Tennis Forum banner

Lena withdraws from Sydney...

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Andrew. 
#1 ·
Due to a continuing left foot injury.

I hope she is better for Melbourne.

#7 ·
Does anyone have any news on the status of the injury? Is it just precautionary that she withdrew from Sydney so she can be right for AO? Or is Ao in doubt as well?
I really hop it isn't serious, 2005 is the year for Lena to make the top 10.
Lena is entered into nothing after Melbourne. This injury seems very serious.
But maybe she didn't enter them originally because she wanted a break at that time, at least I hope so. Strange she wouldn't have entered Paris though.

#8 ·
Naomi_85 said:
Does anyone have any news on the status of the injury? Is it just precautionary that she withdrew from Sydney so she can be right for AO? Or is Ao in doubt as well?
I really hop it isn't serious, 2005 is the year for Lena to make the top 10.
But maybe she didn't enter them originally because she wanted a break at that time, at least I hope so. Strange she wouldn't have entered Paris though.
If that's how she planned her schedule, it's a very stupid schedule.

I doubt Lena will travel to Melbourne, injured, and play no more than three matches.

#10 ·
Naomi_85 said:
Well I'd rather her have a stupid schedule than have a serious injury but that is me:)
Apparently she already has a "serious injury", while playing a dumb schedule. If she was healthy when planning it, and she decided not to play anything between Aus and IW, then I don't understand that at all.

#11 ·
It seems that it's a serious injury.
She has multiple fractures in foot :sad: She could be out until last summer :eek:

#13 ·
I didn't read it. It's one of my friends who told me that.

#15 ·
I hope that this injury heals before the summer and Lena is back playing again soon. It would be awful to have to come back and try to defend all those points she has from New Haven on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.