Chris Evert Thread - Page 16 - TennisForum.com

 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
uh...you could have just hit the 'edit' button on your post.

hi, jm! yes, i made mention of chrissie's gem of a comment to john lloyd in the 'Pls Help!' thread which was all about the 'rivals' book...i think maybe you didnt know thats what the thread was about! but i remember a big LOL at chrissie having to explain the nuances of life to her gutless husband!

please send a mental tape of that 80 RG win in my direction. i will use my ESP to intercept the signal.

oh, and one more thing...you already HAVE all of chrissie's results, remember? and i think they are documented somewhere here on the web...

sounds like you needed a SPANKING this morning, jean-michel. glad i was here to give it to you.
No Darling, I mean the complete draws QF:SF and F of all her tournaments, other players' results included

I am sending you the vibes of the Chris-Virginia match, now can you tell me what was Chrissie wearing?
jeanmi18 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmi18
No Darling, I mean the complete draws QF:SF and F of all her tournaments, other players' results included

I am sending you the vibes of the Chris-Virginia match, now can you tell me what was Chrissie wearing?
OTHER PLAYERS?!! you CHEAT! you RASCAL! ok, ok...i guess they exist too.

she's wearing her....'dismantle tracy austin' dress of USO SF 1980. ...or she's wearing nothing at ALL! are YOU sending me that image?! oh, thank goodness it was you wearing nothing...yeow!

Last edited by daze11; Jul 26th, 2005 at 02:08 PM.
daze11 is offline  
post #228 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
OTHER PLAYERS?!! you CHEAT! you RASCAL! ok, ok...i guess they exist too.

she's wearing her....'dismantle tracy austin' dress of USO SF 1980. ...or she's wearing nothing at ALL! are YOU sending me that image?! oh, thank goodness it was you wearing nothing...yeow!
tsst, tsst! Stevie, they gonna start gossiping about us no, she was wearing a white skirt and a striped t-shirt, stripes of different colors green, red, white and so on, this is the only time I saw her wearing that outfit, she was up 6-0 2-0 when we started watching, Ruzici came back to 2-1 and then there was a long game with several deuces and Ruzici had several opportunities to come back 2 all, nevertheless lost the game for 3-1. At 5-2, Ruzici started attacking more, she came back to 5-3 and then was up 15-30. She then attacked the net once more, Chrissie played a short lob, Ruzici's overhead was on the line but called out by the linesman. Chrissie shook her head in disbelief, the crowd booed but the umpire sticked to her guns. It was 30 all instead of 15-40 and two points later, Chrissie won her fourth title on a superb passing down the line. When shaking hands with Ruzici, she said to her that she was sorry for the bad call. She then went on to talk for a while with the organizers while preparing for the ceremony and we heard her saying very clearly to someone who asked her an (unheard)question 'No, I am not pregnant'

One of the best point of that second set was when Ruzici tried to dropshot her, a very fine angled dropshot on Chrissie's backhand but Chrissie anticipated as usual, got to the ball, then played a delicate angled counter dropshot with one hand. The thing is that Ruzici had anticipated the counter dropshot and was already standing almost at the service line ready to move forward but Chrissie's shot still was way out of her reach.
jeanmi18 is offline  
post #229 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmi18
tsst, tsst! Stevie, they gonna start gossiping about us no, she was wearing a white skirt and a striped t-shirt, stripes of different colors green, red, white and so on, this is the only time I saw her wearing that outfit, she was up 6-0 2-0 when we started watching, Ruzici came back to 2-1 and then there was a long game with several deuces and Ruzici had several opportunities to come back 2 all, nevertheless lost the game for 3-1. At 5-2, Ruzici started attacking more, she came back to 5-3 and then was up 15-30. She then attacked the net once more, Chrissie played a short lob, Ruzici's overhead was on the line but called out by the linesman. Chrissie shook her head in disbelief, the crowd booed but the umpire sticked to her guns. It was 30 all instead of 15-40 and two points later, Chrissie won her fourth title on a superb passing down the line. When shaking hands with Ruzici, she said to her that she was sorry for the bad call. She then went on to talk for a while with the organizers while preparing for the ceremony and we heard her saying very clearly to someone who asked her an (unheard)question 'No, I am not pregnant'

One of the best point of that second set was when Ruzici tried to dropshot her, a very fine angled dropshot on Chrissie's backhand but Chrissie anticipated as usual, got to the ball, then played a delicate angled counter dropshot with one hand. The thing is that Ruzici had anticipated the counter dropshot and was already standing almost at the service line ready to move forward but Chrissie's shot still was way out of her reach.
hey, that was pretty damned good!! thanks! now i dont have to go all the way to france to see it.
daze11 is offline  
post #230 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
hey, that was pretty damned good!! thanks! now i dont have to go all the way to france to see it.

Why not? There is so much more to see than an Evert-Ruzici final
jeanmi18 is offline  
post #231 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmi18
Why not? There is so much more to see than an Evert-Ruzici final
are you saying that would be a mere appetizer were ball stroking is concerned??
daze11 is offline  
post #232 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
are you saying that would be a mere appetizer were ball stroking is concerned??

oui
jeanmi18 is offline  
post #233 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Under Carlos Moya
Posts: 4,917
                     
It's getting hot in here..................................!!! Methinks the BFTP should send you two on a holiday in Fort Lauderdale so that you can stroke balls at the shrine of The Blessed Lady Chris herself.

A couple of other gems from Chrissie
- Wendy wasn't really a claycourt player; she did well to get to the final
- Mima didn't have anything that could hurt me. She seemed to imply that she felt that Ruzici was the better player on clay.

Traits Gandhi considered the most spiritually perilous to humanity.
*Wealth without Work * Pleasure without Conscience

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline  
post #234 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T
It's getting hot in here..................................!!! Methinks the BFTP should send you two on a holiday in Fort Lauderdale so that you can stroke balls at the shrine of The Blessed Lady Chris herself.
hey, thats such a good idea! JM, forget andy & chris in martina's bed! what about US getting down in a cabin at the evert academy!!! i'll have to begin making arrangements for that! ...though i suppose this should be in the 'chat thread'...
daze11 is offline  
post #235 of 2533 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
hey, thats such a good idea! JM, forget andy & chris in martina's bed! what about US getting down in a cabin at the evert academy!!! i'll have to begin making arrangements for that! ...though i suppose this should be in the 'chat thread'...

This should be in the chat thread, although we could open a thread later on on a day in Chrissie's home...we could also refresh her memories about her French saga and remind her that she was seeded 1 or 2 in most of the French Open she played.

Other aspects of the Ft Lauderdale stint would remain
jeanmi18 is offline  
post #236 of 2533 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
since a while back, there had been some heavy conjecture about the political leanings of ms evert....

i must admit, i was very happy and relieved that chris said to one of my friends that she would NEVER have voted for george w. and when asked before the gore election about it, since she has had the bush family over for dinner and knows more than most bystanders do about them personally, that she said quite candidly, it was nothing personal, but she just didnt believe george w. could possibly do a good job. haha....

she didnt win all those matches by being stupid.
daze11 is offline  
post #237 of 2533 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tallahassee,FL
Posts: 674
                     
Hey Daze, Margaret Court woulda voted for him (if she could!), and Nancy Richey stated on this very forum that she was a Bush supporter too; neither of them are any dummies, ok? :P Btw, each of 'em had Chrissie's number on court as well...at least for a while

But what if Chrissie is a closet Republican??? Don't be a hater, they've got feelings too...
Santorofan is offline  
post #238 of 2533 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorofan
Hey Daze, Margaret Court woulda voted for him (if she could!), and Nancy Richey stated on this very forum that she was a Bush supporter too; neither of them are any dummies, ok? :P Btw, each of 'em had Chrissie's number on court as well...at least for a while

But what if Chrissie is a closet Republican??? Don't be a hater, they've got feelings too...
but in the end, she crushed EVERY republican she faced.

daze11 is offline  
post #239 of 2533 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tallahassee,FL
Posts: 674
                     
Even if Chrissie was a card-carrying member of the Pansexual Peace Party she'd still be no dummy to me...well, at least not on the court
Santorofan is offline  
post #240 of 2533 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Senior Member
 
daze11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BrOoKLyN, NY
Posts: 3,074
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorofan
Even if Chrissie was a card-carrying member of the Pansexual Peace Party she'd still be no dummy to me...well, at least not on the court
we have quite a few of those right here in BFTP, i am quite sure!!

.....'BFTP/PPP'.....
daze11 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome