- View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2
View Single Post
post #4010 of (permalink) Old May 7th, 2014, 09:22 PM
country flag mido1988
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Princess writes again

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello again everyone

My match against Lara Arruabarrena this morning was a tough one. I had played her once before on hardcourts and won a little bit easier, but here she was playing amazing. And the court was slower today - Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario court is drier and faster, but Manolo Santana court was a little bit slower - but you always have to adapt quickly because that's just the situation you're given.

But Lara played very well. She's a good player on clay because she has Spanish style - the forehand with a lot of topspin. But I just wanted to stay focused for every point and fight for every point, and that's what I did really well in the end. I was very happy I won in two sets and didn't go to three!

Another thing I was really happy with was my serve. I had nine aces today - I was surprised too! I served well in the first round too, but today was even better, especially in the important moments. It was the best thing for me in the match, I think. I've been working hard on my serve for a while now and I think it's improving a lot. Right now, it's probably the most important shot for me...

There were some important people in the crowd today, too. Virginia Ruzici was there - actually she always comes to see me because she's my manager! But Mr. Tiriac was also there, and when he comes I'm very afraid!! I think that's why I didn't start so quickly today. But it's important seeing him there watching me. I've learned so much from him and he always helps me. I have a lot of respect for him.

I'm just happy I could stay focused on my tennis and win the match today

Oh and how could I forget, my day off yesterday... it wasn't a full day off, I did practice once during the day, but I did a lot of relaxing back at the hotel, and I also went shopping for a bit...

I bought two pairs of high heel shoes

Now I'll probably go eat, then go relax at the hotel, maybe another practice session in the evening... I'm playing the winner of a night match today so I think tomorrow I'll be playing in the evening.

To me it doesn't matter who I play in the next match because both players are tough. Sabine is a great player, but it might be even more difficult to play against Begu because she's a Romanian girl. If it's her we just have to enjoy it - we'll both be playing for Romania and one will be in the quarterfinals.

I just have to stay focused, try to play my best and stay aggressive.

I like this tournament a lot. It feels like home here. The people, the food, the city - everything is just really nice here. I hope to keep enjoying myself and I'm happy you're all reading along with me!

Have a good night

Simna Halep
.... keep believing
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome