Tennis Forum banner

Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

257K views 5K replies 120 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 ·
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this promising Romanian, so I made one. Here it is:
Date of Birth: 26/08/1990
Birthplace: Bucharest, Romania
Residence: Bucharest, Romania
Current Singles Rank: 228(Career-High)
Current Doubles Rank: 358(Career-High)

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
#3,975 ·
Irina :yeah:

Into the third round here for the first time!

Now plays Sharapova, who she's 0-1 against, but that was on clay, arguably Maria's best surface. Still Maria is the heavy favorite. However, still will be rooting for Irina!

#3,979 ·
Hope Irina won't let herself get intimidated by that long limbed stork. She'll need to serve well too, it's important to hold your serve and try to stay close... if she goes down a break early in sets, it's really hard to recover.

Anyway I'm not focused on the result, just want her to play the best she can :cheer:

Little article from today: http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/tenis/co...acesta-ma-simt-foarte-foarte-bine-453082.html

#3,980 ·
Yeah it might seem a bit far-fetched to imagine she could win this, but stranger things have happened, and this is Wimbledon after all.
In the third quarter, all were projecting a Halep-Kuznetsova R3 and we have a Moni- Kr. Pliskova instead, so why not.
Irina needs to belive she can do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.