- View Single Post - Romina Oprandi adoring thread
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
country flag Circoletto
Summary of a Romina's interwiew published on magazine "Il tennis italiano" by Marco Iaria.

Beginning: i fall in love with tennis at the age of 4, looking my brother Romeo in a tennis lesson. I start to play by myself against a wall, until a master has seen me...
Switzerland: swiss federation has never helped me. It's their usual behaviour and this is the reason cause best swiss players don't partecipate to Fed Cup.
Italy: i love Italy and Rome in particular. Italian federation has always supported me
Parents: my father is born in Bergamo, north of Italy. In youth he transferred to Switzerland looking for work. Two years ago i have choosen italian nationality.
Coach: Marilene Losey, ex swiss player, is helping me since beginning of the year. But she is more a friend than a coach.
Trainer: no one. I train myself in two sport centers owned by my parents in Berne
Secret: knee's injury has forced me to an hard winter's workout, this has elevated my muscular power and penetration of shots.
Targets: i have great spaces of improvement on every kind of shot, in particular on serve and in volley
Ranking: i hope to become a top250 before the end of 2005. Then i will attack the wall of Top100.
Dreams: play for Italy in Fed Cup, win Rome and Paris
Hate: power tennis; my tennis is ancient, i love backhands and dropshots. Modern tennis is not a part of me
Love: football. I play in a club of Berne until 2000, year of the surgery operation at the shoulder. Also my father Roberto was a footballer. A great one: he played in the first league of Switzerland. I love football, but i prefer tennis...
Hobbies: i love music, ice hockey, Juventus football club and going around the city with my friends.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome