ATP again - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Mike_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 5,976
                     
Exclamation ATP again

Again this thread has more ATP than WTA:

http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/379889-interesting-pics-captions-vol-3-a-post15812698.html

Again it’s been reported. Again you’ve done nothing about it.

IRODA TULYAGANOVA
_____________________ COACH TO THE LITTLE KING

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB __________
Mike_T is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
This is my fancy user title
 
~CANUCK~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,088
                     
Re: ATP again

Just because you report a post/thread doesn't mean that immediate action or any action will be taken. That thread does not contain more ATP then WTA. That is not a match discussion thread, or a general discussion thread about the ATP tour, its just a silly pic thread, in which we have taken the stance that all interesting pics that can be captioned for tennis reasons are deemed acceptable. Just look at your last post in there, it has nothing to do with tennis at all, does that mean we should delete that also?

Interesting Pics!!! Captions!!!! Vol 3
~CANUCK~ is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Mike_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 5,976
                     
Re: ATP again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
Just because you report a post/thread doesn't mean that immediate action or any action will be taken.
Immediate action wasn’t taken, that’s why I posted here. I clearly wasn’t aware of any rule change for that thread, but I wasn’t owed an explanation?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
That thread does not contain more ATP then WTA. That is not a match discussion thread, or a general discussion thread about the ATP tour, its just a silly pic thread, in which we have taken the stance that all interesting pics that can be captioned for tennis reasons are deemed acceptable. Just look at your last post in there, it has nothing to do with tennis at all, does that mean we should delete that also?

Interesting Pics!!! Captions!!!! Vol 3
You only need an IQ in double figues and knowledge of one of the bigger recent women’s tennis topics, to realise my post was on-topic. Why should you expect people on a WTA forum, to have the required ATP knowledge, to appreciate ATP captioned posts, when you don’t even have the required WTA knowledge, to appreciate WTA captioned posts? You’ve just proven why ATP is detrimental to that thread.

Far from being ‘just a silly pic thread’, it’s one of the most popular threads on here. I’d suggest any rule changes are brought about with consultation with the majority using it, not by a minority, who don’t use it and quite obviously don’t appreciate it. The majority don’t want ATP in it.

IRODA TULYAGANOVA
_____________________ COACH TO THE LITTLE KING

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB __________
Mike_T is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,843
                     
Re: ATP again

Don't be so uptight, honey.
Golovinjured. is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,711
                     
Re: ATP again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_T View Post
Again this thread has more ATP than WTA:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=15812698

Again it’s been reported. Again you’ve done nothing about it.

Well if you read that thread again and you notice it's becoming exclusively ATP, please report it again

Plus let's just remind ourselves it is a thread on a virtual board we're talking about, not a question about life or death .

Laissez nous créer, une arme en amour, une bombe à lumière, un fusil à fleur, une vie sans barrière.
Laissez nous rêver, d’un enfant président, d’un roi sans couronne, d’un Jésus indien, d’un Dieu qui pardonne, même ceux qui l’oublient.

Liberté ― Angélique Ionatos
Yasmine is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM
This is my fancy user title
 
~CANUCK~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,088
                     
Re: ATP again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_T View Post
Immediate action wasn’t taken, that’s why I posted here. I clearly wasn’t aware of any rule change for that thread, but I wasn’t owed an explanation?




You only need an IQ in double figues and knowledge of one of the bigger recent women’s tennis topics, to realise my post was on-topic. Why should you expect people on a WTA forum, to have the required ATP knowledge, to appreciate ATP captioned posts, when you don’t even have the required WTA knowledge, to appreciate WTA captioned posts? You’ve just proven why ATP is detrimental to that thread.

Far from being ‘just a silly pic thread’, it’s one of the most popular threads on here. I’d suggest any rule changes are brought about with consultation with the majority using it, not by a minority, who don’t use it and quite obviously don’t appreciate it. The majority don’t want ATP in it.

I know exactly what your caption was refering to, but since when is a picture of some random baby related to the WTA. Your caption was WTA related but the picture itself sure wasn't, which was my point to begin with. Also if you actually read most of the captions in that thread, most of the posters here find a way to include the ATP pics in a WTA caption. If and when the thread becomes over run by ATP/off topic pics then we will start removing them, but for the time being you seem to be the only person of this so called majority that are against the ATP pics being in there.
~CANUCK~ is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
:inlove:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: S.W.19
Posts: 14,048
                     
Re: ATP again

Apply your passion for justice to ending world hunger or something
:inlove: is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Mike_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 5,976
                     
Re: ATP again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
I know exactly what your caption was refering to, but since when is a picture of some random baby related to the WTA. Your caption was WTA related but the picture itself sure wasn't, which was my point to begin with.
Yeah right, you’re fooling no one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
Just look at your last post in there, it has nothing to do with tennis at all,
If you’ve dug a hole too big to climb out of, best to stop digging.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
Also if you actually read most of the captions in that thread, most of the posters here find a way to include the ATP pics in a WTA caption. If and when the thread becomes over run by ATP/off topic pics then we will start removing them, but for the time being you seem to be the only person of this so called majority that are against the ATP pics being in there.
I’ve linked this thread for peeps to voice their views:
Interesting Pics!!! Captions!!!! Vol 3


Quote:
Originally Posted by :inlove: View Post
Apply your passion for justice to ending world hunger or something
I was thinking of combining the two. Anyone caught posting ATP will be hung, drawn and quarted, barbecued to medium/rare, then fed to the starving

IRODA TULYAGANOVA
_____________________ COACH TO THE LITTLE KING

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB __________
Mike_T is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,711
                     
Re: ATP again

Enough.

Laissez nous créer, une arme en amour, une bombe à lumière, un fusil à fleur, une vie sans barrière.
Laissez nous rêver, d’un enfant président, d’un roi sans couronne, d’un Jésus indien, d’un Dieu qui pardonne, même ceux qui l’oublient.

Liberté ― Angélique Ionatos
Yasmine is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome