Tennis Forum banner

rankings

19K views 296 replies 17 participants last post by  hellas719 
#1 ·
Lena has really lost lots of seats with her injury.She is now in number 61.....the lowest place ever!!!!She is ment to play though in Indian Wells. Lets hope she will do well there.GO LENA!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#3 ·
Too bad I don´t have my website updated, or we would see what is next to defend for her. But she did not have an spectacular 2004 season, I think she will climb many steps just reaching quarters at any tournament.
But her ranking is really low now, she will have to play qualies soon..

#11 ·
Yes, I believe Eleni is moving up in the Rankings after her great showing on grass (as usual). She had excellent results at Birmingham (nearly beating Sharapova) and Wimbledon, beating henin Hardenne in the first round! :eek:, so I am hoping that will translate into a great Hard Court season for her.

I would love to see her back in the top 20....she's a great player and certainly has the shot-making abilities to trouble the top players.

-Rache :D

#15 ·
forever_rafter said:
Don't worry about the tickets, they are always available even on the days matches are played (at least for the 1st week). The lines are damn long though so it's better to buy them eralier at boxoffice or to buy them via usopoen website ;)
thanks :D Various people have told me to buy them from Ticketmaster store while I'm over there. There is one not from from where I'm spending the summer so I might go one weekend to get some tickets.

I think I was also told that USO Quallies are free, is this true or don't you know?

thanks,
-Rache

#19 ·
forever_rafter said:
The same place, there are also courts in the park where lower ranked players sometimes train. Last year I saw there Jim Carey LOL
:yeah: lol, awesome, thanks. I will be staying in Queens alone, a friend recently sent me an email saying I should be careful :tape: But I fugured with there being an international event nearby, security will be at it's highest..... :shrug: Maybe my friend was being a bit over cautious as I'd heard Queens is a nice area.

-Rache

PS. Thanks for your help BTW. It's nice to get your advice as you too are an international US Open visitor so you'll know my perspective ;)

#21 ·
forever_rafter said:
I think Queens is a very safe place. Besides during the USO the security is very tight (maybe even too tight) and there is a lot of policemen everywhere. I'll give you some tips before the tournament ;)
:yeah:

Hey thanks. I would appreciate the advice. I also figured the security would be tight during the event. I'm just 2 miles from USO so I would assume that police are patroling around there most of the time....that puts my mind at ease a lot.

-Rache

#22 ·
I stayed 2 times in Newark ( New Jersey) and I'm still alive ;) I think it's less safe in my town late in the evening than in NY, I was with my brother in Main Street at midnight with my camera on my shoulder and nobody even bothered plus I could carry my mobile for everyone to see and nobody took it away from me...So it's pretty safe to me ;) 2 miles from Flushing sounds great, never stayed that close, it's superb 'cause you can stay late every day and you can be on courts pretty early too. I missed a few Lena's trainings 'cause I never could make it to be there by 11.00 am...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.