Tennis Forum banner

Na Li, good fight :)

999 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Alec 
#1 ·
your performance was better than my expectation. 4-6, 4-6. pretty close :)

Well done.

#8 ·
Grandslam Titles:

Pierce (born in Canada) : 2 (1 Australian and 1 French)
All Chinese players to have ever played tennis: 0

Have you ever seen the CHinese players (or even one) play live? :rolleyes:

#9 ·
it would be shame if she didnt play live. how long has the tennis developed in western countries? Use your brain and do some research. China starts to develop the sport of tennis within 5 years and already had a golden metal of tennis.

keep supporting your only so-called "canadian player"... she will retire soon... WTA doesnt allow grandmom to keep playing :haha:

#13 ·
Penglover said:
it would be shame if she didnt play live. how long has the tennis developed in western countries? Use your brain and do some research. China starts to develop the sport of tennis within 5 years and already had a golden metal of tennis.

keep supporting your only so-called "canadian player"... she will retire soon... WTA doesnt allow grandmom to keep playing :haha:
Did the #1 doubles team in the world play together? No.

Did the #2 doubles team in the world play together? No.

Did any 2 Top Ten doubles players, play together that had frequently before? No.

The field had good players, with players that they had no experience with. Second of all, FLUKE. Third of all, you don't know your tennis, because the Olympics are not at all seen highly upon in the tennis world.

I don't recall Steffi Graf saying:

"I liked the Wimbledon titles, but it was the gold medal that did it for my career."

Learn tennis.

Secondly, China places more money into tennis than Canada, without a doubt. So the western world this, and that, it comes down to funding. CHina placed much funding into sports, Canada into welfare of its people.

Lastly, Mary was born in Canada. Shuai born in China. Would you say Shuai's Chinese? Because I would say Mary's Canadian. Get a life, or maybe die if you have a minute. :)

#14 ·
Great job Na Li! I thought she handled the peassure of facing the world #1 under the bright light at US Open's Arthur Ashe quite beautifully. And she's only 23!

#15 ·
416_Man said:
Grandslam Titles:

Pierce (born in Canada) : 2 (1 Australian and 1 French)
All Chinese players to have ever played tennis: 0

Have you ever seen the CHinese players (or even one) play live? :rolleyes:
As much as I love Pierce the only thing Canadian abt her is the birthplace on her birth certificate. She's French, she trains and resides in the U.S., and she has never lived in Canada as her mother was only in Montreal for a trip when she was born.

#17 ·
416_Man said:
Did the #1 doubles team in the world play together? No.

Did the #2 doubles team in the world play together? No.

Did any 2 Top Ten doubles players, play together that had frequently before? No.

The field had good players, with players that they had no experience with. Second of all, FLUKE. Third of all, you don't know your tennis, because the Olympics are not at all seen highly upon in the tennis world.

I don't recall Steffi Graf saying:

"I liked the Wimbledon titles, but it was the gold medal that did it for my career."

Learn tennis.

Secondly, China places more money into tennis than Canada, without a doubt. So the western world this, and that, it comes down to funding. CHina placed much funding into sports, Canada into welfare of its people.

Lastly, Mary was born in Canada. Shuai born in China. Would you say Shuai's Chinese? Because I would say Mary's Canadian. Get a life, or maybe die if you have a minute. :)
So JuJu shouldnt go there and get a gold metal :haha:

you stupid ass.

#19 ·
CanadianBoy19 said:
Canada has how many people?
China has how many people?

What is the differenc in millions?
And now calculate how much more chance a Chinese player has to be in top 10.
There are not so many people playing tennis in China as in Canada.

The fees for the courts are so expensive that only very few people can afford that.

I Do believe that the Chinese players will make more progress in the near future. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.