Tennis Forum banner

What do you wear when you play tennis?

35K views 80 replies 72 participants last post by  Sam L 
#1 ·
Not sure which forum does this belong to? But I realize we talk a lot about what the player wears when they play, but what about us? What about the people who are the market of all these tennis ad campaign? I'm interested to see what everyone wear when they play? Do you wear just whatever t-shirts, or do you have your favorite shirt or shorts and for the ladies, do you have a lucky tank or lucky dress that makes you feel special when you're on the court?

If you don't mind, take a picture and post it up here and share. My favorite so far is an ombre zip up jacket I got from urbanoutfitter. I'm not quite traditional when it comes to attire, but this is quite sporty but stylish at the same time.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am a Nike man through and through. :bounce:

#6 ·
I wear shorts.. as long as their mesh and comfortable but I usually go with Adidas.
For a shirt, my favorite is an Under Armour shirt I have from my school. I sweat a lot and get tired fast so anything that keeps me as cool as possible is good.

#8 ·
Dry-fit Shorts and then Depending on what kind of workout I'm looking for....Either a lightweight dry fit shirt of a heavy one....... Nike's the best. though they have a basic dry-fit shirt that pretty much feels like you arent wearing anything for 15 bucks.....

I like to play and play better in just normal t-shirts, but i sweat too much and I have no desire to be that tool changing shirts every 4 games...

one armband to wipe the sweat from my forehead before serve...

#68 ·
No decent and morally upright woman in their right mind would wear something like the ones Maria, Serena or her sister wear.
Quite. I favour a traditional cotton gown with lightweight hoop bustle, ankle-length skirt and wide brimmed hat. On wretched sultry summer evenings I find I can switch from hat to bandeaux without receiving the sanctimony you justly serve on Serena and her sister. Still, if truth be told I feel palpably sequestered in the male changing room.

#12 ·
I usually wear old t-shirts and basketball shorts.

I tried getting into dry fit shirts that is made for tennis, but I find that when you start sweating the smell becomes pretty potent. Not sure why, but in any case I avoid wearing them. :p

#56 ·
NIKE from top to bottom, but I am a proud owner of Prince jogging bottoms that I wear if it is freezing cold with my big fat Nike comfy hoodie! (It has been stupidly cold in UK and our tennis hall does not have a heating) I actually considered wearing a glove on the hand not holding tennis racket, but that was playing havoc with my ball toss...

#13 ·
NIKE from top to bottom, but I am a proud owner of Prince jogging bottoms that I wear if it is freezing cold with my big fat Nike comfy hoodie! (It has been stupidly cold in UK and our tennis hall does not have a heating) I actually considered wearing a glove on the hand not holding tennis racket, but that was playing havoc with my ball toss...

Nike Zoom trainers, same as Maria wears. They are fab lightweight and fit like a glove on my ridiculously narrow foot. They were hard to find and now I can not find another pair anywhere

#15 ·
I come from a super conservative society and my dreams of being a professional tennis player are pretty much zilch or laughed at. I play against my wall at home alot and i taught myself to play tennis. I am expected to become a lawyer or doctor or something but being a professional athlete is unheard of.

#22 ·
as a fellow singaporean, what nonsense are you sprouting? you make singapore sound like the middle east. and lotsa ppl take tennis lessons, maybe since you had none that's why people laugh at your dreams

#17 ·
I wear a light blue/dark blue Adidas top, shorts from Loughborough University which belonged to my brother and blue and white Adidas shoes. Sometimes I'll wear a black jumper or black trousers or both on top of that. If I don't wear that, I wear a white shirt with red Nike shorts.

#18 ·
I'm a Nike boy through and through. I love my Nadal/Federer style clothes.

#25 ·
Whatever's clean. Mostly t-shirts and old shorts. When it comes to labels, I'm more likely to spend the money on my son. He used to wear Reebok, but since they killed their tennis line he wears more Nike stuff now. We are lucky enough to live near a Nike outlet. On the other hand, he's growing. Every tournament it seems we're popping into said outlet for a new shirt, sweats, shoes, something.

My stuff comes from the House of Tarjay.

#28 ·
Thrift Store Clothes. I get meshlike tops for 1.99 (sleeveless and sleeves)and mesh Reebok shorts for 3.99. Most of the clothes have no logos though. I'm cheap, but you couldn't tell if you were playing me. ;)

#33 ·
this is hot :D

i love wearing short shorts when i play ;)

and i also had this one shirt once and i cut it so it opened completely on the side lol, it was hot ;)

#30 ·
i play tennis. you can get a tennis skirt from nike or lululemon athletica. they are cool because they have the little pocket underneath the skirt where you can keep an extra ball. and of course there are built in shorts underneath.

or you could just wear regular running shorts or something. it's good to have a pocket though so that you can always have an extra ball with you. have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.