This is how I explained it to belco:
I hope I will get this out so you can understand it
Here are the possible scenarios using Clijsters vs. Kuznetsova for example:
1) Player A picks Clijsters to win, player B picks Kuznetsova to win in the TB
Clijsters wins - Player A through
Kuznetsova wins - Player B through
The scores they sent are irrelevant. It only matters, who they picked to win the Tie-breaker
2) Player A picks Clijsters in 2 in the tie-breaker (not the actual pick), Player B picks Clijsters in 3.
Clijsters wins in 2 - Player A through
Clijsters wins in 3 - Player B through
3) Player A picks Clijsters in 3, Player B picks Clijsters in 2 in the TB
Clijsters loses - Player A through as he picked her opponent to win a set
4) Both pick Clijsters in 2 or 3
Clijsters loses - the player, who had Kuznetsova winning most games is through
5) Both pick Clijsters in 2 or 3
Clijsters wins in 2 or 3 - the player, who got closest to the actual score is through (for example correct set order if she wins in 3)
6) In case both have the same TB pick then their previous round result is the tie-breaker. In case this happens in the first round then they send their picks for the next round too and that determines, who is through.
Let me know in case I forgot any possible scenarios.