Vladimira Uhlirova - Page 3 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Laura and Vladka won the first round against Harkleroad/Obziler :-)
3:6 6:2 7:6 (7:4)
jelena_jankovic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Such a hard match!
Vladka and Laura had a good start 2:0, but then found themselves at 3:6 0:2! Then they found their rythm and won 8 games in a row. 3:6 6:2 2:0. Plus several breakpoints for 3:0. But they let Ashley and Tzipi back in the match. Thank good both kept their cool, when sevring against the match twice... They dominated the tie-break...
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #33 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Mars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 92
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

The next match on Saturday.

Granville L./Uhlirova V.
vs.
Chan Y-J./Chuang C-J
Mars is offline  
post #34 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
stefi62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 21,228
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Vladka also plays tomorrow (friday) in mixed doubles with Jeff Coetzee from Zimbabwe vs Mark Knowles and Zi Yan.

Cara Black - Liezel Huber - Mary Pierce

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline  
post #35 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
stefi62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 21,228
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Vladka lost in mixed doubles first round and women's doubles second round.

Cara Black - Liezel Huber - Mary Pierce

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline  
post #36 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
Vladka lost in mixed doubles first round and women's doubles second round.
She was really unlucky with draw
They played a great mixed losing in that stupid champions tie-break
But overall they even won more points
But no shame losing to the #3 seeds...

In doubles Laura and Vladka had really troubling serving against
Chan/Chuang...in the second set they had their chances...
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #37 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Alicia Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: australia
Posts: 12,730
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Vladka Nicest player in Melbourne.. was always waving to DutchieGirl and myself when she was training and always asked how we were after the session. Also after her matches she thanked us for cheering for her Good luck in 2008 Vladka

Alicia Molik Vladimira Uhlirova ~ Ana Ivanovic

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Alicia Rocks is offline  
post #38 of 580 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
stefi62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 21,228
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rocks View Post
Vladka Nicest player in Melbourne.. was always waving to DutchieGirl and myself when she was training and always asked how we were after the session. Also after her matches she thanked us for cheering for her Good luck in 2008 Vladka
Vladka

I hope she comes to Paris and Antwerp, I'm ready with the cheering!

Cara Black - Liezel Huber - Mary Pierce

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline  
post #39 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Open Gaz de France
Paris-FRA
February 4-10, 2008
$600,000

Doubles - First Round
Hrdinova/Uhlirova (CZE/CZE) vs. Bacsinszky/Vedy (SUI/FRA)

They play together for the very first time! Good luck girls!!!
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #40 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Doubles - First Round

Hrdinova/Uhlirova (CZE/CZE) d. Bacsinszky/Vedy (SUI/FRA) 63 46 1210

They led 6:3 4:2 and had breakchances!!!
In the end they had to save 3 matchpoints!!!
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #41 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Doubles - First Round
Ditty/Fedak (USA/UKR) d. (1) Black/Huber (ZIM/USA) 64 06 105

A nice chance for Vladka to get to the semis
Would be good, because she has a lot of points to defend here...
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #42 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Senior Member
 
stefi62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 21,228
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

I attended the match yesterday. Vladka and Eva started the match very well, especially Vladka. She was so good at the serve (I got surprised because of her height that she could serve that well!). They lead 5-0 I think, then won it 6-3, is it? Eva has huge grounstrokes with her forehand, and used great returns, either cross or long line, really good. Her serve did not impress me though. Then second set was good on the first part, then they started to unfocus, and lost it totally because of their own mistakes. In Super Tie Break, that was very close. At 7-8*, well, I started to think it'd be difficult. Then followed 3 match points, and the girls made the best of it. They finally got their first and only matchpoint, and scored.
When leaving the court, they looked at my friends and I and thanked us for cheering. She is aware we are Liezel Huber's supporters, but took time to look at all of us at the end, and said "Merci" in French. I saw her again later, and once again she thanked me, and so did Eva. Their team is so funny, they have one head difference in height, but Vladka at the net ready to poach and Eva at the back hitting grounstrokes seems to be a great combination! I hope they do well tomorrow, if only they could avenge Cara and Liezel...

Cara Black - Liezel Huber - Mary Pierce

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline  
post #43 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
I attended the match yesterday. Vladka and Eva started the match very well, especially Vladka. She was so good at the serve (I got surprised because of her height that she could serve that well!). They lead 5-0 I think, then won it 6-3, is it? Eva has huge grounstrokes with her forehand, and used great returns, either cross or long line, really good. Her serve did not impress me though. Then second set was good on the first part, then they started to unfocus, and lost it totally because of their own mistakes. In Super Tie Break, that was very close. At 7-8*, well, I started to think it'd be difficult. Then followed 3 match points, and the girls made the best of it. They finally got their first and only matchpoint, and scored.
When leaving the court, they looked at my friends and I and thanked us for cheering. She is aware we are Liezel Huber's supporters, but took time to look at all of us at the end, and said "Merci" in French. I saw her again later, and once again she thanked me, and so did Eva. Their team is so funny, they have one head difference in height, but Vladka at the net ready to poach and Eva at the back hitting grounstrokes seems to be a great combination! I hope they do well tomorrow, if only they could avenge Cara and Liezel...
Thanks a lot for your nice match report! Looks like they lost concentration at the end of the sets...but a win is a win
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #44 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Hrdinova/Uhlirova (CZE/CZE) d. Ditty/Fedak (USA/UKR) 46 61 105

After a tight 1st set they were in total control!
Great they were able to avenge Cara&Liezel

Now good luck in the semis!!!
jelena_jankovic is offline  
post #45 of 580 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
jelena_jankovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris
Posts: 489
                     
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

The #4 team lost and so they play Jugic-Salkic/Navratilova

Jugic-Salkic/Navratilova bt. Husarova/Medina Garrigues 6:4 4:6 14:12

Great win for Gabi!
jelena_jankovic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome