~Petra Martic~ - Page 336 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5026 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
ajmo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,018
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Yeh,, some of our girls just don't like social media. Petra and Mirjana should really start using twitter
ajmo! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5027 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Greco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marticland
Posts: 4,098
                     
" Ruka me jos uvijek malo muci, jos otkad sam se povrijedila u Nurnbergu.
Mislila sam pokusat odigrat Istanbul, al nema smisla igrat poluzdrava i bez treninga.
Taman sam na putu za ameriku, tamo cu imat sve potrebne tretmane za ruku, i napokon bi trebalo tu pricu privest kraju..

Plan je pocet igrat u stanfordu, pa ako upadnem, igrala bi montreal i onda us open. Bilo bi lijepo uci sta prije u formu i pocet vracat ranking, al idem dan po dan, ne zelim previse unapred gledat, puno puta me to skupo kostalo.."

Off till 25.1.2018.

Martic | Ljubicic | Dimitrov | Sharapova
Robson | Giorgi | Beck | Stephens | Cirstea
Federer | Sock |Coric | Kuznetsov | Goffin

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter


Last edited by Greco; Jul 12th, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
Greco is offline  
post #5028 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,782
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Greco strikes it with some killer info again, thanks

Translation: The arm is still bothering me a bit, ever since I injured it in Nürnberg. I thought of an attempt to play Istanbul but it makes no sense to play unhelathy and with no preparation. I'm heading off to the States where I'll receive all the necessary treatment for the injury and that should put an end to the story.

Plan is to start competing in Stanford and then (if I get in) Montreal and US Open. Would be nice to get into the form as soon as possible and start recovering the ranking, but I'll take it a day at a time without too many glances ahead - that has cost me dearly many times so far.
ma re is online now  
post #5029 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2014, 10:03 PM
took a wrong direction from a shooting star
 
Potapovushina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pervupova HQ, Moskva
Posts: 42,563
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Greco strikes it with some killer info again, thanks

Translation: The arm is still bothering me a bit, ever since I injured it in Nürnberg. I thought of an attempt to play Istanbul but it makes no sense to play unhelathy and with no preparation. I'm heading off to the States where I'll receive all the necessary treatment for the injury and that should put an end to the story.

Plan is to start competing in Stanford and then (if I get in) Montreal and US Open. Would be nice to get into the form as soon as possible and start recovering the ranking, but I'll take it a day at a time without too many glances ahead - that has cost me dearly many times so far.
Thanks for the translation, ma re.

Petra. It's sad she had to withdraw, but that's a wise decision. I wish her the speediest recovery. Her post-injury schedule is looking ambitious though...

💜 ZvonarevaA.BondarenkoFedossovaVaidisovaChakvetadzeBarthelSchmiedlovéKonjuhKasatenik 💎 Potapova ۵ Pervushina ۵ Rybakina ۵ Hatouka ۵ Tolibova ۵ Blinkova ۵ Anisimova ۵ Danilovic ۵ Koval ۵ Kostyuk ۵ Bartone ۵ Zavatska ۵ Yastremska ۵ Vismane ۵ Lansere ۵ Pepelyaeva 💜
❤️KremenGovortsovaSasnovichMAMARENKALapkoSabalenkaShytkouskayaPaulenkaAbramovich💚 ShitraPliskobotsAllertovaSmitkovaBencicKeysKovinicDodinAlexandrovaVikhlyantsevaKudermetovyLottnerGalfi
Potapovushina is offline  
post #5030 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Greco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marticland
Posts: 4,098
                     
Petra is #27 ALT in Montreal

Over 5k posts in this theard, maybe vol2 ?

Off till 25.1.2018.

Martic | Ljubicic | Dimitrov | Sharapova
Robson | Giorgi | Beck | Stephens | Cirstea
Federer | Sock |Coric | Kuznetsov | Goffin

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter

Greco is offline  
post #5031 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Greco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marticland
Posts: 4,098
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Petra's best wins in career (WTA, ITF, Fed Cup)

25.09.'12 def. P. Kvitova #5
30.05.'12 def. M. Bartoli #8
04.03.'12 def. J. Jankovic #14
10.02.'10 def. Y. Wickmayer #15
02.03.'12 def. S. Peng #19
17.08.'11 def. Y. Wickmayer #21
25.03.'10 def. A. Rezai #21
09.10.'12 def. S. Cirstea #26
01.06.'12 def. A. Medina-G #31
10.08.'13 def. U. Radwanska #36
20.02.'11 def. M. Barthel #39
15.08.'11 def. E. Vesnina #43
01.02.'12 def. I. C. Begu #45
07.07.'09 def. L. Safarova #47
09.08.'11 def. L. Hradecka #48
17.02.'11 def. P. Hercog #49
04.08.'13 def. A. Morita #52
21.06.'10 def. E. Baltacha #52
25.01.'14 def. A. Beck #54
04.02.'10 def. A. Dulgeru #54
08.06.'11 def. S. Halep #60
16.07.'13 def. A. Petkovic #61
23.09.'12 def. A. Petkovic #62
23.07.'08 def. K. Koukalova #64

Off till 25.1.2018.

Martic | Ljubicic | Dimitrov | Sharapova
Robson | Giorgi | Beck | Stephens | Cirstea
Federer | Sock |Coric | Kuznetsov | Goffin

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter


Last edited by Greco; Jul 17th, 2014 at 08:00 PM.
Greco is offline  
post #5032 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Greco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marticland
Posts: 4,098
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Singles
05.08. WTA Toronto 30 pts
12.08. WTA Cincinnati 30 pts
09.09. WTA Quebec 30 pts
22.09. WTA Ningbo 1 pts
28.09. WTA Beijing 1 pt
07.10. WTA Linz 1 pts
28.10. WTA Nanjing 22 pts
04.11. WTA Taipei 44 pts
11.11. ITF Dubai 14 pts



Doubles
05.08. WTA Toronto 1 pts
26.08. US Open 5 pts
09.09. WTA Quebec 1 pts
28.10. WTA Nanjing 85 pts
04.11. WTA Taipei 85 pts

Off till 25.1.2018.

Martic | Ljubicic | Dimitrov | Sharapova
Robson | Giorgi | Beck | Stephens | Cirstea
Federer | Sock |Coric | Kuznetsov | Goffin

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter

Greco is offline  
post #5033 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,459
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Petra is #27 ALT in Montreal

Over 5k posts in this theard, maybe vol2 ?
I don't know why Petra is even bothering with trying to enter Montreal or, if elected, Cincy, for she doesn't even qualify for qualies. Needing tourney play after Stanford qualies, why doesn't she enter New Haven prior to the USO. It's a nice venue and a week prior. It's not like she's going deep anyway.....
Rex59 is online now  
post #5034 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,782
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
I don't know why Petra is even bothering with trying to enter Montreal or, if elected, Cincy, for she doesn't even qualify for qualies. Needing tourney play after Stanford qualies, why doesn't she enter New Haven prior to the USO. It's a nice venue and a week prior. It's not like she's going deep anyway.....
She is probably going for broke - bet on all or nothing and see where it gets you. Certainly seems that way.

Wish her all the best.
ma re is online now  
post #5035 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
ajmo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,018
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

If she plays New Haeven she can't play US Open Q.
ajmo! is offline  
post #5036 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,459
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
If she plays New Haeven she can't play US Open Q.
Unless Petra is playing some obscure ITF stateside event at the time Montreal and Cincy is in play because she doesn't qualify, Petra can play New Haven qualies, and if she qualifies, which would be a feat, for she can't even put 2 matches together successfully for the most part this year, she's likely not going anywhere at best 2nd rd given the decent field that has entered New Haven. Even then she can withdraw and make USO qualies, which begins on the 19th of August, giving her plenty of time to reach NYC just by taking a cab.... She needs to get on the court to establish rhythm and timing in match play, seeing that she's been inactive for a stretch and is going to be inactive after Stanford.
Rex59 is online now  
post #5037 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16,061
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Recover soon Petra
Ollie. is offline  
post #5038 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2014, 07:29 PM
took a wrong direction from a shooting star
 
Potapovushina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pervupova HQ, Moskva
Posts: 42,563
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Unless Petra is playing some obscure ITF stateside event at the time Montreal and Cincy is in play because she doesn't qualify, Petra can play New Haven qualies, and if she qualifies, which would be a feat, for she can't even put 2 matches together successfully for the most part this year, she's likely not going anywhere at best 2nd rd given the decent field that has entered New Haven. Even then she can withdraw and make USO qualies, which begins on the 19th of August, giving her plenty of time to reach NYC just by taking a cab.... She needs to get on the court to establish rhythm and timing in match play, seeing that she's been inactive for a stretch and is going to be inactive after Stanford.
All of this, basically.

💜 ZvonarevaA.BondarenkoFedossovaVaidisovaChakvetadzeBarthelSchmiedlovéKonjuhKasatenik 💎 Potapova ۵ Pervushina ۵ Rybakina ۵ Hatouka ۵ Tolibova ۵ Blinkova ۵ Anisimova ۵ Danilovic ۵ Koval ۵ Kostyuk ۵ Bartone ۵ Zavatska ۵ Yastremska ۵ Vismane ۵ Lansere ۵ Pepelyaeva 💜
❤️KremenGovortsovaSasnovichMAMARENKALapkoSabalenkaShytkouskayaPaulenkaAbramovich💚 ShitraPliskobotsAllertovaSmitkovaBencicKeysKovinicDodinAlexandrovaVikhlyantsevaKudermetovyLottnerGalfi
Potapovushina is offline  
post #5039 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2014, 04:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,688
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

It was inevitable: Petra out of the top 200. She's at 201 this week
networthy is offline  
post #5040 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Greco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marticland
Posts: 4,098
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

WTA Stanford $710,000 1. round Q

A. Kudryavtseva [4] (130) - N. Osaka (359)
P.Martic [7] (201) - A. Parra-Santonja (358)

Off till 25.1.2018.

Martic | Ljubicic | Dimitrov | Sharapova
Robson | Giorgi | Beck | Stephens | Cirstea
Federer | Sock |Coric | Kuznetsov | Goffin

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter

Greco is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome