I will translate article from today's Večernji list, Croatia's biggest daily newspapers, about Karolina of course, I couldn't find it online though to post a link.
Author is Dražen Brajdić.
There is a picture of Karolina in front of entrance to Olympic Wimbledon centre court and one more picture of Marcos signing autographs for children.
Sorry for mistakes in grammar.
Šprem: I would love to play mixed doubles with my Marcos for Cyprus
Croatia's son in law Marcos Baghdatis is competing in London accompanied by his wife.
Karolina Šprem Baghdatis is following her husband's matches in the Olympic Wimbledon with rounded belly which gives additional strength to Cypriot tennis player by his own words.
- It means so much to me that Karolina is with me but about how long will she keep travelling with me, ask her.
So we asked her and she did not hide details.
- We are expecting a baby girl, I should give birth at the end of October.
Her name will be Zahara. I still haven't decided where it's going to happen, but I'm leaning more towards Croatia because Marcos won't be then in Cyprus anyway. I won't follow Marcos during US season, I'll be at home in Varaždin.
And where will she live when the baby grows up and her husband retires from tennis?
- At the moment we are in Cyprus. Marcos is training there, his coach is from Cyprus. During next couple of years, while he is still playing, our base will be Cyprus. When I won't be with him, then I'll be at home with my family in Croatia.
What started in Australia 2010, at tournament in Sydney, was crowned with wedding ring on July 17th in Trakošćan castle, week after Wimbledon.
When we asked her how she perceived Marcos before they have known eachother, and he was known as one of the most amusing players, Karolina said to us:
- I was never noticing him at all and I never tried to get him. It all started out from a joke, we connected from pure absurdity. Spontaneus things obviously end up better than planned ones. At the end I drew him up to my theritory, ha-ha-ha... I planned the wedding in Cyprus but then he said why wouldn't it be in Croatia. Finally we had wedding with 100 guests, 70 were mine and 30 were his.
Karolina played her last match in Estoril, in spring of 2010. She had promising career which was interrupted by injury.
- I had two operations, right elbow and left hand wrist. Because of wrist I couldn't play for a year time so I lost my WTA ranking. Then in same year 2010 I made some mistakes. Already after 3 months I came back to courts and lost my protected ranking, and in Estoril I didn't even finish match because of pain in wrist.
Next to Wimbledon courts where she played in quarterfinals in 2004 she confessed to us how much she misses tennis.
- I miss very much that competitive part of tennis. But when I watch Marcos training then not so much. However I still haven't closed that book yet.
She stopped for a moment and then told us an interesting idea.
- I would love to play mixed doubles, together with Marcos.
For Croatia or Cyprus?
- As things are for now surely Cyprus.