Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

328K views 6K replies 110 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the Simona Halep cheering thread :wavey:

#886 ·
Relax people, relax. Halep had a slow start. That's all.
She looks miserable until 1-5 in the 2nd set.
Then the real Halep showed up. And we all know, when she starts going, she is D.A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S.

I'll say Keys escaped narrowly. Didn't you see Keys getting worried, calling up her coach??? She knew she was in big trouble.

Halep was back in the match. She was playing well again. She was playing the game we all like. She had a break point for 5-All. Then, bad luck, with the ball hitting the frame. Those things happen.

I think she will be fine in AO. It took her a while to find her game. But she is here now.

Coach or no coach, I am not worried after seeing her last 3 games, from 1-5 in the second. She'll continue from there in Melbourne.

Cheer up folks. The house is not on fire.
Go Halep !!! Let's take Melbourne by storm !!!!!

By the way, did you enter your End-of-the Year top-10 in the Contest? Time is running out. You got a few hours to enter your Predictions here:
http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/pdgame/top10Collect.php?tour=WTA

Good luck. Let's go to Melbourne cheer up Halep !!!!

#900 ·
Really? We're all fans of Simona here, but let's not kid ourselves, Simona was plain awful the entire match. During those 4 games that she won in the 2nd set, Keys was just hitting one UE after the other. The stats don't lie, Simona only managed 6 winners in 17 games, 32 UE's and only held serve twice in the match, mindblowing numbers. I think there was a combination of reasons that lead to this, it was her first match of the season, she couldn't immediately adjust to the extremely fast surface in Australia or to the high temperatures there etc. But we can't use those things as excuses for her lose, she played really badly and she lost, that's it. She just needs to play a lot better at the AO, if she manages that, the result will be a deep run there.

I think CheddarChomper has a point, not only Simona's game was way off, also her on court behaviour was completely different compared to her matches from last year. To me, that just shows something was wrong with her psyche, she just wasn't in the zone. I'm pretty sure she will look much better in her next match. I like the fact she is also playing doubles here, she needs as many matches under her belt as possible before the AO.

I am surprised to see people here unware of the fact that Adrian Marcu was unable to travel anymore with Simona at tournaments, therefore he was no longer an appropriate coach for her. And, tbh, he wasn't all that great anyway, his past results as a coach were extremely unimpressive. But Simona should have hired a new coach, one with a very good CV that would help her to improve her game and her ranking even more. But still, being coachless couldn't have possibly caused such a big fall in her game.

#888 ·
Terrible, unfortunately. 61 50 at some point. I know her name starts with a "H", but it's Halep and not Houdini, and at 61 50 only Houdini could have avoided the inevitable.

Most likely we'll see a lot of matches like the one with Keys in this season. A lot of players must be aware by now that she is tough (so she must be feared), but she isn't unbreakable (and they'll try to shake her game and confidence). Simona is a great girl and lands a hand by going on court unprepared & coach-less. Hope she will come back to her senses quickly though.

#890 ·
It`s like a bad dream and I can`t wake up :help: Just kidding ! C`mon people, this is a cheering thread, not a funeral, Simona can`t forget how to play tennis in 2 months ! This was the first game after a long rest, but she`ll came back stronger than ever ! Maybe not in Australia but I bet until Paris we will see the Simona that we all love and support ! Let`s not forget that she only win one time in the last 5 years her first match after the NYE ! Peace !

#891 ·
The guy in the blue shirt is her sparring partner. She is her sparring partner since Moscow I believe. I have no idea who the guy in white shirt is though...

The problem was the game, overall. The serve needs improvement, she is not going to improve it without a coach. She needs someone good, she is the only coachless player at this level.

#902 ·
WTA - DUBLU: Sydney L.Safarova/ T.Babos def. S.Halep/ I.R.Olaru 7-5, 6-2

#903 ·
I hope, that she will bring her A game to AO, but i'm afraid that she will have a slow start of the season

#915 ·
Here's another non-Romanian glad she's not using a coach right now. Taking last season's confidence boost out on a test-run. Have not yet watched the loss to Keys, but from what U.S. media reports, Keys had to have a coach nurse her through the second set nerves that came from such an easy time she was having with Halep. It should take another few weeks to see how Halep will do on her own. My own hopes are fervent! As is my admiration.

#916 ·
I am also not Romanian :p
I've been posting in Halep's thread since 2008 or 2009 and she's always had several non-Romanian fans :)

#922 ·
^ Romania, ce sa te astepti . A facut reclama aia in care era si Federer si gata , a invatat tenis de la el :lol:

Daca era un titlu de tabloit, suna cam asa probabil : "HALUCINANT ! Federer invins de un pusti roman de 16 ani. Noua stea a Romaniei este noul urmas al campionului mondial elvetian" :lol:

#931 ·
Babos/Safarova are now in the final so maybe the doubles loss doesn't seem that bad now :lol:

#932 ·
so less than one hour before the draw ,

hopefully simona have a good draw at least in the first 1 or 2 matches and be away from players with heavy serve and shots

and players like v.williams , f.pennetta and this kind of players who can give a very high performance regardless their rank

this will be very necessary for her to get back her form and confidence and raise her performance progressively through the tournament

come on simona :hearts:

#933 ·
To much talk before the draw ^^

#934 ·
Yesterday when I looked Simona was still 7th or 8th favourite for the AO with all of the British bookmakers. With one or two, like Ladbrokes - one of the biggest, she was 6th favourite. The odds were mostly around 25-1 or 33-1.

Anyway, just get on with the draw please, my nerves can't take much more. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.