Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!! - Page 245 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3661 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Davodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: X
Posts: 12,777
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I also hate running, its boring.. but.. gotta do it to be fit for tennis and hang in there in long matches. Cardio exercises are important for that. I quite like swimming though my hair looks awful everytime I swim too much.. I have long hair and it gets dry.
I find it interesting that y'all like swimming but not running..and talking about that pushing too hard and vomiting thing because I used to be a swimmer and I would have 10-12 sessions a week, and usually all of us in the squad would throw up once or twice in at least 50% of the sessions it's killer. Now I much prefer running

Lucie Safarova, Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Agnieszka Radwanska

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3662 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,820
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

i used to keep myself fit with cycling and mountainbiking. i hated and still hate running because it's boring. on a bike you at least get somewhere. in order to make it work you really have to move with a lot of pace or uphill and i am lucky to be close to places where this is possible. plenty of people believe they are doing something for their fitness while cycling but in reality it's just like a little walk in the park.

nowadays i play touch rugby. it's fun and good for your fitness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I always thought that the Brazilian people were very dark.
could brazilian footballers be the main reason for this? when i look at brazilian players who play for fc porto you would get the impression that most brazilians have african roots and i am not sure i've ever met a brazilian like that irl. well, i know one of them had some african blood but that was not obvious in the slightest.
azdaja is offline  
post #3663 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,408
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
I find it interesting that y'all like swimming but not running..and talking about that pushing too hard and vomiting thing because I used to be a swimmer and I would have 10-12 sessions a week, and usually all of us in the squad would throw up once or twice in at least 50% of the sessions it's killer. Now I much prefer running
Wow so much puking.. really isn't good.

The issue with running is that it really boring.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3664 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,408
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i used to keep myself fit with cycling and mountainbiking. i hated and still hate running because it's boring. on a bike you at least get somewhere. in order to make it work you really have to move with a lot of pace or uphill and i am lucky to be close to places where this is possible. plenty of people believe they are doing something for their fitness while cycling but in reality it's just like a little walk in the park.

nowadays i play touch rugby. it's fun and good for your fitness.
I like cycling, but I'd have to go to the park to do it, and its not very close.. so I end up going to the gym. But mountainbiking is certainly more fun than cycling on those gym bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
could brazilian footballers be the main reason for this? when i look at brazilian players who play for fc porto you would get the impression that most brazilians have african roots and i am not sure i've ever met a brazilian like that irl. well, i know one of them had some african blood but that was not obvious in the slightest.
Maybe that's it! But if you look at our volleyball team, for an example, most have light skin.. I think we are extremely mixed.. everyone has a big of african and native heritage, even if it doesn't show, because its so mixed with european heritage.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3665 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Davodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: X
Posts: 12,777
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Wow so much puking.. really isn't good.

The issue with running is that it really boring.
Funny, our coach was always happy when we threw up...because it meant we were working really hard Running is boring, but so is just continuous swimming freestyle back and forward...I think it's more fun if you break either of them up into sets of different things...keep your mind working

Lucie Safarova, Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Agnieszka Radwanska

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline  
post #3666 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,408
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Funny, our coach was always happy when we threw up...because it meant we were working really hard Running is boring, but so is just continuous swimming freestyle back and forward...I think it's more fun if you break either of them up into sets of different things...keep your mind working
It does mean that you were working beyond your limits. It isn't good from a medical point of view though.

Sure.. anything that is repetitive tends to be boring.. best is to mix things to keep it entertaining.

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3667 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,820
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I like cycling, but I'd have to go to the park to do it, and its not very close.. so I end up going to the gym. But mountainbiking is certainly more fun than cycling on those gym bikes.
yeah, but even with mountainbiking or road cycling you need to mix it up. if you bike on the same route every time even that can get boring. i have a gym bike at home and i usually train on it while watching a football game and that can be quite alright.

Quote:
Maybe that's it! But if you look at our volleyball team, for an example, most have light skin.. I think we are extremely mixed.. everyone has a big of african and native heritage, even if it doesn't show, because its so mixed with european heritage.
well, the first person people think about when someone mentions brazilians is pelé. and volleyball is nowhere near as popular as football. but yeah, brazlians are very mixed. it's just that so many people are unaware that european heritage clearly dominates that mix.
azdaja is offline  
post #3668 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
gaviotabr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 26,408
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
yeah, but even with mountainbiking or road cycling you need to mix it up. if you bike on the same route every time even that can get boring. i have a gym bike at home and i usually train on it while watching a football game and that can be quite alright.
Yes.. I usually watch the news on TV at the gym.. or some novela. They always have the TV on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
well, the first person people think about when someone mentions brazilians is pelé. and volleyball is nowhere near as popular as football. but yeah, brazlians are very mixed. it's just that so many people are unaware that european heritage clearly dominates that mix.
Definitely... I would say the average common brazilian is much more like Kaká then like Pelé. But its all really mixed.. we have all kinds of looks here..

Mental Strength is an underrated ability, it sets champions apart

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline  
post #3669 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,820
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

speaking of different sports, today i saw some weird game being played on a basque tv channel.



i wondered if that would be that "basque pelota" game and google confirmed it. what a weird game. cajka, this surely must beat aussie rules football in that regard?
azdaja is offline  
post #3670 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Cajka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,131
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post

Definitely... I would say the average common brazilian is much more like Kaká then like Pelé.
That's it, I'm moving there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana'sProcess View Post
I'm ok with Ana dating Bastian, women, Jelena Jankovic, Trump, Montgomery Burns from Simpsons...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline  
post #3671 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
InsideOut.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anapolis Asylum
Posts: 19,585
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Well whether a sport is weird depends on how familiar you are with it... my family once met two Americans who passed by a cricket club in Hong Kong (where I live) and asked why they were playing baseball with square bats.

Waiting for Ana Ivanovic to just retire already .
Justine Henin. Amelie Mauresmo. Francesca Schiavone.
InsideOut. is offline  
post #3672 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,820
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Well whether a sport is weird depends on how familiar you are with it... my family once met two Americans who passed by a cricket club in Hong Kong (where I live) and asked why they were playing baseball with square bats.
it's certainly true and i guess most of the sports spread globally from england and the us, so sports developed elsewhere are not well-known, like basque pelota. however, there are even some olympic sports i consider weird (curling, for example).
azdaja is offline  
post #3673 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
InsideOut.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anapolis Asylum
Posts: 19,585
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Curling You know how a lot of sports tend to have some sort of historical significance, related to the society of that time, like javelin, discus, or archery may be related to the military tradition of Ancient Greece... I guess the inspiration behind curling is doing housework.

Waiting for Ana Ivanovic to just retire already .
Justine Henin. Amelie Mauresmo. Francesca Schiavone.
InsideOut. is offline  
post #3674 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
SidTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States Of Eurasia
Posts: 5,364
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Mo sport as stupid as golf for me

Olivia,Ana,Genie

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline  
post #3675 of 5035 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Senior Member
 
azdaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Itävalta
Posts: 17,820
                     
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

golf is definitely among the most boring sports to watch, though i can see it being fun to play. curling is just weird.
azdaja is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome