Tennis Forum banner

Mallory Burdette

22K views 189 replies 35 participants last post by  simonsaystennis 
#1 ·
I didn't see a thread for her but I figured I would. She's on TC right now playing Marion Bartoli in the 2nd round of the Bank of the West Classic. She's currently up 4-2 and seems to have a nice game.

#3 · (Edited)
Mal has a nice run going this summer, winning 15 of 16 games since her lost to Marion Bartoli 7-5, 6-0 at Stanford and in doing so, has won two tournaments:
Women's Hospital Tennis Classic in Evansville, Indiana - $10k
10th Annual Odlum Brown Vancouver Open in British Columbia, Canada - $100k
Her goal this summer was to score enough points to get a ranking. Mal not only has established a ranking, but she's climbed all the way to #245. I believe she is also currently the highest ranking collegiate player.

#14 ·
Right. How's Stanford going to manage #1 & #2 singles this year with these two? At #2 you have to have either
-- reigning NCAA singles champ, this summer: 2 top 100 wins, 1 ITF title, 2 WTA main draw wins
-- reigning NCAA singles runner-up, this summer: 2 top 100 wins, 2 ITF titles, 3 WTA main draw wins
Only at Stanford I guess.

#16 ·
Wow that is one big match up.. I'd love to see Mal goon a big run here. An AO qualifying seed would be amazing.

#28 ·
I love when our girls surprise me... I did not think Mallory was ready for this level. Great to see her rising to the occasion and playing some great, fearless tennis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.