misusing of account - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2004, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
wateva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18,794
                     
misusing of account

somebody used my account to post 3 different messages bad-mouthing kim. i'm sorry but i think my privacy has been invaded and i hope that that particular user gets banned. his username is firefly_ac and i think u can ask him personally if he misused my account. i hope he'll be frank and the administrators can teach him a lesson.

Kim Clijsters always in my heart

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2004, 06:16 PM
country flag Poe
Webmaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,107
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wateva
somebody used my account to post 3 different messages bad-mouthing kim. i'm sorry but i think my privacy has been invaded and i hope that that particular user gets banned. his username is firefly_ac and i think u can ask him personally if he misused my account. i hope he'll be frank and the administrators can teach him a lesson.
did you give him your password?
Poe is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2004, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
wateva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18,794
                     
i didn't give him my password but i logged in using my account. when i left the the computer to do something, he used my account on the computer to type some messages about kim.

Kim Clijsters always in my heart

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
azza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: EVIES THROAT CHOKING.....
Posts: 24,931
                     
:retard:
azza is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
SpikeyAidanm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Travelling the Globe
Posts: 26,373
                     
log out, before you let firefly on...
SpikeyAidanm is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: post mortem
Posts: 2,582
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wateva
i didn't give him my password but i logged in using my account. when i left the the computer to do something, he used my account on the computer to type some messages about kim.
u can delete the threads and apologise...and next time log out before going away from ur comp

toreador aka Sophie_Angel

Amyessence FTL!
toreador is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Diosa Contable
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lancaster, UK
Posts: 2,945
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy head
u can delete the threads and apologise...and next time log out before going away from ur comp
Excuse me, but that's like telling a raped girl "next time don't wear so much make-up!". If someone is impersonating wateva and missusing his/her computer it is certainly not wateva's fault. I am sure wateva will be more paranoid from now on... but it is certainly not his/her fault!


Gallofa is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: post mortem
Posts: 2,582
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallofa
Excuse me, but that's like telling a raped girl "next time don't wear so much make-up!". If someone is impersonating wateva and missusing his/her computer it is certainly not wateva's fault. I am sure wateva will be more paranoid from now on... but it is certainly not his/her fault!
huh? its common sense..if ure gonna let someone else on ur comp you should sign out..whats so complicated about that?

toreador aka Sophie_Angel

Amyessence FTL!
toreador is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
wateva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18,794
                     
well... i've only been gone for about 15 minutes but the damage done was enough... in my opinion, it was irreversible...

Kim Clijsters always in my heart

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Martian Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Below the stars.
Posts: 6,695
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallofa
Excuse me, but that's like telling a raped girl "next time don't wear so much make-up!". If someone is impersonating wateva and missusing his/her computer it is certainly not wateva's fault. I am sure wateva will be more paranoid from now on... but it is certainly not his/her fault!
...that's a charmingly inappropriate analogy...thanks very much...it's not the same thing at all...
Martian Willow is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:01 PM
Diosa Contable
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lancaster, UK
Posts: 2,945
                     
Why would it not be the same? It is obviously an extreme example, but it is the same thing. if I am in my office and I leave for a minute and someone breaks into my computer files and does something ilegal, should I be accused of doing something wrong? shouldn't the people be rolling their eyes at the person that broke into my computer and invaded my privacy?


Gallofa is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:11 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Martian Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Below the stars.
Posts: 6,695
                     
...you should be accused of negligence, just as you would be if you went out and left all your doors and windows open...of course people shouldn't walk in a take things but it's still a stupid thing to do, isn't it...?...more to the point, what does he expect WTAworlds hardworking and pertinacious admins to do about it...?
Martian Willow is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:01 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: post mortem
Posts: 2,582
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
...that's a charmingly inappropriate analogy...thanks very much...it's not the same thing at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
...you should be accused of negligence, just as you would be if you went out and left all your doors and windows open...of course people shouldn't walk in a take things but it's still a stupid thing to do, isn't it...?...more to the point, what does he expect WTAworlds hardworking and pertinacious admins to do about it...?
thank you

toreador aka Sophie_Angel

Amyessence FTL!
toreador is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: I'll ask.
Posts: 5,213
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy head
u can delete the threads and apologise...and next time log out before going away from ur comp
That's the most sensible and the only thing to do, obviously.
Lynx is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome