ESPN airtimes for Saturday.. SEM-FINALS...clash of the D I V A S :) - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On Vacation...
Posts: 6,222
                     
Talking ESPN airtimes for Saturday.. SEM-FINALS...clash of the D I V A S :)

SEM FINAL #1 -- 2pm-4 pm -- ESPN eastern time

SEMI FINAL #2 -- 11am - 1pm -- ESPN2 eastern time

No to sure what time the Frazier VS williams ( if venus wins tonight) match will be on.
I am hoping for the night match.
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
 
alwayshingis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 13,035
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraziersFan
SEM FINAL #1 -- 2pm-4 pm -- ESPN eastern time

SEMI FINAL #2 -- 11am - 1pm -- ESPN2 eastern time

No to sure what time the Frazier VS williams ( if venus wins tonight) match will be on.
I am hoping for the night match.
That should be "Semi-final #2" -- 11 pm - 1 am -- ESPN2 Eastern Time" right?
alwayshingis is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Babolatpro880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,717
                     
Yeah. It is eastern time. And when I watched the men's quarter yesterday they said the first one is 'featuring Davenport' even though she hadn't won her match yet... They underestimated Washington and she almost won the match.
Babolatpro880 is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Babolatpro880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,717
                     
Nope. According to the order of play, Williams/Frazier starts at 11:00 California time, which is 2:00 eastern, which is the first semifinal. Then it says that the Davneport/Vento-Kabchi match starts at 7:30, which is 10:30 eastern, though the coverage starts at 11:00. Which is stupid. They should've just waited another 30 minutes.
Babolatpro880 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
urklerlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 975
                     
The Davenport/Vento-Kabachi semi doesn't start until 8pm PST tonight. ESPN really screwed up the schedule b/c it will be on TV. Usually the first semi starts not until 1pm, then the evening session w/ the second semi starts at 7:30pm.

"The fifth set has nothing to do with tennis, it is all about heart." --Boris Becker

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On Vacation...
Posts: 6,222
                     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpro880
Nope. According to the order of play, Williams/Frazier starts at 11:00 California time, which is 2:00 eastern, which is the first semifinal. Then it says that the Davneport/Vento-Kabchi match starts at 7:30, which is 10:30 eastern, though the coverage starts at 11:00. Which is stupid. They should've just waited another 30 minutes.
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Babolatpro880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8,717
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay
The Davenport/Vento-Kabachi semi doesn't start until 8pm PST tonight. ESPN really screwed up the schedule b/c it will be on TV. Usually the first semi starts not until 1pm, then the evening session w/ the second semi starts at 7:30pm.
That's why I was confused. Cause according to wtatour.com, the second semi started at 7:30 California time.
Babolatpro880 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome