Post
Hvala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #1755 of 2865 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,607
                     
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snex View Post
Thanks!

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome