Tennis Forum banner

Oeiras QR1: Bacsinszky def. [4]Fichman 6-4, 5-7, 7-6(8)

1K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Beat 
#1 ·
What a mess :sobbing:

Timea was up 6-4, 5-1* then choked to 6-4, 5-7, *0-3 15-40 and then ended up serving for the match at *6-5 to get broken after having 2 MPs. Then in the TB saves 3 MPs and takes it on her 3rd MP at 10-8

:hysteric:

#8 ·
:hysteric:

WD Timea, anyway

#15 ·
So, I was there... and it was even more epic than the scoreline says.

1st set was really good, the best I've seen from all the matches of QR1.

Timea was cleaning the lines and Sharon was mixing things up. The break in the 3rd game would decide it. Timea saved 2 BPs serving for the set with great serves.

2nd set started with Sharon more aggressive. She went 1-0 and BPs up but Timea was able to raise the game again and the match seemed to be under control. Serving at 5-2 she started missing everything or just playing really short. In a blink, Sharon won the 2nd set 7-5.

I left, thinking that it would be it. Later I checked my phone and saw that Sharon was 5-3 up but with BP down. I came back to the court, finding Timea playing better tennis again and Sharon playing always shortly. Serving for the match, Timea had 2 MPs but made UEs in both of them. Sharon also failed an easy volley on BP but was able to take this to a TB with another Timea UE.

In the TB, Sharon led *6-5. MP #1 - with a 10+ shots point, Timea put a BH on the baseline and Sharon made a forced UE. In the exchange of sides, Timea looked to her coach, smiling, and said "Relax, Max". I ROFLed. He looked pissed :devil:

Sharon MP #2 - Timea serves wide into the line, Sharon makes a lob and Timea ends it with a dropshot.

Sharon MP #3 - Timea returns the served with a FH in the line, Sharon makes a lob and Timea closes with a dropshot.

The last point ended with a smash from Timea.

Truly epic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.