Question about VBetting - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2005, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,193
                     
Question about VBetting

This has probably been posted somewhere on this board, but I have yet to come across it so an answer would be nice. What happened to the new $25 issued to people who lose everything in their vcash? It was hard enough to get back to a substantial amount of earnings with the new $25 that was issued (you had to bank on nice looking odds and had to make no mistakes whatsoever to get some decent money to work with) but now with this new system you force us to post like crazy just to earn a couple of dollars? I was back to rock bottom when Li lost to whatever her name was (which happened yesterday) and while I'm posting this I'm at $2. What the heck am I supposed to do with $2? Am I gonna be forced to turn myself into a post whore to boost up my cash in order to try and regain a decent level of money again?

Jelena Dokic.Vera Zvonareva.Tatiana Golovin.Mary Pierce.Monica Seles.Martina Hingis.Anna Kournikova


Havok is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2005, 10:39 PM
Webmistress
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Banville
Posts: 6,915
                     
I understand the new system is a little frustrating for those who love the vbetting game but don't post much. But we want to try and build an exciting rewards program that is more reflective of contributions to the community on the whole.

You don't have to post like crazy to earn the $25 you used to get either. If you start a journal/blog you can earn $25 every 12 hours you post a new entry in your online diary. It's easy virtual money

Use our image hosting service (wtnphotos.com) and we'll pay you $1 vCash for every photo you upload. They don't even have to be tennis photos. You can create and build your own personal sub-galleries and have fun with the service. You'll even be able to upload photos soon directly from your mobile phone! (especially cool if you're at a tournament and want to send over a few "live" pictures)

You also earn money everytime someone views one of your threads. So if you have an interesting topic of conversation, go for it.... just don't break our forum rules or you'll be punished $99 for every deleted thread

All this actually adds to the realism of vBetting. Before you could just throw a few free $25s on matches and if you lost who cares another batch of $25s would soon be coming back to you. Now you're actually betting with the vCash you've earned through contributiing to the site. You might think harder before throwing it all on your favorite WTA player against all odds.
wtn_amanda is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,193
                     
Oh, I didn't know there were this many ways of getting vcash, I thought it was only py posting/making threads . My bad then, so I guess I'll start to do some stuff I hadn't done before to gain some money .

Jelena Dokic.Vera Zvonareva.Tatiana Golovin.Mary Pierce.Monica Seles.Martina Hingis.Anna Kournikova


Havok is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PimPim's Place
Posts: 4,866
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtn_amanda
I understand the new system is a little frustrating for those who love the vbetting game but don't post much. But we want to try and build an exciting rewards program that is more reflective of contributions to the community on the whole.

You don't have to post like crazy to earn the $25 you used to get either. If you start a journal/blog you can earn $25 every 12 hours you post a new entry in your online diary. It's easy virtual money

Use our image hosting service (wtnphotos.com) and we'll pay you $1 vCash for every photo you upload. They don't even have to be tennis photos. You can create and build your own personal sub-galleries and have fun with the service. You'll even be able to upload photos soon directly from your mobile phone! (especially cool if you're at a tournament and want to send over a few "live" pictures)

You also earn money everytime someone views one of your threads. So if you have an interesting topic of conversation, go for it.... just don't break our forum rules or you'll be punished $99 for every deleted thread

All this actually adds to the realism of vBetting. Before you could just throw a few free $25s on matches and if you lost who cares another batch of $25s would soon be coming back to you. Now you're actually betting with the vCash you've earned through contributiing to the site. You might think harder before throwing it all on your favorite WTA player against all odds.
Speaking of cell phones, I can't access WTAWorld from my cell. Well, I can kind of, but it stops loading after the logo and maybe a forum, which I then can't access. Is that a problem just with my cell phone or is WTAWorld generally unable to load on cells? Thanks.
Andrew.. is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Webmistress
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Banville
Posts: 6,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew..
Speaking of cell phones, I can't access WTAWorld from my cell. Well, I can kind of, but it stops loading after the logo and maybe a forum, which I then can't access. Is that a problem just with my cell phone or is WTAWorld generally unable to load on cells? Thanks.
The site isn't really designed to be mobile compatible in its current form. We currently have a mobile version of MTF working that could be brought over to WTAworld. But at this stage mobile MTF is only accessible to premium members and it would probably be the same over here.

With mobile MTF you can browse all the forums on a compatible PDA and/or cellphone, access your private messages, send private messages, post new replies and threads. It's even got the quick reply function. It cuts out all the site images and bloat such as forumjump (that adds to the cost of browsing on a mobile) and provides a simplified user interface.
wtn_amanda is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:38 AM
Webmistress
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Banville
Posts: 6,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
Oh, I didn't know there were this many ways of getting vcash, I thought it was only py posting/making threads . My bad then, so I guess I'll start to do some stuff I hadn't done before to gain some money .
Well that's our fault since we still haven't finished the webpage that explains all of this.
wtn_amanda is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PimPim's Place
Posts: 4,866
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtn_amanda
The site isn't really designed to be mobile compatible in its current form. We currently have a mobile version of MTF working that could be brought over to WTAworld. But at this stage mobile MTF is only accessible to premium members and it would probably be the same over here.

With mobile MTF you can browse all the forums on a compatible PDA and/or cellphone, access your private messages, send private messages, post new replies and threads. It's even got the quick reply function. It cuts out all the site images and bloat such as forumjump (that adds to the cost of browsing on a mobile) and provides a simplified user interface.
I'd be happy to sign up for it should it ever come here.

And I'd be happy to sign up for MTF Premium, too. Hint.
Andrew.. is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Martian Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Below the stars.
Posts: 6,694
                     
Some of us were also never given any explanation as to why we can't post there.
Martian Willow is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome