Double Standards - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Antarctica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,769
                     
Double Standards

The mod's here are the most hypocrite thing i've seeing in a while.

While my thread making fun of Serena got deleted this about Jankovic: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=366421 it's still on

Great work as always, only punishing those you dont like.

That's why this forum is a mess, thanks to you.

And do not dare to do anything against me, i have my right to complaint.

I hope you dont act like cowards and close the thread, and listen to what evryone else has to say.





Xxx
Antarctica is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 35,994
                     
Re: Double Standards

I agree to a certain extent. The majority of mods/admins are just normal posters like you and me but have more power. They have their favorite players and posters, and are biased.
Demska is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Ciarán's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 29,758
                     
Re: Double Standards

Some are quite biased. But I think a lot of them are fair and do their job how they should. Some of them I can never understand how they were made mods in the first playce


Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline  
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Kookie Supporter
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 65,030
                     
Re: Double Standards

Reporting the thread would have worked better. There is no need to start a new thread.

And of course we are normal posters. We just have a few extra buttons.
James is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
 
^bibi^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: At the movies
Posts: 43,134
                     
Re: Double Standards

Hmm Let's be clear, I'm the one who deleted the thread, and I guess we can all agree I'm nowhere near being a Serena fan

Any Serena fan will confirm

Your thread was reported, I looked into it and it was already turning bad, so I deleted it. End of story.

This can't last. This misery can't last. I must remember that and try to control myself. Nothing lasts really. Neither happiness nor despair. Not even life lasts very long. There'll come a time in the future when I shan't mind about this anymore, when I can look back and say quite peacefully and cheerfully how silly I was. No, no, I don't want that time to come ever. I want to remember every minute, always, always to the end of my days.
^bibi^ is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Antarctica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,769
                     
Re: Double Standards

Turning bad?

Just because demska posted you think it was turning bad?

sometimes i get the feeling you erase threads etc, just because of boredom.





Xxx
Antarctica is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:38 PM
HAND SCRAPED
 
-Sonic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 7,155
                     
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
sometimes i get the feeling you erase threads etc, just because of boredom.
I sometimes think the exact same thing, but think that boredom is the reason people make threads that they know will be locked or deleted.
-Sonic- is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:43 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,280
 
Re: Double Standards

Tzar, you always come across as so angry when you post in here.

Why is that ?
Kart is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Antarctica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,769
                     
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic The Hedgehog View Post
I sometimes think the exact same thing, but think that boredom is the reason people make threads that they know will be locked or deleted.
I disagree strongly.

Boredon dosn't equal cretivity or brilliantness

There is plenty of boring/bored people.

Count how many of them are creative or brilliant.





Xxx
Antarctica is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Antarctica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,769
                     
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
Tzar, you always come across as so angry when you post in here.

Why is that ?
Because it seems like all i do in this forum it's wrong.

I can't remember the last GM thread i did that wasn't deleted.





Xxx
Antarctica is offline  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:45 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,280
 
Re: Double Standards

So you think you're being victimised, is that it ?
Kart is offline  
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 29,649
                     
Re: Double Standards

I wonder when this will be locked...
Agape is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Antarctica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 22,769
                     
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
So you think you're being victimised, is that it ?
Pretty much, yeah.

Many times we can see threads that are jokes about a player, and it's fine, however mine got deleted.

What is the problem? WTAW wouldn't be able to handle some humour?





Xxx
Antarctica is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 29,649
                     
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Pretty much, yeah.

Many times we can see threads that are jokes about a player, and it's fine, however mine got deleted.

What is the problem? WTAW wouldn't be able to handle some humour?
What was it about?
Agape is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,280
 
Re: Double Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Pretty much, yeah.

Many times we can see threads that are jokes about a player, and it's fine, however mine got deleted.

What is the problem? WTAW wouldn't be able to handle some humour?
I see.

Who exactly do you think is victimising you and why do you think that person / those persons have it in for you ?
Kart is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome