Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: home sweet home
Game Request for Sam L and twight6
Game Request: GSTT: Grand Slam Tennis Tour
It is run by me, twight6, and Sam L. Here are the rules:
1. Posters pick real-life current players as their players. For instance, you can be Lindsay Davenport. Each poster can have a male player also, so you can own two players. We will be holding women's doubles slams, mens doubles and mixed doubles tournaments (if we have enough numbers.)
2. This tour works on a yearly basis. One year = one edition. So 1 year (for us) = 10 years (on this tour) so we'll have 40 grand slam tournaments for 2004 (on tour from 2004 - 2013).
3. This tour comprises ONLY of grand slams. For instance, this week we'll have 2004 Australian Open, then 2004 French Open, then 2004 Wimbledon then 2004 US OPen, and then 2005 Australian OPen.
4. So what happens is all players only compete in slams. In other words, this is a competition for ALL-TIME greatness.
5. The scoring: You have 5000 points for your entire career, and you can use those points in any slams you like. For instance, for Australian Open 2004 you may choose to use 300 points, and then for French Open 2004, you may choose to use 0 points. With those points you divide into 3 sets like in other games. (If you are not aware of this system, please ask me.)
6. Scoring will be further determined by surface preferences. There are 4 surfaces: Rebound Ace, Clay, Grass and Hardcourt for the 4 slams. You get 10 points to spread around between those surfaces as much as you like and in any way as you like. Surface points will only be used when there is a tie. For example, Serena Williams vs. Justine Henin and both have 50/50/0 for points. But Serena has 0 surface points on clay and Justine has 10 surface points on clay, and so she wins both the first two sets.
Some people have already signed up, if so i have your names.
I used to list my favorite tennis players here...
...then they all retired.I used to keep track of my rankings in fantasy games here...
...then I realized how much I suck.I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.