Attention foreign Berlin Visitors: 1st of May in Berlin means World Revolution - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
FunksterNumber1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: at work/at home
Posts: 22
                     
Attention foreign Berlin Visitors: 1st of May in Berlin means World Revolution

1st of May in Berlin means really this:

Streetfights, Molotow Cocktails (Fuel Bombs made of Bottles), Teargas, Water-Throwers (is this the right word ?) andThousands of Left-Radical Protesters mixed with youth gangs from the ghettos.

Try to stay away from the inner city, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg.

And my special problem is: I'm arriving at 30.4.05 in Berlin, I wanna see the qualies and my residence during the German Open is a flat in the middle of Kreuzberg. So i guess i really have to be careful, fast and teargas-resistent when i come home from the last qualifikation day.

Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Dinara Safina, Nadia Petrova, Sania Mirza, Evgenia Linetskaya

play Virtual Tennis Tour Champions !!!
www.vtt-champions.com
FunksterNumber1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Paule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
Posts: 4,835
                     
It's not so hard. If you don't want to fight, you don't have to. Depends also, where in Kreuzberg you will stay.

Tatjana *Tadde* Malek
my gallery of german tennis players is at http://www.akstra.de/tennis/
Paule22 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
What about the final day? 8th May 2005...meaning the 60th anniversary of the german war-might (Wehrmacht). There´s still a discussion going on whether the neo-nazis, skinheads and my beloved party NPD will have a demonstration or not. I hope they don´t get the permission and there will be enough people having a demonstration against those fuckers (sorry, but just true). I don´t look very german and I don´t want to spend my time trying to get out of the way of those freaking idiots.

At least the city will be full of police-officers...though this won´t make me feel any more secure at all. Thinking of situations like in Genua really scares the hell out of me. I know I am overreacting a bit but still, I hope that the fucking NPD won´t get their right to demonstrate.

Anyone have further informations about that? I already thought about skipping the final day...


BTW: I stay at a friend´s flat, right in Prenzlauer Berg, but I´ll start my week thursday, so all the destroyed cars and other poor stuff on the streets should be gone by then

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A

Last edited by Spunky83; Mar 5th, 2005 at 05:24 PM.
Spunky83 is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Blackbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: berlin
Posts: 3,422
                     
the tournament won´t be sold out or???

maybe i´ll go to the quarterfinals or semifinals,

well, cause i´m a week before in Warsaw an than i have to work a few days...

Serena Williams Venus Williams

Good Luck to all Polish Players!!!

Good Luck to Queen Venus Williams and Princess Serena Williams, too!!!

POLISH RULEZ
WILLIAMS RULEZ
Blackbeat is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeat
the tournament won´t be sold out or???

maybe i´ll go to the quarterfinals or semifinals,

well, cause i´m a week before in Warsaw an than i have to work a few days...
Sold out ? ...no, I got category III tickets last year and I just sat on cat. 1 seats cause there were so many unoccupied seats, it´s good for the visitors but bad for the tourney.

...and I´ve just heard that the neonazis won´t have a right to protest. thank god.

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Blackbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: berlin
Posts: 3,422
                     
So i can buy me a cat 3 ticket and sit down on a cat 1???

thats cool...

Serena Williams Venus Williams

Good Luck to all Polish Players!!!

Good Luck to Queen Venus Williams and Princess Serena Williams, too!!!

POLISH RULEZ
WILLIAMS RULEZ
Blackbeat is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeat
So i can buy me a cat 3 ticket and sit down on a cat 1???

thats cool...
Well...I did it all the time, they won´t have controls anyway. Maybe it was just because of last year´s weather, but well, I guess it shouldn´t be a problem. If a person comes up to you who actually owns that seat, just say sorry and choose another seat . Actually the only time the guards kicked persons out was when they sat down on the vip-seats.

You just have to stay on your side of the court.

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Paule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
Posts: 4,835
                     
Man Leute rastet mal nicht so aus. Das nimmt ja Formen an hier. Selbst wenn es eine Demo anlässlich der Eröffnung des Holocaust-Denkmals gegeben hätte/geben wird, wird diese im Grunewald nicht existent sein. Und am Brandenburger Tor braucht man auch keine Angst zu haben, da ist für Sicherheit gesorgt und die NPDler benehmen sich meistens wenn sie nicht gerade in Hohenschönhausen demonstrieren. Haltet euch wenn ihr wirklich Angst habt einfach am 1. Mai von brenzligen Ecken in Kreuzberg fern, dann passiert euch auch nichts.

Und mit den Tickets, das ist wirklich sehr einfach, ausser am Final-Wochenende mit Halbfinale und Finale kann man wirklich sitzen wo man will, seit es Steffi Graf nicht mehr gibt. Habe auf Grund der Regenpause im letzten Jahr das Doppel-Finale mit cirka 50 anderen Leuten gesehen...

Short English Version: No Nazi-Trouble on the Tournament Grounds and in Grunewald - just on 1st May at Kreuzberg. There is no need of ordering your Tickets in advance. It is never sold out and you can always sit where you want, except sometimes on Semis and Finals day.

Tatjana *Tadde* Malek
my gallery of german tennis players is at http://www.akstra.de/tennis/
Paule22 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule22
Man Leute rastet mal nicht so aus. Das nimmt ja Formen an hier. Selbst wenn es eine Demo anlässlich der Eröffnung des Holocaust-Denkmals gegeben hätte/geben wird, wird diese im Grunewald nicht existent sein. Und am Brandenburger Tor braucht man auch keine Angst zu haben, da ist für Sicherheit gesorgt und die NPDler benehmen sich meistens wenn sie nicht gerade in Hohenschönhausen demonstrieren. Haltet euch wenn ihr wirklich Angst habt einfach am 1. Mai von brenzligen Ecken in Kreuzberg fern, dann passiert euch auch nichts.

Und mit den Tickets, das ist wirklich sehr einfach, ausser am Final-Wochenende mit Halbfinale und Finale kann man wirklich sitzen wo man will, seit es Steffi Graf nicht mehr gibt. Habe auf Grund der Regenpause im letzten Jahr das Doppel-Finale mit cirka 50 anderen Leuten gesehen...

Short English Version: No Nazi-Trouble on the Tournament Grounds and in Grunewald - just on 1st May at Kreuzberg. There is no need of ordering your Tickets in advance. It is never sold out and you can always sit where you want, except sometimes on Semis and Finals day.
Uhhh...da waren noch 50 Leute da? Ich hatte nach dem Showmatch auch keinen Bock mehr gehabt und bin gefahren...also ich hoffe doch wirklich auf besseres Wetter dieses Jahr!

By the way: Final day and also thursday (dunno about mo-we), cat. 3 seatings free choice of seat, no reservation unlike last year.

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Paule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
Posts: 4,835
                     
Naja, diese 3 Stunden Regenpause war schon unfein, war auch nass bis auf die Knochen. Aber das Doppelfinale war wirklich gut, 3 packende Sätze. Am lustigsten waren eigentlich Petrowa und Shaughnessy, die die Stunde vor dem Spiel dauernd raus und rein gerannt sind im Jogginganzug und sich kaputtgelacht haben.

Tatjana *Tadde* Malek
my gallery of german tennis players is at http://www.akstra.de/tennis/
Paule22 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2005, 09:44 AM
country flag pan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Munich
Posts: 3,979
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunksterNumber1
1st of May in Berlin means really this:

Streetfights, Molotow Cocktails (Fuel Bombs made of Bottles), Teargas, Water-Throwers (is this the right word ?) andThousands of Left-Radical Protesters mixed with youth gangs from the ghettos.

Try to stay away from the inner city, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg.

And my special problem is: I'm arriving at 30.4.05 in Berlin, I wanna see the qualies and my residence during the German Open is a flat in the middle of Kreuzberg. So i guess i really have to be careful, fast and teargas-resistent when i come home from the last qualifikation day.

is ja super wie du nazi-deutschland hinaus in die welt trägst! damit auch ja jeder teenager im ausland bestätigt bekommt, dass deutschland ein gefährliches pflaster ist, von rechten wichsern nur so besiedelt und politisch heimlich von ihren vertretern unterlaufen. glückwunsch. manifestiere unseren ruf - verjage ausländische gäste.

und: der erste mai ist ein geschichtsträchtiger tag in deutschland, der hier und da für friedliche demos genutzt wird und werden soll. leider immer wieder auch von den "falschen" - aber nach neuesten gesetzen können rechte demos an geschichtsträchtigen plätzen vom land verboten werden. und in perfektionismus-deutschland ist meistens mehr polizei da als demo. und es passiert äußerst selten etwas. also: keep cool...

außerdem würde ich damit aufpassen, kreuzberg und prenzlberg als "ghetto" zu bezeichnen - sonst kriegst du noch ärger mit den "youth gangs".

my other signature is funny.
pan is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Judi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 141
                     
wäre cool, wenn wir hier weiter deutsch schreiben.
hab heute das neue design der website gesehen. www.german-open.org
sieht schonmal um eingiges besser aus.


JenniferCapriati




"I've been a fighter, I think, since the day I was born."
Jen


Proud to be one of jenny's hell's angels!


Judi
Judi is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Good Luck Caro in 2016!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 148,480
                     
I will goto Berlin, Can we expect a street war?

I wonder also, will the tix be soldout for Wednesday and Thursday? I will go Sat-Thursday (maybe only Wednesday)

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn
I will goto Berlin, Can we expect a street war?

I wonder also, will the tix be soldout for Wednesday and Thursday? I will go Sat-Thursday (maybe only Wednesday)
It won´t be sold out until Steffi Graf makes a comeback...especially not on wednesday or thursday.

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Spunky83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: D´dorf
Posts: 10,846
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi
wäre cool, wenn wir hier weiter deutsch schreiben.
hab heute das neue design der website gesehen. www.german-open.org
sieht schonmal um eingiges besser aus.
It was about freaking time...at least they have finally included Kim Clijsters

Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana


M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome