Predict the score "37" : BL Champs
Predict-the-SCORE is a game in which you predict the score of matches on the WTA Tour each week.
For every tournament, you have a certain number of matches that you must predict in each round.
For this tournament, you must predict the scores in this way:
1st Round: Predict 15 matches
2nd Round: Predict 7 matches
3rd round: Predict 5 matches
Quaterfinals: Predict 3 matches
Semifinals: Predict 2 matches
Final: Predict 1 match
You may commit to tournaments in the Predict-the-SCORE forum, but a commitment is not necessary to play the game. Just begin predicting when the main draw is released.
1) If a player withdraws from the tournament at any time, or retires during her match, any pick involving this player is not counted. You are given a "replacement pick" which you may use at ANY TIME during the tournament in addition to your other picks. But you must label it as a replacement pick.
2) You are not permitted to edit your posts under any circumstances. If you wish to alter your picks, please reply to your pick post and make the changes there. Once a match begins, however, you may not edit a pick involving that match.
3) You may not pick a match where we do not know who both players are. You must have both players names in your pick for it to be valid. You may not just say "Qualifier" in your prediction. Also, please do not use nicknames in your picks, just for the sake of limiting confusion. It is much clearer if you use “Williams and Zvonareva” rather than “Vee and Bepa”
3a) If two players in a match have not been decided, and you make the prediction assuming the victor of a match, and that match does not occur, the pick is invalid and you do not get a replacement. If that match does occur, the pick goes on as normal.
How the Scoring works:
Here is an example:
Several players decide to predict the Hingis vs. V. Williams Semi-Final Match at the US Open in 1999
ACTUAL MATCH RESULT: Hingis def V. Williams 6-1, 4-6, 6-3
Let’s say the following are predictions from a range of players:
1. Hingis to beat V. Williams 6-1, 4-6, 6-3
This was a "perfect pick". You receive 35 points.
2. Hingis to beat v. Williams 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
You predicted that the match would go three sets, and you got all 3 set scores correct, they were just not in the correct order. You receive 25 points.
3. Hingis to beat V. Williams 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
You predicted the correct number of sets, and you predicted one of the set scores correct (6-1) and it was correct because Martina won that set 6-1 like she actually did.
You would receive 20 points. (NOTE: if you predicted two of the sets correct but not the third, in a three set match, you will be given 23 points here)
4. Hingis to beat V. Williams 7-6, 2-6, 6-4
You predicted the correct number of sets, and although 6-4 was in the actual scoreline, in the real match Venus won the set 6-4 not Martina, as you have predicted.
So any situations like this when you have predicted the correct winner and correct number of sets but no correct actual scorelines, you still receive 15 points.
5. Hingis to beat V. Williams 6-1, 6-2
You predicted the correct winner but not the correct number of sets. However, you did correctly predict at least one scoreline that was correct (6-1 in Martina’s favour), so you still receive 12 points.
(NOTE: if you picked Martina to beat Venus 6-1, 6-3, you still got at least one set correct, so that’s worth 12 too).
6. Hingis to beat V. Williams 6-2, 6-4
You predicted the correct winner, but neither of the scorelines were correct (note that 6-4 was in the real scoreline but in Venus’s favour not Martina’s as you have predicted). A prediction like this will reward you with 10 points.
7. V. Williams to beat Hingis 7-5, 1-6, 7-6
0 points for any incorrect winner prediction.
Last edited by HectorMagnus; Apr 10th, 2005 at 04:36 PM.