"Ask the board" thread! Vol 1 ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 166 - TennisForum.com
 44Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2476 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,009
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
The correct number of people who sent is:

11/16 from the draw
9/13 from the ALT's
We won't do anything, even if it was 1/5 of all the players who should have sent. Michael! seems to see just hate and not solutions given in posts eg. no answer on rewarding those people who have won their matches with points they deserve.
Mike. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2477 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
TT Board Member/BSG co:Creator w/sfar
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 26,708
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
We won't do anything, even if it was 1/5 of all the players who should have sent. Michael! seems to see just hate and not solutions given in posts eg. no answer on rewarding those people who have won their matches with points they deserve.
Three of the five Board members have been online this morning and discussed this issue with 100% agreement that this is the best solution.

Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 36) (High : 1 - 11 weeks)

Titles (9) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, GB Fed Cup, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome, YEC Singapore, 2015 - Stanford, GB Fed Cup, ITF - Antayla
Doubles - (Rank : 14) (High : 1 - 32 weeks)
Titles - (17) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF Karuizawa, ITF Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF Poitiers, ITF Bratislava, 2012 - ITF Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein, 2015 - Nottingham, ITF Ortisei, 2016 - Brisbane, ITF Glasgow
AdeyC is offline  
post #2478 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,009
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Three of the five Board members have been online this morning and discussed this issue with 100% agreement that this is the best solution.
So there are no rules in that game, and where were you yesterday?
Where were you when schedule was changed in Nottingham challenger this week and OOP was posted 10 hours before matches started?

Great to know that we can use any excuse to cancel the round - will be useful in the future

And what's the most funny - u didn't allow guy who missed the deadline by 0.4 second in TFBS, and here you have nothing against cancelling the round where 20 people have sent, and just 5 forgot about it.

Last edited by Mike.; Feb 23rd, 2014 at 01:02 PM.
Mike. is offline  
post #2479 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:10 PM
retired
 
gumoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 53,110
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

OMFG!

the problem is not that the OOP was posted too late, the problem is that people thought that Q1 will start one day later!

Nottingham is nothing like this!
gumoll is offline  
post #2480 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sevilla
Posts: 18,018
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Once the Acapulco issue has been resolved (And I really think we all have to move on about it. Sorry Mike ), can you please discuss about the posible removal of the 3 month-100 post rule?
Any new poster from now can fairly refer to the Kreuzlingen tournament to claim his right to be given an exception as well and we can't just pretend it never happened.
Javi is offline  
post #2481 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,009
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTomek View Post
OMFG!

the problem is not that the OOP was posted too late, the problem is that people thought that Q1 will start one day later!

Nottingham is nothing like this!
Tenniscreep have sent memo to send picks - so i don't see the problem of not being aware of that situation.
And the problem was that some people have lost - face it.
Mike. is offline  
post #2482 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Lord Sneeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,863
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
So there are no rules in that game, and where were you yesterday?
Where were you when schedule was changed in Nottingham challenger this week and OOP was posted 10 hours before matches started?
Nottingham was a completely different situation which wasn't the best. It was mainly due to a new manager running the tournament and not understanding the time it took at the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Once the Acapulco issue has been resolved (And I really think we all have to move on about it. Sorry Mike ), can you please discuss about the posible removal of the 3 month-100 post rule?
Any new poster from now can fairly refer to the Kreuzlingen tournament to claim his right to be given an exception as well and we can't just pretend it never happened.
The reason he was allowed in Krezlingen was that he already had a rank so I assumed that it had already been checked.

TT Tipping
Current rank - S:146 D:143
Highest rank - S:082 D:043
2015 W/L - Singles 02/02 Doubles 03/00
2015 Titles - Gonna be Lots
Lord Sneeze is offline  
post #2483 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
DJDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,169
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sneeze View Post
The reason he was allowed in Krezlingen was that he already had a rank so I assumed that it had already been checked.
I had that the same in Tinajo II

TT Singles: 43 W: Astana'14
TT Doubles: 15 W: Trnava'13, Saint Malo'13, Vallduxo'13, Poitiers'13, Zawada'13, Vero Beach'14, Rome'14, Strasbourg'14, Moscow'14, Bogotá'15, Ankara'15 (w/Freak3yman84), Lexington'13 (w/charmedRic)
DTT Singles: 5 W: Beijing'15
DTT Doubles: 7 W: Wuhan'15 (w/danieln1)
DJDVD is offline  
post #2484 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,351
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
Board members, is there any particular reason why are you not responding to the Acapulco issue?
Please do your job or just leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
no need to get rude, I am sorry that I wasn´t online yesterday night, so I couldn´t reply!
It is not hard to see the stats and it is pretty easy to find who was and who was not on-line during that particular day. If this does not apply to you then do not take it personal. It was not against you. Anyhow it is stupid that NOBODY from the Board was online in this important 24 hours (which I know was not the case).
I dont think I was rude.
valac222 is offline  
post #2485 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sevilla
Posts: 18,018
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sneeze View Post
Nottingham was a completely different situation which wasn't the best. It was mainly due to a new manager running the tournament and not understanding the time it took at the start.



The reason he was allowed in Krezlingen was that he already had a rank so I assumed that it had already been checked.
Hey, I know it's not your fault And your managing was excellent. It's not his fault either. But wouldn't you feel bad as a manager if you have to say now no to a player who is in the same situation after this?
Javi is offline  
post #2486 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Helpful User
 
Michael!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Germany
Posts: 56,385
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
It is not hard to see the stats and it is pretty easy to find who was and who was not on-line during that particular day. If this does not apply to you then do not take it personal. It was not against you. Anyhow it is stupid that NOBODY from the Board was online in this important 24 hours (which I know was not the case).
I dont think I was rude.
I agree with you, I was just mad because of your general statements towards the whole board!
and obviously, I know that it´s easy to check stats of activity and If I were you, I would be mad as well seeing board members posting on the board but not replying to this issue.

Michael! is offline  
post #2487 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Helpful User
 
Michael!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Germany
Posts: 56,385
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Once the Acapulco issue has been resolved (And I really think we all have to move on about it. Sorry Mike ), can you please discuss about the posible removal of the 3 month-100 post rule?
Any new poster from now can fairly refer to the Kreuzlingen tournament to claim his right to be given an exception as well and we can't just pretend it never happened.
Yes, that´s obvious, we are discussing about that right now already!

Michael! is offline  
post #2488 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
TT Board Member/BSG co:Creator w/sfar
 
AdeyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brighton
Posts: 26,708
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
Tenniscreep have sent memo to send picks - so i don't see the problem of not being aware of that situation.
And the problem was that some people have lost - face it.
You are not comparing like with like – they’re not the same situation. Here the schedule changed – people would have assumed they were playing a day later – so its likely many wouldn’t even have logged on to see any PM’s because they weren’t expecting to be playing a day earlier.

Tennis Tipping
Singles (Rank : 36) (High : 1 - 11 weeks)

Titles (9) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, GB Fed Cup, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome, YEC Singapore, 2015 - Stanford, GB Fed Cup, ITF - Antayla
Doubles - (Rank : 14) (High : 1 - 32 weeks)
Titles - (17) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF Karuizawa, ITF Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF Poitiers, ITF Bratislava, 2012 - ITF Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein, 2015 - Nottingham, ITF Ortisei, 2016 - Brisbane, ITF Glasgow
AdeyC is offline  
post #2489 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Vincey!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Everywhere,SinceHeninRet.
Posts: 16,920
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
Tenniscreep have sent memo to send picks - so i don't see the problem of not being aware of that situation.
And the problem was that some people have lost - face it.
yes a memo that was sent at 3am my time during a day where there was supposed to have no play...everyone doesn't spend their life checking this forum at every hour you know. It sure was a kind gesture from tenniscreep as I said earlier but it was not very useful in this case for people who assumed there would be no play before sunday.

Wozniak~ElTabakh ~Marino~Eugenie Bouchard...and the other Canucks!
Maria Sharapova~Anna Chakvetadze~Jelena Dokic~Laura Robson ~Sabine Lisicki


"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now  
post #2490 of 5005 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 82,316
                     
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

BTW, I thought there was new rule earlier this year/late last year(?) that qualifying R1 will start on Saturday, no?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome