Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

328K views 6K replies 110 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the Simona Halep cheering thread :wavey:

#4,260 ·
Feeling a little nervous (that's a new) I just hope Simona will win, if not, at least make Maria feel she worked very hard to take the title!
Go Simona, do your best! ;)

#4,262 ·
Congrats for reaching final. We will see what happend in Rome.

#4,288 ·
I really don't wish she moves to #4 yet. She doesn't play like a top-4. What was that game, sleeping behind the baseline pushing balls to sharapova? We already have Radwanska doing that. We don't need another ball pusher in the top-4. We want offense.

#4,267 ·
I kinda had doubts if she really could win against someone like Masha... but now i am convinced that she can beat her!!! Hope she looks back at this game and realizes Masha got nothing over her! When Simona played her game she hurt Masha bad... real bad.

Simona is a real top player now, just no reason to get frazzled when she leads other top players... hope she'll understand that!! Anyway another milestone for her and another good lesson :worship::worship::worship:

#4,270 ·
Disappointed that she was accepting the defeat without any signs of resistance or reluctance, but good week nontheless.

She will move on.

I actually favour her chances more against Maria on a Hard Court. She is playing much more agressive there while on clay she seems more prone to slip back to her old days and get into the highly defensive mode. Definitely a way to dismantle the Kvitova's and Ivanovic's out there, but against Maria the unforced errors don't flow that easily.

#4,268 ·
A little disappointing, and annoying that the resident GM Nostradamus' are all congratulating themselves at this "absolute proof" that Simona "doesn't belong" at the top of the game, but Simona will learn from this and come back stronger.

I give a lot of credit to Sharapova for playing that well, but contrary to what the "experts" claim, she didn't blow Simona away. Simona got a bit too tight and played too passive for most the last two sets, but on the points when she did play looser she was matching Maria blow for blow. She needs to learn to trust her a-game more against players like this who can consistently hit big like that. The whole approach of players like Sharapova is to force her opponents back inside their shells, and Simona obliged her too much today.

#4,273 ·
I'm actually very excited to see the way TF will evolve in the next couple of years. Simona was not convincing out there today, but she will be one of the players that is expected to form the future of this sport.

Even though the thought of a pretty poor generation coming up (on the claycourts especially) makes me optimistic, I really want Simona to beat the established top players or at least put up a fight against them.
She proved it against Radwanska and beat Li in the past already. Maria, Azarenka and Serena are the names the majority of tennis fans will compare her to and so do I.

Completely agree with the second paragraph.

#4,272 ·
Simona was lack of energy today. She was way too passive, like it was something which bothered her. But this week she showed that she belong to the top elite. She is there to stay.

Congratulations Simona for all what you had done this week and good luck in Rome and RG.

#4,285 ·
Simona was lack of energy today. She was way too passive, like it was something which bothered her.
The stupid commentators from the romanian tv channel kept insisting that Simona had some kind of abdominal pains and should skip Rome. idk but i think if it was something, then it was mental not physical. let's see what Simona says in her post-match interviews

#4,274 ·
Thanks Simona for the great fight all the week ,, :hug: you gave us more than we wanted :)
I didn't see most of the match because of exams but I'm sure that you can do great things very soon ,,
Next times when you meet her you will be more rested ( especially in slams ) ..
6 matches in a week including 3 long matches is very hard after more than a month of injuries and not playing ,,, and despite that you didn't lose badly it was close match
Keep believing and have confidence and work with your coach to improve your game ..
In IW it was the first SF in PM .. Now it's the first Final .. then ? ;)

#4,275 ·
@stromatolite & Curcubeu,

It's really a question of will she learn to transform those bouts of greatness where she dictates play into a consistent flow to last the whole match (or most of it). To beat any other player, that's all she would potentially need, bouts of greatness, but to beat Serena/Maria/Viktoria/Na, she has to maintain that level throughout.

I believe this will improve with time. Just a few months ago we thought her weak serve will always be her Achille's heel with hard hitters, but look at her now, dishing out aces and having a more than decent 1st serve %.

She does not have the power to overhit the hard hitters, so she needs to work and maintain the baseline bossing.

#4,276 ·
About Sharapova - is a great player, a true champion, but I can't like her. Why? For me those screams are an arm for disturbing the opponent and the long time taken between first and the second serve is also a cheating.

#4,278 ·
Well , great week is all that i can say. The second - third set show me what u played almost all week ( without your 1`st serve ) and still win. In the final was Sharapova, and she give nothing for free. U gotta give it to her , she really want that title , more than Simona ( for my point of view ) .

Anyway , great experience overall , will be a big + in the future and don`t worry , u will have more chances . If u did a final without playing at your best , anything is possible Simona.

Hai Simona !

#4,279 ·
First of all, dear Simona, congratulations for this great result, and keep those coming in the next years :p: :kiss:

Now, what can I say, I wasn't extremely happy after the 1 set because I knew it isn't over and Maria will give all she has...
But if Simona would've tried to attack a little more in the 2nd set, taking more risks than Maria I bet this would've been over very quick!
After Maria (which is a great champion with an impressive background) took over,erm, I was afraid for the outcoming result and sadly we know what happend!
Anyway, she is a smart girl, she will learn her lesson and I hope she will have a great result in Paris (maybe in Rome too, but I wouldn't count on that)
I have confidence in her, Go Simona ;)

#4,280 ·
Despite the loss, a great battling week for Simona. :yeah: Not anywhere near her best tennis for most of the week, but the fact she made the final despite that makes it all very encouraging. Hell, the Ana 'revenge match' was worth it alone!

That first set was great, pushing Maria all over the place, confidence sky high. However, once she got broken in the 2nd set, it seemed like she had been hit with a ton of bricks. I was surprised how quickly she lost all her confidence. Yes, Maria really stepped it up but the energy and smartness in Simona's game seemed to evaporate instantly, and as everyone says, she was then way too passive, too content to play down the middle of the court and she lost her serving asset. Credit to Maria though - much of her hitting was really ferocious and accurate. As we all expected, Simona defended really well. But, there was too much of that happening because she lost the initiative in points all too quickly.

Plus sides of the match - she took her first set off Maria (and what a set!); Maria only won 2 more games in the match so it certainly wasn't anything for Simona to be ashamed of.

On the whole, Simona seems like a smart woman so I'm confident she can learn from this.

#4,282 ·
Another thing has to be said , She had this great run without being in her best level

It was very pleasing to had this comebacks to reach the final but it wasn't Simona we know

So we shouldn't be so frustrated .. I would have been more sad if she played her best and still can't win

Now we have the hope and the confidence that if she bring her best she would be able to do miracles

We need now to see Simona who played in Nurnberg and New Haven .. who outplayed most opponents with her SMART AGGRESSive game ... I don't want to miss this Simona more than that :)

#4,283 ·
I just feel empty. Really sad.
I bet that she cry, and that brake my heart to pieces just imagine that.
I hope she will understand that to hurt the big champions u gotta have cold blood, u have nothing to lose , but when u don`t give all that u got, when u`re not trying , u have everything to lose, u`ll gonna be upset on yourself that the emotion takeover.

Come back with that confidence , don`t think about ranks, it doesn`t matter , just play tennis, u got that in u, we know what u are capable of doing on the court, show us again .

For me , really i want to think that now , she must find a new challenge , and she respond really well to challenges. When she was low in ranks she wanted to be in the top 20, and she started playing , now u are here , in top 5, u gotta find yourself a new challenge , the 4 aces. Serena - Maria - Azarenka - Na Li

If u can do it ? I believe u can , but what do i know , i`m a fan , i can believe everything from u. Make the unbelievers , see with their own eyes what u are capable of.

Hai Simona ! Fight !

#4,284 ·
In the grand scheme of things this result doesn't mean much. That is to say, if Simona really has the heart and the game of a true champion, and I believe she does, she will use this match to learn and become a better player. But the reverse is also true: is she had won today, she would still have had to work just as hard to follow that up with good performances in other tournaments this year and throughout her career.

There are such things as career-defining matches, but this wasn't ever going to be one of them. It was just another stepping stone for Simona, a learning experience, no more, no less.

#4,292 ·
Sad that Simona lost, but it takes nothing away from her performance this week. She reached a PM final playing far below her best. And she just didn't show up for the final. She came ready to play and blitzed Sharapova in the first set. She just didn't keep the hammer down in the final 2 sets. But she'll learn from this experience. Now, she knows that she can play with Maria, and finally took a set off of her. This was a tough loss, but she can use it as motivation if she plays Maria in the Rome QF.

#4,294 ·
For me .. That passive game is easier for Simona .. She feels more safe with it ,, She tends to it when lacking confidence or feeling out of form .... I don't mind having this kind of blan B .. But the thing is that it turned into a plan A in alot of matches ,, She enters matches to defend from the beginig .
Wim should fix that thing ,, he must make her more Loyal to her A plan .. ٌreduce this passive part to its minimum ...
We don't want her to become a BB who hit every ball ofcourse ,, But to make the attacking and aggression her first and essential part of game .. try to improve it and find new things when it's not working even if it is difficult for her ..

Maybe last year she wasn't under the pressure of rankings and lights she was more brave and not that worried about losing like now ,, Now she prefer to be safer ( although it's not safer for me )

I really think Wim have a big responsiblity in this regard ...

#4,295 ·
Oh, and I think that she should try to end matches with lower ranked oponents faster (Goerges style) because it's tiring for her and in the final stages will count every aspect, especially playing with such high calibre players!

#4,301 ·
I think when she started the tournament she knew that the tournament for her will stop at Serena.

This , was a bonus for her. She was caught unprepared into the final . Where did i see the same thing again. Oh , lets remember

AO - QF Cibulkova
IW - SM Radwanska

Why ? because she makes low expectation. almost baby steps for her talent. When u have that , u can push to get more. She`s just not that hungry.
She always speak about a gs ( her favorite RG ) but she wants ( expects ) that in 2-3 years to come. Maybe never will. She must get those opportunities when they come. Nothing is free , nobody will leave a spot for a "dreamer".

And from what i think , at her ambitions is her problem. She just want those thing to come with time. How many examples are in the top 30 who hoped the same ? Hmm let me think Aga ? Pome ? Woz ?. And who took the chances when it offered ? Ana ! Kvitova ! Na Li. ( Leaving those Aces out of this, they are the supreme predators )

The difference in what i think without disrespect those 2 examples , she got the tools but they got the will. She just must find an equilibrium in wanting and waiting for that thing. Well , if a door is open Simona , enter , don`t think the person in the back will push u. No, they will walk over u to get to that open door before u.

#4,296 · (Edited)
I don't know what she works on with her coach. I think she spends too much time away from him, giving him very little time.
The defensive game should be history by now. Win or lose, she should be on offense. You never see Sharapova or Serena stay back and push balls. That's not a game that wins 7 matches in a row.
That is not how she won Doha.
She's been playing that ugly tennis since, Struggling and escaping. Coach should do something about this. She's got to move forward, looking for every opportunity to shrink the court size. she's giving her opponents too much room to hit their balls safely. She never ventures up.

(drop that guy and hire me.. lol lol lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.