Tennis Forum banner

Dechy will be top 3 this year

735 views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  zuluagafan 
#1 ·

I'm sorry.

#8 ·
Five said:
it's very childish of you :rolleyes: Maybe tomorrow someone will start a thread named Schnyder will be #1 this week or Schiavone will be #2 this month ...ect...stupid threads :retard:
You are kidding? Saying a thread is childish in this newsgroup?
You are taking this too seriously. It's just not serious thread here. Get over it please...you don't have to be harsh on me for this really.
but hey I forgive you :wavey:

#10 ·
Newbies - go figure

#12 ·
jlamire said:

I'm sorry.
A bold statement.

I like Dechy. I don't know if she will be top 3 but she has definitely shown signs of improvement over the last few months. She just might lose her jobber status.

#13 ·
DementievaRules said:
A bold statement.

I like Dechy. I don't know if she will be top 3 but she has definitely shown signs of improvement over the last few months. She just might lose her jobber status.
It was just a thread to have fun,
and looking at the posts I have lot of fun actually ...but more seriously I believe that if she were a steady top 15 it would not be a shame as some posters here seem to imply.

#14 ·
I don't think that. Nathalie Dechy had also a lucky draw and beat only one Top 10 player in her way to the semis. Please Dechy fans don't take me wrong that because I assent her excellent performance at the Australian Open but this isn't making of a player a TOP 3!!! ;)

Should I remember that Dechy lost in the second round of Sydney (okay Davenport was a tough opponent ;) ) and in the first round of Gold Coast and last year in Roland garros the out came in round 1 to WC Stephanie Foretz! ;)

Dechy is actually WTA 24 with 1247 points thus far away from the 3934 points that the actual Top 3 (Myskina) has. She will certainly improve to around position 14 or 13 in the world ranking but never to position 3 because we have actually too many good players with all the Russians, the Williams sisters, Mauresmo, Davenport, Capriati, Henin-Hardenne and Clijsters.

PS: This is typical at this board. After Amelie Mauresmo's (WTA 2) defeat yesterday some people called her a loser and now Nathalie Dechy is seen as a Top 3 player only because she played one good tournament. :rolleyes: :tape:

#15 ·
maybe on the 'year to date race' she might be for a brief time, but never on the wta rankings, sorry it aint happening.

#16 ·
drimal04 said:
I don't think that. Nathalie Dechy had also a lucky draw and beat only one Top 10 player in her way to the semis. Please Dechy fans don't take me wrong that because I assent her excellent performance at the Australian Open but this isn't making of a player a TOP 3!!! ;)

Should I remember that Dechy lost in the second round of Sydney (okay Davenport was a tough opponent ;) ) and in the first round of Gold Coast and last year in Roland garros the out came in round 1 to WC Stephanie Foretz! ;)

Dechy is actually WTA 24 with 1247 points thus far away from the 3934 points that the actual Top 3 (Myskina) has. She will certainly improve to around position 14 or 13 in the world ranking but never to position 3 because we have actually too many good players with all the Russians, the Williams sisters, Mauresmo, Davenport, Capriati, Henin-Hardenne and Clijsters.

PS: This is typical at this board. After Amelie Mauresmo's (WTA 2) defeat yesterday some people called her a loser and now Nathalie Dechy is seen as a Top 3 player only because she played one good tournament. :rolleyes: :tape:
Sorry it was not serious thread....people don't have any sense of humour those days.....Jezzzz do you believe really I was serious? Read my other posts and you will understand.

#17 ·
drimal04 said:
Yeah, the distance between being the best or the beast is just one victory... People tend to forget easily. :rolleyes:

#18 ·
Good luck for her in 2005

Even if it seems to be quite unreal to imagine Nathalie n°3 :) :) in the world at the end of the year, she can be very proud to be in SF of the AO :worship: ...good job for her and she seems to have a different mentality this year. There's no doubt that Sven Groeneveld :angel: is concerned with her new ambitions...she'll be at least ranked 13 :) :) after the AO (her best ranking), and Sven Groeneveld has been working with her physically and also mentally.
He makes her work to have a much more agressive game. He wants her to get new weapons in her game because he said that she has really good and solid basis.
And also he's working to make her realize that she can be a top player. He's thinking that she is maybe to shy and not self-confident enough....and it seems to work considering her new fighting spirit in the AO...................... so even if she doesn't reach the 3rd place in the WTA ranking, she can maybe have the goal to enter the top 10.. :bounce:

#19 ·
jlamire said:
Sorry it was not serious thread....people don't have any sense of humour those days.....Jezzzz do you believe really I was serious? Read my other posts and you will understand.
Sorry jlamire I had not read your other posts just answered at the topic! ;) Excuse my reactions! ;)

So excuse me! But the idea of two French players is not that bad! :D
Amelie Mauresmo is actually the only Top 10 player after the injuries of Justine and Kim, but as I said in my previous post Dechy has unfortunately not the means of becoming a Top player during weeks.

But Tatiana Golovin is a very good young talented player and it would be no surprise if she would stand one day in the Top 10! :)

#20 ·
drimal04 said:
Sorry jlamire I had not read your other posts just answered at the topic! ;) Excuse my reactions! ;)

So excuse me! But the idea of two French players is not that bad! :D
Amelie Mauresmo is actually the only Top 10 player after the injuries of Justine and Kim, but as I said in my previous post Dechy has unfortunately not the means of becoming a Top player during weeks.

But Tatiana Golovin is a very good young talented player and it would be no surprise if she would stand one day in the Top 10! :)
No pb :wavey:

#22 ·
Rolling on the floor laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.