TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Can Serena bounce back?!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2004, 11:58 AM
country flag Venus+Serena#1fan

I dont think its that others have "gotten used to her style" or her power. She has in no way displayed that ability and power latley.
I think you need to look at a few things.

If Serena got "spanked" in a final where she played really well id be very worried. Truth is, IMO yesterday´s final was the WORST match Ive ever seen her play. She got crushed cuz she played attrociousley. Just plain terrible, and she admitted it.

Because Serena was so unhappy with herself in the press conference, It leads me to believe she will regroup in these next few tournies. The main problem is not her mobility or her serve, its her MENTALITY and its mostly affecting her ground game.

Serena looked sooo tight yesterday she never hit out on her groundstrokes, allowing Lindsay to fully dictate while she scrambled in the back, as she stated "I need to stop playing 1000 feet behind the baseline and step up to the ball".

She knows her mistakes, shes working on them but its mostly mental and match play at this point. Making finals for the time being is pretty good when youre faar below your leve.

She can only get better and she will be back.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome