Site Upgrades - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Webmaster
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,354
                     
Site Upgrades

Hey Folks,

So there are going to be some upgrades being made to the software today, this is to prepare for further upgrades later down the line. It shouldn't effect your day to day use of the site as it's mostly background changes. That being said we have our man Jeff on the scene to monitor this process and hotfix any issues you come across, those of you also on MTF should see a similar announcement.

Any questions and feedback please post them here!

Kyle

Steve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,067
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Thanks a lot What stuff are you looking at down the line?

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is online now  
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Webmaster
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,354
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Thanks a lot What stuff are you looking at down the line?
There will be a large scale conversion later in the month, more details to follow.

Jeff

Steve is offline  
post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,067
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
There will be a large scale conversion later in the month, more details to follow.

Jeff
Thank you very much We really appreciate your work

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is online now  
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 02:52 PM
country flag Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 17,941
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Can you respond to this question Steve?

Ignored a thread request.

Simona Halep. Sorana Cîrstea,Jelena Janković,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanović,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitová,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Šafářová,Madison Keys,Donna Vekić,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwańska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas,Karolína Plíšková,Carina Witthöft
Best Romanian Songs [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tto...cWyKxtqIDst_z6
Dan is offline  
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Super Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 35,266
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
There will be a large scale conversion later in the month, more details to follow.

Jeff
Will the appearance of the site change at all?

Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Super Dave is online now  
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2015, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Webmaster
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,354
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hey Folks,

So there are going to be some upgrades being made to the software today, this is to prepare for further upgrades later down the line. It shouldn't effect your day to day use of the site as it's mostly background changes. That being said we have our man Jeff on the scene to monitor this process and hotfix any issues you come across, those of you also on MTF should see a similar announcement.

Any questions and feedback please post them here!

Kyle
UPDATE:

This is going to be bumped to a later date due to some database size issues.

We will update you once we have a date.

Jeff

Steve is offline  
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Drinking Champagne/Wine
Posts: 9,032
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Still no date?
DollyRose is offline  
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,067
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

I am sure the Webmaster is working very hard. We really need to be more appreciative of the work of him, the Mods and the Admins to operate this Forum for FREE and create what really is a wonderful place for thousandsof people

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is online now  
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 77,161
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyRose View Post
Still no date?
It was moved to a later date because of the US Open.
Meelis is offline  
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2015, 03:19 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 25,417
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I am sure the Webmaster is working very hard. We really need to be more appreciative of the work of him, the Mods and the Admins to operate this Forum for FREE and create what really is a wonderful place for thousandsof people
I'd like to think you're kidding. As it happens, I do appreciate the mods/admins here because as far as I see they're people with good intentions who do their best to strike a good balance.

But, except for a few that are for professionals, I've yet to see or hear of any successful pay only forum. The whole "secret" of social media is that it's the users who provide all the value.



Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Drinking Champagne/Wine
Posts: 9,032
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I am sure the Webmaster is working very hard. We really need to be more appreciative of the work of him, the Mods and the Admins to operate this Forum for FREE and create what really is a wonderful place for thousandsof people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
It was moved to a later date because of the US Open.
I don't know the Webmaster so I don't know if she/he is working hard or not?

But I do appreciate the Mods and Admins here Because as you can see one just gave me the information I wanted to know
DollyRose is offline  
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,067
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I'd like to think you're kidding. As it happens, I do appreciate the mods/admins here because as far as I see they're people with good intentions who do their best to strike a good balance.

But, except for a few that are for professionals, I've yet to see or hear of any successful pay only forum. The whole "secret" of social media is that it's the users who provide all the value.
How can you not be thankful to people who give up so much of their time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyRose View Post
I don't know the Webmaster so I don't know if she/he is working hard or not?

But I do appreciate the Mods and Admins here Because as you can see one just gave me the information I wanted to know
I was mainly referring to the Mods and Admins.

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs
chingching is online now  
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Drinking Champagne/Wine
Posts: 9,032
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
How can you not be thankful to people who give up so much of their time...



I was mainly referring to the Mods and Admins.
I agree
DollyRose is offline  
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Drinking Champagne/Wine
Posts: 9,032
                     
Re: Site Upgrades

I noticed you can't log into MTF right now due to the fact they are working on an upgrade there!
DollyRose is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome