Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Ask the board" thread! Vol 1 ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

283K views 5K replies 155 participants last post by  AdeyC 
#1 · (Edited)
"Ask the board" thread! Vol 1 ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

In this thread you can ask the board whatever you want, of course, Tennis Tipping related.

Current TT Board Members are:

Frederik
valac222
Igorche
AdeyC
Michael!

In case of emergencies/pick sending problems use the below e-mail address:

tennistipping@hotmail.com

#2 ·
Re: "Ask the board" thread!

Last year, it was agreed that the MD Singles R1 of all 32 draw WTA tournaments would start on Monday with MD Doubles R1 starting on Tuesday. Pattaya this week seems to be starting as per the old schedule (one day later). Is it possible for the board to provide information to help the managers with regards to the correct TT scheduling of the various tournaments?

#5 ·

Ok, here is my problem, I will leave on Saturday for holidays for a week. I will return on the 19th in the evening. I guess in that case I can't play qualy in any tournament and at this moment it is not possible for me to guess whether Doha will be too full to reach the MD. Next to that I would hope that my doubles partner can also play singles in the tournaments we are playing. So here is my question:
Can I, only for this week, give my doubles partner Inger67, the power to commit me in the tournament that seems right to him? I will play where he commits me!

Just let me know if this is possible or that I have to post my commitment myself?

#6 ·

Well, with your ranking of #50 you don't have any chance to get into MD for Doha. Cut-offts for Premiers with 32 MD's are always below #40 ;)

#8 ·

if you lose in qr1, is there any chance for you to enter md (assuming that there are 4+ extra spots in md)? thanks!
yes, if there are enough LL spots you can enter MD ;)

#10 ·

Can I ask you something here or in the Rules thread?:unsure:
Because we have this case:

Doubles Diffs

(1)* mladen * / igralec33 (CRO/SLO) - Daszmarelli / wtatourfan (BRA/BRA)
Ferguson vs. Savinykh
SR´s: Erakovic 2-1, Falconi 2-0 +2 vs. Erakovic 2-0, Falconi 2-1 +2

Savinykh def. Ferguson 3-6, 2-2 ret.
Brengle def. Falconi 6-2, 5-2 ret.
Erakovic already LOST first set

Savinykh match isn´t counted :)cuckoo:) and Erakovic lost first set so all is tied here, no one can win on SR...but there is a question if Brengle - Falconi match is counted for incorrect 2-1 rule or not? Because this match is counted for TT, Brengle was leading a set...both picked incorrect winner...still everything OK...but the problem is that Falconi retired...and if this is counted then Brazilains won...if it´s not counted than igralec and mladen won

#11 ·

Can I ask you something here or in the Rules thread?:unsure:
Because we have this case:

Doubles Diffs

(1)* mladen * / igralec33 (CRO/SLO) - Daszmarelli / wtatourfan (BRA/BRA)
Ferguson vs. Savinykh
SR´s: Erakovic 2-1, Falconi 2-0 +2 vs. Erakovic 2-0, Falconi 2-1 +2

Savinykh def. Ferguson 3-6, 2-2 ret.
Brengle def. Falconi 6-2, 5-2 ret.
Erakovic already LOST first set

Savinykh match isn´t counted :)cuckoo:) and Erakovic lost first set so all is tied here, no one can win on SR...but there is a question if Brengle - Falconi match is counted for incorrect 2-1 rule or not? Because this match is counted for TT, Brengle was leading a set...both picked incorrect winner...still everything OK...but the problem is that Falconi retired...and if this is counted then Brazilains won...if it´s not counted than igralec and mladen won
where there is a retirement in a match, the match does not count for SR purposes, which means that the 2-1 incorrect pick rule does NOT apply to Brengle v Falconi.

#15 ·

A player who is a late entry, is not in Q draw and even didn´t send for Q round but send for MD, can he play if there are free places in MD although he didn´t send for Q?
Yes, he can play.

#16 · (Edited)

I have a question to the TT Board regarding TT Roland Garros:-

You may have seen on the TT RG thread (post #10) that Gert and myself have proposed a different method to construct the singles main draw by allowing the TT players to pick a WTA Main Draw player whose position in the 'real' RG Singles Main Draw will determine their actual position in the TT Singles Main Draw.

This approach has successfully been used a couple of times for TT Grand Slam tournaments run over on MTF, but they have the advantage that their final singles commitment deadline is usually one full week before the start of the main singles draw. I expect the Live RG Singles Main Draw to be conducted around noon on Friday 20th May, so to give all the main draw TT players enough time to chose their player, we would need close the singles entry list say 48 hours before the Live RG draw (e.g. Wednesday 18th May, Noon CET).

This singles commitment deadline would certainly be earlier than for previous TT GS tournaments on TF, so there is a likelihood that some players will forget to commit early and will complain about the earlier than normal singles deadline.

The question is - Is the TT Board happy for us to set this early singles commitment deadline for RG or should we just scrap the idea and resort to a normal random.org draw?

Thanks
Shaun :wavey:

Edit - If the board are happy to approve the early commitment deadline, then I will be more than happy to send a pm to all current ranked TT players within the next 24 hours, informing them that there will be an earlier than normal singles entry deadline for RG (plus the reason behind it).

#21 ·

I have no issues doing this way that draw as Sahun suggested. I think it's nice for a change as then the manager does not get blamed for giving the player a really bad draw :p

#22 ·

i saw this thread last night but didn't have time to reply and i was worried about seeming like a killjoy anyway if i were to disagree with it.

however, if you are ok with PMing every ranked TT player then i don't see how anybody could complain at all. as far as i'm concerned, go for it.

#23 ·

Yeah, I also think no one should complain if they get a PM.

As we have way more players than last year, we'll need 2 rounds of qualifying and therefor play should start on Friday anyway.

#24 ·

Yeah, I also think no one should complain if they get a PM.

As we have way more players than last year, we'll need 2 rounds of qualifying and therefor play should start on Friday anyway.
There is always an uncertainty regarding how many players we will get for TT RG but based on this years TT AO, we would expect to have two Qualy Rounds. I think that the womens qualifying matches at RG will be on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (18th to 20th May), so we will probably need to use the Thursday and Friday matches for TT Qualifying.

It seem from the above responses that the TT Board members seem happy for me to send a pm to all the current ranked players to let them know the singles deadline date, so I will do this tonight (including those who have already committed). I will also remind them about the opportunity to pick a WTA player if they make it into the TT main singles draw.

Thanks to the board members for your prompt responses.

#27 ·

so I have few question about player withdrawals.

can people withdrew after they send picks as alts but didn't get in?

what if they sign up for a different tournament, must they write "I'm out"?

mladen committed to Brescia after the deadline in Brussels was closed and didn't inform me that he is out...

Djezonfly sent his picks as ALT and when he saw that he did not in he withdrew

I mean they knew that they are on the alternates list.

there seriously should be a deadline for withdraws...

#28 ·

so I have few question about player withdrawals.

can people withdrew after they send picks as alts but didn't get in?

what if they sign up for a different tournament, must they write "I'm out"?

mladen committed to Brescia after the deadline in Brussels was closed and didn't inform me that he is out...

Djezonfly sent his picks as ALT and when he saw that he did not in he withdrew

I mean they knew that they are on the alternates list.

there seriously should be a deadline for withdraws...
ALT's have always had the right to withdraw from any tournament if they don't get in. Even if they send picks as ALT and don't get accepted. This is how it's always been :shrug:

#30 ·

I don't think players should be allowed to commit to every tournament in the week without ever withdrawing.
Managers have enough work anyway, they shouldn't be the ones checking if some players are also in the draws of other tournaments.
It has happened few times already...

#42 ·

I don't think players should be allowed to commit to every tournament in the week without ever withdrawing.
Managers have enough work anyway, they shouldn't be the ones checking if some players are also in the draws of other tournaments.
It has happened few times already...
true, managers do have a lot of work managing. I should know, done quite enough recently:p

I still don't see an issue with lower ranked players. No player has any obligations towards a tournament if they are ALT's.

so Joe and Gert in you opinion tennisfan06 did nothing wrong when he committed to Brussels, Strasbourg and Brescia?

so basically low ranked players can commit to every wta tournament?

they will be alt3 in tournament A and ALT2 in tournament b, will send for both and will have a big chance to get in...

in my opinion we should close the Els on Thursday and give the players a 24h deadline to withdraw...
Yes they can, presuming in their first 2 tournaments they are ALT.
question 1:

Are players that lose in the 1st week (or the Q) of a 2-week tournament (e.g. French Open) allowed to play another tournament in the 2nd week of that 2-week tournament?

question 2:

Is it too early to open the thread 8-10 days before the tournament starts?^^

The sooner, the better I say :p
Of course they can, otherwise we wouldn´t have any people on them:p

No it´s not, it´s actually a very good time to open it:lol: But 8 that´s Sunday right?
You could open it in Sunday evening or Monday, if you will open it earlier it would be a bit unfair to the other tournament IMO because I can see most of people will join yours when there would be a big difference between opening date of both of them;)
nobodt really cares about that :p

I usually open my boards 2 weeks in advance to give people time to sign up :shrug: Everyone knows that players are very lazy signing up and usually committs on the last minute.

#31 ·

To be honest, I think there should be more strict rules for the commitment to other tournaments. It is really easy to commit to all tournaments and than in the end forget to withdraw in all the other tournaments. I have to say I used it once and almost forgot to withdraw. In this way it is also really hard to see in which tournament you can enter, as the lower ranked tournament will be filled just before the deadline, because people change tournaments!

Most players in ALT's doing it like that. Otherwise we would barely have ALT's sending, as they would prefer to pull out to make sure they can play this week.
And actually this is a strange sentence, as I think it is wrong. You don't have to have Alts sending, it should be there own risk when they send! Or maybe only the first two or three, so to keep managers from checking all kinds of Alt messages!

#32 ·

so Joe and Gert in you opinion tennisfan06 did nothing wrong when he committed to Brussels, Strasbourg and Brescia?

so basically low ranked players can commit to every wta tournament?

they will be alt3 in tournament A and ALT2 in tournament b, will send for both and will have a big chance to get in...

in my opinion we should close the Els on Thursday and give the players a 24h deadline to withdraw...

#36 ·

You didn't talk about him before. :confused: But thats obviously not the way he should do it.

#33 · (Edited)

I think when ALTs send and they didn´t make the draw they should be allowed to play elsewhere.

The problem is that it would kill challengers if we would not let players which didn´t make the draw to play them. I understand that they want to play WTA tournaments and if they didn´t make the draw they are simply going to challengers, nothing wrong with this, you never know how the cut off in WTA will be so why not try to play it? We have already rule that if player is in the draw and doesn´t send, he can´t play other tournaments. That´s enough. Rule about who send but doesn´t make the draw can´t play too would be too much IMO. It´s a game I think there is no need to be that strict. I would agree with Tomek´s idea that we could close the EL in Thursday but still...the players doesn´t know how many LLs will make the draw...1, 5 or 0? Challengers need such players then and I think it´s not wrong to choose a WTA and then goes to challenger if they didn´t make it, because it´s just a game.

Example - There is 10+10 ALTs in both WTA tournaments and challenger don´t have enough players to run. All 20 will send for LL and then they won´t be allowed to play elsewhere and challenger will be cancelled...I think we shouldn´t be that strict just becuase some people with lower ranking try to play WTA.

#34 ·

I think when ALTs send and they didn´t make the draw they should be allowed to play elsewhere.

The problem is that it would kill challengers if we would not let players which didn´t make the draw to play them. I understand that they want to play WTA tournaments and if they didn´t make the draw they are simply going to challengers, nothing wrong with this, you never know how the cut off in WTA will be so why not try to play it? We have already rule that if player is in the draw and doesn´t send, he can´t play other tournaments. That´s enough. Rule about who send but doesn´t make the draw can´t play too would be too much IMO. It´s a game I think there is no need to be that strict. I would agree with Tomek´s idea that we could close the EL in Thursday but still...the players doesn´t know how many LLs will make the draw...1, 5 or 0? Challengers need such players then and I think it´s not wrong to choose a WTA and then goes to challenger if they didn´t make it, because it´s just a game.

Example - There is 10+10 ALTs in both WTA tournaments and challenger don´t have enough players to run. All 20 will send for LL and then they won´t be allowed to play elsewhere and challenger will be cancelled...I think we shouldn´t be that strict just becuase some people with lower ranking try to play WTA.
But because of these rules, we have so few players in challengers. If we would change the rule, less people would stay for LL position. Now there are 20 peoples staying there, and on the last day the challenger is filled up. It is not wrong when only 2 LL will send, while the other 18 will move to the challenger. But we should give them a reason not to send to each big tournament.

#35 ·

^^
There's no (shouldn't be) problem with challengers and wta tournaments, deadline to commit for challengers is anyway after alternate players see if they got in qualies of wta tournament or not.
So it shouldn't be problem for them to withdraw from challenger when they get in qualies. Well for some it is problem, as it happend few times. Manager doesn't have time to check if all players commited to his tournament are in draws of other tournaments.
Happened few times already, it's clearly player's fault for causing confusion. :p
:lol:

#37 ·

Question 1:
are players in the draw allowed to withdraw from the tournament and then go on to play another tournament? coz Buitenzorg withdrew from strasbourg while he was scheduled to play doubles qualies today.

Question 2:
Buitenzorg never sent for the tournament, so should i replace their team with an alt or should i just let their opponent win. and what if i have another team who didnt send, should i replace them with an alt instead of Buitenzorg's team (1 alternate scenario)

p.s: this scenario should've happen if only the alt sent, but they didnt. this question is more of a future reference:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.