Tennis Forum banner

*~Ukrainian Girls Cheering Thread~*

26K views 411 replies 48 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
2004 ... Australian Open
Tatiana and Julia got MD without qualies .. and though 5 of our Ukrainians tried to qualify the only one who did was Yuliana

In doubles Tatiana,Yuliana,Julia,and Elena all will play, none on the same team :sad:

#2 ·
Sort of a dead thread, so I'll revive it with this great pic of Tatiana Perebenis during her win over Jelena Dokic at thr French Open:

PARIS - MAY 24: Tatiana Perebiynis of the Ukraine celebrates after winning her first round match against Jelena Dokic of Serbia and Montenegro during Day One of the 2004 French Open Tennis Championship at Roland Garros on May 24, 2004 in Paris, France. (Photo by Clive Mason/Getty Images)

Attachments

#3 ·
PEREBIYNIS OF UKRAINE RETURNS BALL DURING FIRST ROUND OF THE FRENCH TENNIS OPEN IN PARIS
Tatiana Perebiynis of Ukraine returns the ball during her match against Jelena Dokic of Serbia-Montenegro in the first round of the French Open tennis tournament at Roland Garros stadium in Paris, May 24, 2004. Perebiynis defeated Dokic 6-4 6-1. REUTERS/Michael Leckel

PEREBIYNIS OF UKRAINE RETURNS THE BALL TO DOKIC OF SERBIA-MONTENEGRO DURING THE FIRST ROUND OF THE FRENCH TENNIS OPEN IN PARIS
Tatiana Perebiynis of Ukraine returns the ball during her match against Jelena Dokic of Serbia-Montenegro in the first round of the French Open tennis tournamnet at Roland Garros stadium in Paris, May 24, 2004.Perebiynis defeated Dokic 6-4 6-1. REUTERS/Michael Leckel

#5 ·
Just found the thread :eek:, thanks for the bumps ;)

I reckon Tati will raise her rank up to 86 or 87 (I'm not an expert, though) with 418.5 points, but having quite a few to defend next week in Birmingham. :)

#6 · (Edited)
I had the great pleasure to have an off court photo sesssion with Tatiana during the GERMAN OPEN in Berlin (in fact, this was some minutes before leaving the hotel for the players' party):

http://www.tatiana-perebiynis.com/

#8 ·
DiNaPic said:
I had the great pleasure to have an off court photo sesssion with Tatiana during the GERMAN OPEN in Berlin (in fact, this was some minutes before leaving the hotel for the players' party):

http://www.tatiana-perebiynis.com/
Thank you. Thank you very much :worship: :worship:

#9 ·
At Wimbledon...
Tati Perebiynis faces in the first round Christina Wheeler (who was born in Ukraine as well, curious)...
Julia Vakulenko takes on Jennifer Hopkins (USA)...
And Yulia Beygelzimer plays against Maria Sharapova after having quailified (having beaten Nakamura, Sfar, and Ant.Serra Zanetti)
:)

#14 ·
Nice :hearts:

#15 ·
I had seen that site before, Ayla. It's great! :D

Tatiana was tricked on the draw to US Open.. it seemed easy but Haynes was better than expected. The match was very close, we're still proud of you Tati! GO TATI!!

Yulia Vakulenko did well on making 2nd round then taking a set against Mauresmo! :)

I don't know about Fedak.. she played I think, but I didn't follow it.

#16 ·
This Week :)
Moscow (Tier 1)
Yuliana Fedak lost in the 1st round of qualies
Tatiana Perebiynis lost in the 1st round of qualies
Alyona Bondarenko reached the 3rd round of qualies
Olha Lazarchuk lost in the 1st round of qualies

Tashkent
Yulia Beygelzimer lost in 2nd round
Katerina Bondarenko qualifed but lost in the 1st round
Olena Antypina lost in 1st round of qualies
Olga Savchuk was a luck loser and reached the quarter finals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.