Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Petra Martic~

325K views 5K replies 145 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
She was a QFist in both the US Open and Orange Bowl Junior Championships. She seems to be a talented up and coming Croat. Hopefully she will do some big things in 2007! She starts her year in Australia with the Optus Junior ITF and the Australian Open Juniors. Good Luck Petra!

#12 ·
i'm going to hopefully watch her match(es)
the only bad thing is that i can't go all day wednesday and thursday so hopefully she will be playing while i'm there. if she does somehow win her first round match, i'll definately be at her second round match!

#22 ·
i went 0 for 8 today on player i supported and whose matches i went too
i ended up skipping class to see martic. she's awesome, but she was so nervous.
rain started falling when she was up 4-1 and she asked the ump to stop play because she was afraid of slipping. then, she ended up slipping on a line at 4-3 and they finally suspended play.
i wrote a full report in the score thread in GM
iva majoli was at the match (i got a picture with her :D). she has offered martic a wc into the 75K zagreb. petra just needs more matches, she was the better player today. she had terrible luck at 4-5 in the second with two net cords going against her and she was the victim of a bad call while jidkova was serving to stay in it in the third.

#25 ·
i saw her today. de brito injured her back in practice and pulled out. tara moore was really short, but quite heavy (i.e. fat) and hit a huge ball. she tried to play sprem-like tennis and really hit some great shots, but also made a lot of errors. martic's serve was just too much for moore to handle. petra had about 10 aces in the match and 0 double faults. the only thing she should have done more of in the second set was come to net, other than that it was a solid match. hopefully she wins tomorrow (i can't go :( )

#26 ·
tara moore was really short, but quite heavy (i.e. fat) and hit a huge ball. she tried to play sprem-like tennis and really hit some great shots, but also made a lot of errors. martic's serve was just too much for moore to handle.
Thanks for the info...

#28 ·
I was really impressed with Petra.

I saw all of her matches at the Luxilon Cup and she was great.

She just does everything really solid and her serve is so tough to break when she's serving well. :eek:

Against her first two opponents she was just clearly better than them and she really gave Hendler a spanking infront of all of Hendler's Bolleteri people. I think Petra was really focused for this match.

Against Cirstea she fought really hard coming back from 0-4 down to get it to 5-5, saving two set points at 4-*5. Cirstea served for the set against at 6-5, but Petra hit great shots to get it to a tiebreak. She played a bad tiebreak, lost the set, and just deflated in the second set.

But I was really impressed with her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.