Is it over for SCG? - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ivanovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,623
                     
Is it over for SCG?

OK - I dont know how this works now.
Is SCG out of final contention?

If Serbia beats Sweden and Russia 3-0 which is very possible will they make the final.

I dont like depending on other nations to get SCG over the line - but lets say if the USA conceives at least one loss in the two ties that are left - will that improve Serbian chances provided that SCG beats Russia and Sweden 3-0.

I'm thinking
Johansson bt Dent
Kuznetsova bt Raymond
Arvidsson bt Raymond (this girl's good - she looke impressive at Wimbledon).
Also the Russians might bt the US in the mixed Kuzzy is just as good as Raymond in the mixed.

But I think I should just face it - SCG is out - so sad - over so soon.
Ana played great - its not her fault - the US was just too experienced.

Dent was scraching his elbow/arm so - he might withdraw - heee I'm so evil. well I'm desperate - I wonted SCG to win this.
They should not have partied last night - they should have gone o bed at 7 like Raymond - just kiddin'.

But yeah - I think its over for SCG, right??
ivanovic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
groenefeldeffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Burswood Dome
Posts: 525
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovic
OK - I dont know how this works now.
Is SCG out of final contention?

If Serbia beats Sweden and Russia 3-0 which is very possible will they make the final.

I dont like depending on other nations to get SCG over the line - but lets say if the USA conceives at least one loss in the two ties that are left - will that improve Serbian chances provided that SCG beats Russia and Sweden 3-0.

I'm thinking
Johansson bt Dent
Kuznetsova bt Raymond
Arvidsson bt Raymond (this girl's good - she looke impressive at Wimbledon).
Also the Russians might bt the US in the mixed Kuzzy is just as good as Raymond in the mixed.

But I think I should just face it - SCG is out - so sad - over so soon.
Ana played great - its not her fault - the US was just too experienced.

Dent was scraching his elbow/arm so - he might withdraw - heee I'm so evil. well I'm desperate - I wonted SCG to win this.
They should not have partied last night - they should have gone o bed at 7 like Raymond - just kiddin'.

But yeah - I think its over for SCG, right??
It's not impossible; teams can get through with 2 wins... you just need someone to beat USA.

anna-lena groenefeld
micha螔la krajicek

arvidsson clijsters dulko ivanovic
kuznetsova sharapova stosur


WEST COAST EAGLES PREMIERS 2006
groenefeldeffect is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2006, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
咖容Less's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 7,319
                     
why are you serious about this whole thing. It's like exibition and this is the first time we are in it! It's not like they are veterans in these things. This is a new experience for them. And Ana won today so it should go to history as first win for Serbia. Some countries will never play this. And we should be honoured they invited new kids in the block. They will make great results in future if not this year.

NO


Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
咖容Less is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ivanovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,623
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duleml
why are you serious about this whole thing. It's like exibition and this is the first time we are in it! It's not like they are veterans in these things. This is a new experience for them. And Ana won today so it should go to history as first win for Serbia. Some countries will never play this. And we should be honoured they invited new kids in the block. They will make great results in future if not this year.
well, because this is my favourite tournament - and I really had high hopes for SCG.
If Marat Safin didn't withdraw we would have been in the final - but now coz of his withdrawl no-one can beat USA in group B.

Dule, you live in Europe so you get to see almost every match Ana plays - everything is televised over there - here in Australia we only get the HC, Medibank International and the AO - so after January the tennis coverage in Australia is over for the entire year - oh maybe not we might get some pathetic coverage of Wimbledon - like mostly Lleyton Hewitt matches. *embarresed*
So therefore I wnated to see Serbia do well here because we wont be invited next year unless we win - (we're not their Scandanavian "friends").

It is an honur that we were invited - but c'mon McNamee would have invited someone better if he had the chance - most Australian's couldnt point Serbia on the map - let alone go and watch players with last names like Ivanovic and Djokovic - it was just plain luck SCG was invited.

But I'm glad this was my FIRST - that's right FIRST time to watch an entire match by Ana Ivanovic on TV - where she actually won.
So yeah do you see how sad that sounds -considering I'm her biggest fan - well its true - most of the play I saw was from those mini-clips from her site.

That's why I was obsessed with this event - coz I was hoping to c 4 of her singles matches from the start till the end.
But I guess this will happen afterall - tonight we'll watch her play Arvidsson on Fox - so I should be greatfull for that - it doesnt matter that Nole is sucking atm.

If they are invited next year then it ought to be Ivanovic/Zimonjic.
or Jankovic/Tipsarevic
ivanovic is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Langers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9,157
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovic
Dule, you live in Europe so you get to see almost every match Ana plays - everything is televised over there - here in Australia we only get the HC, Medibank International and the AO - so after January the tennis coverage in Australia is over for the entire year
On Fox Sports they televise numerous tournaments throughout the year, mainly the 'big' events and normally from the Quarter Finals and beyond. Now that Ana is one of the top players in the world, she should be entering in many of these tournaments and we should therefore get to see a fair bit of her in action. And of course there are all the Grand Slams, which are all shown on Fox.
Quote:
But I'm glad this was my FIRST - that's right FIRST time to watch an entire match by Ana Ivanovic on TV - where she actually won.
So yeah do you see how sad that sounds -considering I'm her biggest fan - well its true
I saw three Ana matches last year, the first of which was at the Australian Open where she lost to Mauresmo. This was the first time I saw her and I immediately was attracted to her and her game. The second game was also against Maruresmo at the French Open, and what a game that was. Probably the breakthrough in her career. Then I saw her against Petrova in the Quarters, unfortunately she lost.
Quote:
But I guess this will happen afterall - tonight we'll watch her play Arvidsson on Fox - so I should be greatfull for that - it doesnt matter that Nole is sucking atm.
Yep, go Ana! If her form yesterday was anything to go by, she should be too good.
Langers is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
KimC&MariaSNo1's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wherever Life Takes Me
Posts: 10,352
                     
i think SCG still have great chance aslong as they win all there matches from now i think that sweden can beat USA and depending on the Russian guy they might win also i dont see Raymond winning a singles match
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM
Senior Member
 
TheBoiledEgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: in Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 180,045
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovic
If Marat Safin didn't withdraw we would have been in the final - but now coz of his withdrawl no-one can beat USA in group B.
how did you work that out
Russia would have won all their matches and been in final
a fit Marat would have been too much for all.

Good luck in 2016 to my favs

AZARENKA

*Kuznetsova*Sharapova*Kleybanova*Vesnina*Shvedova*Kulichkova*Kasatkina*
Pavlyuchenkova*Makarova*Diatchenko*Pivovarova*Gasparyan*Leykina*Zhuk*Potapova*Pervushina**Govortsova
MINELLA TsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea
*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*
Cetkovska*Svitolina*
*Bellis*Soylu*Sibille*Uberalova*Eden Silva*
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Experimentee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,064
                     
Yeah if you figure Russia would beat USA, then they would also beat Serbia and be in the final.
And Nole is a much better player than Janko or Nenad. He's had tough opposition, while Ana hasnt played anyone good so far, so thats why she is winning and he is losing.
Experimentee is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ivanovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,623
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
how did you work that out
Russia would have won all their matches and been in final
a fit Marat would have been too much for all.
Safin has never won a mixed doubles - like all the commentators said "he is totally out of his depth" when it comes to the mixed so I think Ana/Nole would have beaten Kuzzy/Safin.
This way Dent has no opposition whats so ever so no one will really bt him - Thomas better play better then what he did against Nole if he wants to bt Dent.
ivanovic is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ivanovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,623
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimentee
Yeah if you figure Russia would beat USA, then they would also beat Serbia and be in the final.
And Nole is a much better player than Janko or Nenad. He's had tough opposition, while Ana hasnt played anyone good so far, so thats why she is winning and he is losing.
Russia wont beat SCG simply coz of the fact that Ana has beaten Kuzzy b4 and she can do it in the great form she's in now.
Nole is a better player then Janko and Nenad BUT Nenad is a doubles specialist - Slam winner - top 10 in doubles he would have killed Raymond and Dent in the doubles - btw, he also beat Agassi in the singles.

Both of Anas opponents were high quality aiight.
Raymond's been top 50 for the past 7/8 yrs right?
and Arvidsson's reached a final, SF and three QF's last yr so she's OK.
And I'm sure she'll bt Kuzzy.

But I just hope Kuzzy can bt Raymond and win the mixed also.
ivanovic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome