Tennis Forum banner

» Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread »

105K views 2K replies 31 participants last post by  Grininel 
#1 · (Edited)
Talking about Mona all the time here is certainly not good for our health. :eek:

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Auf geht`s BVB ♥

This is a good thing! :bigclap:

Nice avis, Ahmed! :yeah:
Thank you, I'll make better avies later. :D Did you watch their match vs Bayern yesterday? I wasn't really that excited for the match because I knew both teams won't put their best players in play which makes sense.

I was a bit upset though because BVB could have won the match easily. :( :eek: Wasted PK. Marco also got a real chance to score a goal but he choosed to pass instead to the dumbest player in the entire team. :tape: :mad: That guy can't control a ball at all. I don't even remember his name. Awful player. :facepalm: TBH I blame Marco for passing the ball to him (he could have easily scored a goal if he didn't pass). Marco is too generous sometimes it seems. :eek:

#3 ·

So, what are you going to talk about? Anything and everything?

By the way, I know nothing about football so I can't even recognise the people in your avie and sig.

I'm aware of the all German Champions League final though, mostly due to this forum.

What anime/manga and books have you been reading/watching recently?

I've been enjoying quite a few manga, of course the usual suspects like Gintama, History's strongest disciple Kenichi. But I've been reading some less known ones, it's a lot of fun discovering them.

As far as tennis ones, I like Baby Steps. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/baby-steps-r42
It's fun, I like the main characters, it's based on real tennis ideas and isn't too fantasy-oriented like some other tennis manga.

Although over the top isn't necessarily bad, I finished reading Yakitate!! Japan recently and I really liked it. It's about people who can make bread so good it sends you to heaven (literally), or back in time. Quite a fun fantasy read.

I've been enjoying a lot of food manga of late, Shokugeki no Soma, Hell's Kitchen, Addicted to Curry, Nobunaga no Chef, things like that.

When I was a kid I used to read books voraciously but lately I tend not to.

Women's Netball season is underway here in NZ and Australia (ANZ championships), you won't have heard of that game probably but I find it very watchable, once you figure out that the game is all about interception since running with the ball is not allowed and neither is close contact with the ball-carrier. The women's basketball teams should take a cue from the netball and tennis ladies when it comes to outfits, it would make the game much more watchable imho.

#20 ·

What anime/manga and books have you been reading/watching recently?
Hi Howard. You can talk about anything here (even about Mona).:yeah:

The last anime I watched was really great. Gundam 00. One of the best animes I've ever seen if not the best one. You should really watch it. Great story.

#6 ·

Hi guys.:D I'll be back in few minutes. Stay here.

#8 ·

Oh I remembered his name. Julian Schieber. :facepalm:

#9 ·

But character-wise Reus is very different to Goetze. He had the chance to go to Bayern one year ago, but he decided to play for Dortmund although he could have earned a lot more money in Munich. He said that the main reasons for his decision were Juergen Klopp, the BVB fans and the fact that he was born in Dortmund. So he doesn't seem to be a guy who is only looking for money
I'm really glad he didn't go after money unlike most players. He made the right decision. I heard (from my brother) that Reus cried when he knew that Marios is leaving BVB. Is that true? Looks like they were very close. :awww: Poor Marco. :sad:

#19 ·

I'm really glad he didn't go after money unlike most players. He made the right decision. I heard (from my brother) that Reus cried when he knew that Marios is leaving BVB. Is that true? Looks like they were very close. :awww: Poor Marco. :sad:
I can't confirm that but i know that Reus and Goetze are close friends and i think that a part of his decision to move to Dortmund was his wish to play together with Mario. But i read that Hummels was so disappointed about the Goetze transfer that he wasn't able to sleep for a night.

It would have been better for the bundesliga if Bayern had signed Neymar instead of Goetze but they decided to take away a key player from a dangerous opponent. So it was a strategic decision by Bayern.

#13 ·

Do you have any idea about who will replace Lewandowski and Gotze? BVB will surelly buy 2 players to replace these 2. Right?

#24 ·

Do you have any idea about who will replace Lewandowski and Gotze? BVB will surelly buy 2 players to replace these 2. Right?
I heard that Kevin de Bruyne from Werder Bremen and Christian Eriksen from Ajax Amsterdam are candidates to replace Goetze. Both are very talented attacking midfielders. I don't know who will replace Lewandowski as it is still possible that he will stay in Dortmund for another year.

There have been rumors that it could be Mario Gomez from Bayern, but that turned out to be a hoax. He anyway wouldn't have been a good match for Dortmund with his style of play as he rather is a less technical skilled striker (but one of the most dangerous ones in front of the goal, i have to say).

#16 ·

I didn't think anything to be honest :lol: For me you were just Leyla. :awww:

I'm hater of football, seriously. For me it's the most boring sport ever :eek: I really don't get this fascination, but I "accept" it somehow... playing this sport on physical education so many times per week :eek: just can't stand it.

#21 ·

I didn't think anything to be honest :lol: For me you were just Leyla. :awww:

I'm hater of football, seriously. For me it's the most boring sport ever :eek: I really don't get this fascination, but I "accept" it somehow... playing this sport on physical education so many times per week :eek: just can't stand it.
I know what you mean. I only watch the matches I'm interested in. That's all. :p

#18 ·

Danish footballer Christian Eriksen says he likes BVB a lot(and would like to play there). Apparently he's leaving Ajax, but nothing is certain yet (Liverpool has been mentioned). He played a great match today when Ajax won the Dutch Championship (scoring a goal plus two or three assists, I think).

#23 ·

Danish footballer Christian Eriksen says he likes BVB a lot(and would like to play there). Apparently he's leaving Ajax, but nothing is certain yet (Liverpool has been mentioned). He played a great match today when Ajax won the Dutch Championship (scoring a goal plus two or three assists, I think).
Is he good enough to be in BVB? :p I never saw him play.

#25 ·

Looks like this hairstyle is very popular in Germany. :lol:

#26 ·

It's not hating at least :lol:

In English it is Charles, so quite popular name :p in Polish it sounds Karol (not very popular in Poland in my opinion). I prefer English one :D and now I'm thinking about change nick on "Charles" or something like that.

#30 ·

It's not hating at least :lol:

In English it is Charles, so quite popular name :p in Polish it sounds Karol (not very popular in Poland in my opinion). I prefer English one :D and now I'm thinking about change nick on "Charles" or something like that.
Nice name.:p
By the way, you were the 1st one I saw putting Mona in his avy. Was she your first fav from the beginning? or it was Bine?

#34 ·

What's new with Anna? Is she planning comeback?
:sobbing:

I won't surprised if she retires this year or next year tbh. She is still not fully healed from her back injury and she herself said she doesn't know when she will come back. :sad:

#35 ·

Heiko is a perfect name for a hero in Japanese animes.

#45 ·

I really don't get why Sabine is so hated on TF. She is such a sweet and charming player. Do they hate/dislike her just because she is an emotional player?

#48 ·

I used to like Martina and Myskina a lot in the past but I wasn't really into tennis back then. Chak was my really first fav. She is my all time fav. Mona comes 2nd. Shvedova 3rd. Pavly 4th.

These will always be my top 4. :p

#52 ·

I used to like Martina and Myskina a lot in the past but I wasn't really into tennis back then. Chak was my really first fav. She is my all time fav. Mona comes 2nd. Shvedova 3rd. Pavly 4th.

These will always be my top 4. :p
I expect that Mona growing on your lists a lot after Doha :yeah: And thought she overcome Anna a bit :oh: But you are very loyal fan it seems :)

I like Slava and Pavs too. They are really enjoyable when they're on. But in the same time they're annoy me with wasting their big talent.

#50 ·

Even my mum started cheering for Bine when she saw her playing in Wimbly last year. She cheered for her because she loved her smile. Bine's smile is extremely charming.

#58 ·

I don't know him unfortunetly.:(
It's Keith Richards, the guitarist of the Rolling Stones. I think he is the coolest guy on earth.

I somehow have a faible for old rock music. So i like bands like the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple but also bands like Pearl Jam, Velvet Revolver or Stone Temple Pilots.

#53 ·

Wow I just googled with the question is Mona BVB fan? Guess I ended up here with first reply. :lol: :D

ZoekresultatenOff Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Auf geht`s BVB - TennisForum.comwww.tennisforum.com › ... › Mona Barthel - Vertaal deze pagina
1 bericht - 1 auteur
Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Auf geht`s BVB ♥ Mona Barthel. ... Talking about Mona all the time here is certainly not good for our health.

#54 ·

Wow I just googled with the question is Mona BVB fan? Guess I ended up here with first reply. :lol: :D

ZoekresultatenOff Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Auf geht`s BVB - TennisForum.comwww.tennisforum.com › ... › Mona Barthel - Vertaal deze pagina
1 bericht - 1 auteur
Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Auf geht`s BVB ♥ Mona Barthel. ... Talking about Mona all the time here is certainly not good for our health.
:haha:

#59 ·

Anyway, I got to know Barthel (not personally, but as a player) a long time before she was known internationally because she has played club tennis in Denmark for a long time. She has been playing for a club in Århus since 2008, I think. She even played for them in 2012 when we would suppose she's been busy with her international schedule. It was also in Denmark, I think, she got her big international breakthrugh at the Copenhagen WTA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.