Tennis Forum banner

VeeRena visit inner city youth center

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  kabuki 
#1 ·

Tennis stars Venus Williams, left, and her sister Serena Williams, right, arrive at the D.C. Tennis and Learning Center for the 10th anniversary celebration on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 in Washington. The center teaches inner city youth the game of tennis and provides educational services.

:)

See less See more
#2 ·
They look T-I-R-E-D, don't they?

#3 ·
yeah they were are to do a benefit too...$250 a ticket!!

#5 ·
ezekiel said:

Tennis stars Venus Williams, left, and her sister Serena Williams, right, arrive at the D.C. Tennis and Learning Center for the 10th anniversary celebration on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 in Washington. The center teaches inner city youth the game of tennis and provides educational services.

:)
:wavey: Our heroes started this week in Atlanta and are due here in NYC tommorow, they must be tired, I, as always volunteer to perform any support services that this PR gold mine for the WTA may require to maintain their EDGE, during this very exhaustive book signing tour. That of course includes, massages :D Hitting partner :bounce: and a friendly, sympathetic, strong shoulder to lean on. Anything you may require ladies, I would me more than happy :) to provide all free of charge :kiss: Did I mention the huge foot fetish, I am nursing :drool: GIMMIE YOUR FEETS :lick: GIRLS

#8 ·
Williams Sisters Celebrate Tennis and Learning Center in DC

WASHINGTON, DC - Venus and Serena Williams took a trip to Washington, DC on Wednesday to help celebrate the 10th anniversary of the inspiring Southeast Tennis and Learning Center.

The Center is now a recreational home to hundreds of children, some as young as three years old, whereby the sport of tennis and education mix on a daily basis. Cora Masters Barry, ex-wife of former DC mayor Marion Barry, began the program ten years ago transforming run-down tennis courts into a center that is churning out some of America's bright tennis hopefuls.

Venus and Serena attended the Center's "Evening at the Net" gala to also pay tribute to their mother, Oracene Price, who has supported the initiative for several years. The day's events were designed to raise money for a wish-list of projects throughout the city of DC.

"It's all about the education," Serena said. "That's what we were taught from day one: We get to play tennis, but nobody could take our education away from us."

Venus and Serena will depart the capitol city and resume training, as Venus is next scheduled to compete in Istanbul in two weeks and Serena next week in Berlin at the Qatar Total German Open.

http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_6860_rx.asp

#10 ·
Rocketta said:
yeah that has to be about the worst pic of them I ever seen. :eek:

Serena looks like someone punched her in the eye. :eek: :eek: Venus is having the break-out from hell. Yeah they look like they have been going going going...:sad:
Perhaps Venus should give her cousin Vanessa a call..... ;)

#13 ·
Well.. They look bad, but they're doing good things, so props for them! :)

#14 ·
Serena doesn't even look normal in this photo - but everyone takes bad pictures, especially when they're tired. (And she must have been sleepy when she chose that outfit.;))

What a great cause to sponser! And what foresight Marion Berry's exwife had to create the center and teach tennis 10 years ago, before Venus and Serena had become known in the tennis world!

I know Venus and Serena are on a tour to promote their book but it's nice that they and their Mom visit and support places like this.

#15 ·
No one looks good or is at their best everytime a pic is taken. i'm sure we all have those pics of us,that we don't want anyone to see....or we simply rip up!!;) Give them a break! They've been at it day after day. Tired?? Lack of sleep?? whatever it is shows in their faces. Hope that news about Istanbul and Berlin is true.:yeah:

#16 ·
jacobruiz said:
Serena doesn't even look normal in this photo - but everyone takes bad pictures, especially when they're tired. (And she must have been sleepy when she chose that outfit.;))

What a great cause to sponser! And what foresight Marion Berry's exwife had to create the center and teach tennis 10 years ago, before Venus and Serena had become known in the tennis world!

I know Venus and Serena are on a tour to promote their book but it's nice that they and their Mom visit and support places like this.
Yeah Serena doesnt look at all like herself, they do look very tired maybe it was just a bad angle, and since when did she dye her again? It looks like some kind of streaks fading off or is it her old hair dye fading off? It indeed is very nice of them to be so dedicated to their fans and promoting their inspirational books.

#23 ·
Machu Picchu said:
My fave images:

They both look great in the pics w/the kids...absolutely glowing. Wish i'd gone to the event, I play there often.

#25 ·
Enough with the philanthropic nonsense already! GO FIND SOME RED CLAY COURTS AND PRACTICE!! :mad: :mad:

#26 ·
darrinbaker00 said:
Enough with the philanthropic nonsense already! GO FIND SOME RED CLAY COURTS AND PRACTICE!! :mad: :mad:
Yeah, because their are too many people who take time
out to care and give some of their time to help and
inspire others! :rolleyes: :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.