TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Could Maria's Easy Draw Come Back to Haunt her!
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
country flag jfk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle
Maria had to play the most promising 15 year old since Martina Hingis and destroyed her 6-0; 6-1. Venus had to play a struggling journeywoman who has no weapon at all and still manages to donate a lot of points, and only squeaked by 7-5; 6-3. Serena hasn't had to play one player in the top 100, and has already lost two sets because she plays like an amateur these days.

I don't think Maria is going to have much of a problem beating Ana in the SF.
There are 14 year olds who are more promising than Sesil. Sesil almost lost to Amanda Janes for pete's sake!!! The only players Sesil could beat at this Wimbledon were probably wildcards. However, I won't say that Nicole Pratt was a tough match either...she was awful. (Regarding Sesil...I hope I'm proven wrong because she is entertaining and has a good personality....but she's as overrated as they come.)

Except for Henin, none of the top players had difficult draws. That's just what happens on grass...the top players have weapons that the lower ranked players can't match. On clay, it's a lot more even.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome