1. Justine - She'll play, might be a little rusty, but should do well enough
2. Serena - Using her SSR
3. Lindsay - IMO will be ranked above Mauresmo by this time
4. Venus - Using extended SSR
5. Amelie - Ranked 4, but screwed by the SSRs
6. Myskina - Will stay put at #5 ranking
7. Petrova - Ranking will hold until RG
8. Jennifer - Possibly #9, not sure yet.
Amelie ranked 2, or I sue WTA TOUR...
1. Special rankings should not be used in GS
2. Players are penalized by others being sick. I mean Amelie could have missed a whole season with her injuries, but she did honour her engagements and play.
3. Amelie is French.
4. THIS IS CLAY, and the Williams sisters, as good as they are, should not be overseeded on clay.
5. Venus missed a huge occasion to be n°1 again: eg Aussie Open. And she had thus plenty of time to be n° 1: she does not deserve a special ranking.
Amelie Mauresmo, Marion Bartoli, Nathalie Dechy, Tatiana Golovin, Celine Beigbeder, Virginie Razzano, Emilie Loit, Stephanie Foretz, Camille Pin, Elodie LeBescond ... and the other beautiful French girls...
Yeah, I know what you mean. Its not like Venus has held up to her seed in the last three events... oh wait she went past her seeding.
Anyway, I am pretty sure Venus and Serena will get a special rank.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi
I hope so too ! And I hope Venus and Serena will meet in quarters !
If they go by the rankings, since they'll be 6th and 8th seeds, they CAN'T meet in the quarters.
Anyway...I think Knizzle's prediction will come true. Justine will obviously be the top seed, and since Amelie would be the actual 2 seed, I doubt they'll resist that. But I think they will move Serena and Venus to 3 and 4.
if they go by the rankings the reality is that amelie could be far worse off. she is going to be a top 4 seed no matter what by virtue of clijsters not playing. if venus and/or serena are not seeded in the top four there is good chance amelie would face one of them in the quarters. why would the french want that? venus and serena being seeded in the top 4 means she can't face a williams until the semis, and that's a good thing.
i personally don't believe in special rankings unless the absence is caused by an extreme event eg seles being stabbed. i think when you're professional athlete and injuries are all part of the game, and it's just something you have to deal with.
I think Lindsay will be seeded 4. I expect Justine will play and be seeded 1, quite rightly so of course. I then think they will go with Serena at 2 and Amelie at 3. If they seed Venus higher than Lindsay I will be annoyed (thats if she lays and it is doubtful I think).
I expect I am going to be disappointed over Lidnsayis seeding though.
Still My Girl (As Always) in 2015 - JJ - JELENA JANKOVIC STEFFI - A LEGEND IN HER OWN TIME ALWAYS, ALWAYS LINDSAY Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi