Renee's wandering hands... - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,216
                     
Renee's wandering hands...

I had to laugh watching Renee Stubbs sitting next to Kim Clijsters in the interview booth. They were all drinking bubbly, and Renee apparently got really loosened up, and started putting her hand on Kim's knee, and kissing her. Kim was just laughing and having fun, and didn't seem to mind being pawed, but it was funny to watch. Prude Tracy Austin was giving the looks, but it got no one's attention!

There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Ms. Anthropic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,972
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I had to laugh watching Renee Stubbs sitting next to Kim Clijsters in the interview booth. They were all drinking bubbly, and Renee apparently got really loosened up, and started putting her hand on Kim's knee, and kissing her. Kim was just laughing and having fun, and didn't seem to mind being pawed, but it was funny to watch. Prude Tracy Austin was giving the looks, but it got no one's attention!
At least Alexandra Stevenson's mother didn't jump out and start yelling about lesbian predators in the locker room again!
Ms. Anthropic is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Moderator - BFTP
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,554
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

I only saw part of it-with Stubbsy having her arm draped arcross Kim's shoulder-and was thinking along the same lines Alfa!

Changing topics-Renee strikes me a great commentator. She actually gives some thought to her responses and has insight. The long hair suits her too.
Rollo is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Love the Legends of Tennis
 
tennisvideos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,466
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Oh I wished I saw that! I really like Stubbsy (off court). She is insightful and has a really bubbly personality.

Fave recent players: .. Seles .. Hingis .. Serena .. Venus .. Federer .. Roddick .. Hewitt .. Haas .. Rafter .. Safin .. Radwanska ..
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,216
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I only saw part of it-with Stubbsy having her arm draped arcross Kim's shoulder-and was thinking along the same lines Alfa!

Changing topics-Renee strikes me a great commentator. She actually gives some thought to her responses and has insight. The long hair suits her too.
Rollo and TV- I think she might be my favorite. I do like Lindsay for many of the same reasons. Much as I like Chris, she has no talent (IMO) for talking about other players. The thing that bothers me more than anything is Mary Joe's "abada" instead of pronouncing "able to", and the worst is Gimelstob's inability to pronounce "forward". He consistently drops the first "r" making it faward, and has other words he struggles with like "always"- he says "aways"- no letter "l". If anyone has seen his "r" and "l" please let him know.

Renee is pretty much right on point, and (no offense TV) her Aussie accent isn't nearly as annoying as Darren Cahill's (Canader, Americer, Navratilover, the list goes on). Okay, I'll stop ranting, if only to celebrate the departure of donkey dick from the pro tour (Andy Roddick). Never liked him, ever. I look at him and I'm reminded of the boy who was banished to the island for lost boys, and he started popping out donkey ears, and hee-hawing. And who the hell is L Z dreadlocks? A writer? It's funny when he's talking- give a look on Brad Gilbert's face- hysterical!

There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Moderator - BFTP
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,554
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...



It's been a long day Alfa. Thanks for that laugh. Man do I need it.

When I have time in the morning I'll reply. Off to see Rena baby and Ivanovic and the Fed express.
Rollo is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Senior Member
 
gabybackhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,256
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Alfa, you are on fire! Funny to read all this stuff. I just missed what that L Z dreadlocks means? I don't know what it's about, can you enlighten me?
And, donkey dick is supposed to be unflattering? I would have tended to take it as a flattering thing to say about a man, considering the size of donkey's dicks... at least that's a something great (yet rude) to say about a man in Spanish...

Witness of an Era of Grandeur
Chris the Ice Lady - Martina Grace&Power
Fraulein Forehand - The Divine Argentine
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,216
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
Alfa, you are on fire! Funny to read all this stuff. I just missed what that L Z dreadlocks means? I don't know what it's about, can you enlighten me?
And, donkey dick is supposed to be unflattering? I would have tended to take it as a flattering thing to say about a man, considering the size of donkey's dicks... at least that's a something great (yet rude) to say about a man in Spanish...
L Z is the new commentator- black man with dreadlocks and an irritating voice. I have no idea who he is or where he came from, or what his credentials are to be commentating on tennis matches. Me thinks affirmative action has finally reached the commentary booth. I do like Chanda Rubin- very pleasant and knowledgable.

I say donkey dick because for his entire career he's made it a point to constantly re-adjust his package in public and always wearing white for best viewing. Of course, I liked it as much as the next fag at first, but it got annoying and downright disgusting after a while. Besides, on the donkey dick side of things, once in a great while Del Potro lifts his carefully long shirt to wipe his brow, and the holy grail is revealed. I was shocked the first time I saw it, and find myself hoping he'll wear white shorts someday so I can enjoy a glimpse of the large Argentinian lunch. Now why did you have to go there?!? Now I want to go to Argentina!

There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
gabybackhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,256
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Now I understand about the commentator and donkey dick issues! Yet I fail to see anything attractive in del Potro, either physical or tennis-wise... even if I'm not into guys! I'd only add that Roddick has one of the best bodies in men's tennis, well proportioned, and Gasquet is a well looking French I think.
I didn't notice Roddick's penchant for a tidy package... never liked much the big servers like him as players either. But his habit would be nowhere as irritating to me as Nadal's continual prodding of his as...., you know what I'm talking about: he says he has a big butt, which is true, but it's really disgusting the way he keeps taking his fingers to that place, in the middle of a sweaty tennis match... not nice a view!

Witness of an Era of Grandeur
Chris the Ice Lady - Martina Grace&Power
Fraulein Forehand - The Divine Argentine
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,216
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
Now I understand about the commentator and donkey dick issues! Yet I fail to see anything attractive in del Potro, either physical or tennis-wise... even if I'm not into guys! I'd only add that Roddick has one of the best bodies in men's tennis, well proportioned, and Gasquet is a well looking French I think.
I didn't notice Roddick's penchant for a tidy package... never liked much the big servers like him as players either. But his habit would be nowhere as irritating to me as Nadal's continual prodding of his as...., you know what I'm talking about: he says he has a big butt, which is true, but it's really disgusting the way he keeps taking his fingers to that place, in the middle of a sweaty tennis match... not nice a view!
I agree with Nadal's annoying habit. The things that annoy me about Rafa even more is that he takes WAY to much time than allowed (we're talking 40 and 45 seconds between points sometimes), and he seems to be the only player who can take all the time in the world before he decides whether or not to challenge. What makes King Nadal so special?

There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Ms. Anthropic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,972
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I agree with Nadal's annoying habit. The things that annoy me about Rafa even more is that he takes WAY to much time than allowed (we're talking 40 and 45 seconds between points sometimes), and he seems to be the only player who can take all the time in the world before he decides whether or not to challenge. What makes King Nadal so special?
I think it's a Spanish thing. I don't recall Arantxa Sanchez Vicario or Alex Corretja ever getting a warning for a time violation either, and they could be pretty bad, too. I swear, it seems like they think they are being paid by the hour.

I would love to see a big "shot clock" timer for between points so the umpire can't pretend they're taking less than 25 seconds. Give each player 4 "extensions" per set, but make 'em move it along in general.
Ms. Anthropic is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,216
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anthropic View Post
I think it's a Spanish thing. I don't recall Arantxa Sanchez Vicario or Alex Corretja ever getting a warning for a time violation either, and they could be pretty bad, too. I swear, it seems like they think they are being paid by the hour.

I would love to see a big "shot clock" timer for between points so the umpire can't pretend they're taking less than 25 seconds. Give each player 4 "extensions" per set, but make 'em move it along in general.
I couldn't agree more. Better yet, warning, point penalty, etc. That would get their attention. A visible court-side clock is a good idea. Can you imagine Steffi ever getting a time violation called?

There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Ms. Anthropic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,972
                     
Re: Renee's wandering hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I couldn't agree more. Better yet, warning, point penalty, etc. That would get their attention. A visible court-side clock is a good idea. Can you imagine Steffi ever getting a time violation called?
Ummmm, yes. The 1993 Lipton final. One of the most obnoxious matches ever, with Arantxa stalling like a Congolese airplane engine, a rude crowd, some horrible officiating (some iffy line calls, phantom let cords). Steffi, in a rare display of the passive-aggressive hissy fit, I think, decided to see what if anything could draw a time violation warning. I haven't watched it in a long time, but I recall it went something like this: She deliberately walked real slow over to the chairs, toweled off real slow, making sure she had the umpire's attention, proceeded to drink a cup of water, toweled off some more, and then moseyed back to the baseline. Finally Jane Tabor gave her a warning, but looked a little sheepish or perhaps pained about it. I'm pretty sure it's in the second to last game if you want to Youtube it. There is something fundamentally ridiculous about it; it might be one of the best razzings of a chair umpire ever.
Ms. Anthropic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome