Tennis Forum banner

AO R2: Nara d. Rybarikova 6-4 6-3

2K views 37 replies 38 participants last post by  Drake1980 
#1 ·
Why, Magda, why? You should have won this one!

Did anyone see the match?

#11 ·
You said exactly what I was about to say. The only word to describe Magda's GS record is execrable:
AO - 1r 5 times, 2r once
RG - 1r twice, 2r 4 times - only slam where she has passed the first round most of the time! :tape:
Wimbledon - 1r 6 times :help:
USO - 3r twice :eek:, 2r once, 1r 3 times.

Nara has been in probably the best form of her career so beating the dodgiest seed in town is not a huge surprise, though it is very disappointing that Magda can beat Petkovic so well one day and lose to Nara the next... :rolleyes:

#14 ·
People hating on Nara obviously didn't see the match :rolleyes: I thought the same, until I actually saw it. Only her celebration was tasteless against Peng, nothing else. So, yeah. People really will believe anything. Not relevant.

Good win here :yeah:

Petkovic :tape: See, wasn't that hard.

#16 ·
People hating on Nara obviously didn't see the match :rolleyes: I thought the same, until I actually saw it. Only her celebration was tasteless against Peng, nothing else. So, yeah. People really will believe anything. Not relevant.

Good win here :yeah:

Petkovic :tape: See, wasn't that hard.
That's exactly what most people have a beef with her for. I saw the match live and was kind of turned off.

#17 ·
Kurumi :hearts:

#25 ·
Magda had 3-1 up in every set, then only managed to take 1 more game (in the first). I did not see the match, but i did see against Petkovic, and when 3-1 up in every set against Nara, you feel should not lose in straight sets. Even if Nara had 4/4 BP converted... I smell something is not right here, or??? :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.