Tennis Forum banner

FWTT 2014 Rankings Thread (Paris)

13K views 248 replies 23 participants last post by  VSFan1 aka Joshua L. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey,

This is going to be an official 2014 FWTT rankings thread. I will update it later when WTA posts their official 2014 rules but here's what's new: we'll be switching to WTA new points distribution, but we will be doing it in one big hop(not gradually like WTA). I will post new rankings before the first week and they will be used for entries and seedings(these will not be the year-ending rankings, though).

All rankings: Click
Singles 52-week rankings
Singles race rankings
Doubles 52-week rankings
Doubles race rankings

#227 ·
Thank you so much Dean :kiss:

I think we talked about it a couple of months ago before. Jennifer only won 1 match at the YEC in 2013, so I guess she won't fully defend those 370 points ;) But I think you said that it was just a typing error and those 370 points weren't fully included in Jen's ranking.

#228 ·
Is this according to the WTA points distribution?
Because if it is, I am pretty certain that Xhaka will be ranked #2 after the YEC :eek:

#229 ·
Rankings after Week 43: Year End Championship added.

http://jmp.sh/L4jK4S7

Congrats to Xhaka :) (Oh, and marteena #7 year end YAY!)

**The doubles rankings aren't ready to be published yet as the program still has the old point system in it for doubles, and I don't know how to modify it for a round robin system like the singles was. I need to get adner to sort it out. Hopefully won't take long. sorry for the inconvenience.

#230 ·
Thanks and Congrats Marteena ;)

Congrats Regla for YE #1 :)

Congrats Xhaka for your career high at #2 ;)

Fleri is happy and over the moon at YE at #4 Up 5 places from 2013 YE at #9 :bounce:

Ruffy (#3) and Jen (#6) are the only player whose stay at the same position as 2013 YE ranking :)

Congrats also to all YE Top 10 players :kiss:

#236 ·
Dean :worship:

Elise finishes in the top 5, quite surprising having won only 2 titles. :unsure:

#239 ·
Hi guys, so sorry but I have been swamped at work these past two weeks. I recently got a promotion and am trying to fix a lot of issues which were left behind by my predecessors.....so unfortunately the rankings have been pushed down my list.

I can't continue to update rankings until Adam fixes the program to accommodate for the different doubles system we had at the YEC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to modify the program (only the use it)....I will PM him and see if he can get onto it.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

#241 ·
Shocked that Alina is only #35 after not playing for most of the year. :eek: Thinking about recommitting regularly next season.

#243 ·
Hey, thought I should let everyone know ill be away over the new year period for a few weeks so may not be able to do the first few weeks of rankings. I'm happy to keep doing them next year but can't do the first couple of weeks. If it's not too big a deal I can catch up mid January.

Sorry guys but looking forward to 2015 for marteena :)

#245 ·
Hi guys, am still on holidays but will be home in a couple of days, so hopefully can get the rankings updated with the Brisbane results soon :) I haven't heard back from adner about how to change the doubles points from the YEC so am still working on that.

But hopefully will have it all up and running before the AO so we can have the proper seedings etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.