~Petra Martic~ - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3121 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Junior Member
 
pestacide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
Re: ~Petra Martic~

you're wrong there crotennis2.. a genetical problem on her knee "bakers cyst" isn't anyones fault.. it's how some people are born.. now that it has been eliminated the people who brought her to top 50 and petra, who played the tennis to get top 50 can get back to work..
dedication is only limited by complications outside the sphere of physiologists and tennis experts..
dedication is ever present in petra, when her body allows for it! she is one of the youngest in top 100 and has a lot of years in tennis.. keeping them injury free is the job of fitness coaches and physios, as well as the head coaches that work with their players.. but it is also the responsibility of doctors to diagnose internal problems and/or genetical limitations correctly..
the player does what he/she is told by the people she pays to do that.. and petra is a player that does things 110%..
blaming the coaches and fitness coaches is easy.. blaming the player is even easier.. what is really difficult for people like you is wishing all the best to these kids to get the maximum out of their already very successful lives..
look at the drilling cilic gets, why? because some of you are losing money on betting.. in the end, the guy (and petra) have seen more of the world, made more money and lived more abundantly than any of you ever will..
don't look to blame, look to support and help.. otherwise, look at another player on this forum.. and repeat your mistakes..
pestacide is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3122 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 82
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestacide View Post
you're wrong there crotennis2.. a genetical problem on her knee "bakers cyst" isn't anyones fault.. it's how some people are born.. now that it has been eliminated the people who brought her to top 50 and petra, who played the tennis to get top 50 can get back to work..
dedication is only limited by complications outside the sphere of physiologists and tennis experts..
dedication is ever present in petra, when her body allows for it! she is one of the youngest in top 100 and has a lot of years in tennis.. keeping them injury free is the job of fitness coaches and physios, as well as the head coaches that work with their players.. but it is also the responsibility of doctors to diagnose internal problems and/or genetical limitations correctly..
the player does what he/she is told by the people she pays to do that.. and petra is a player that does things 110%..
blaming the coaches and fitness coaches is easy.. blaming the player is even easier.. what is really difficult for people like you is wishing all the best to these kids to get the maximum out of their already very successful lives..
look at the drilling cilic gets, why? because some of you are losing money on betting.. in the end, the guy (and petra) have seen more of the world, made more money and lived more abundantly than any of you ever will..
don't look to blame, look to support and help.. otherwise, look at another player on this forum.. and repeat your mistakes..
Are you really speaking or only promoting yourself? If you have now to make propaganda, say such, not attack others. I place no blame, just facts that can be associated all over, a genetic disruption is an explanation, only. People like me? Betting? Where? Are you making accusations or just like I say self-promoting how great you are? People are allowed to ask questions and discuss, if the player makes statements then it is clear, if not, then it can allow for space. It is free to comment here or other places, not to take directions from a person hiding behind a hand and keyboard. Be honest. I am clear in my intention, it is great she succeed for herself, family, country. If you feel such attacks then you have the problem my friend, not elsewhere.
crotennis2 is offline  
post #3123 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Junior Member
 
pestacide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
I am not attacking you..you seem like an intelligent guy.. you admit to not being clearly informed yet your conclusions are made and you do blame people.. This is the most horrible thing to these players, that when there is no info, the worst and most negative is taken for granted..but on what basis?
The picture of petra martic is a very bright one, sure, it has a few black spots but certainly not enough to change the gist of the big picture.. Hence, lets say that petra being 62wta and the best and highest ranked player in cro is a good thing.. Lets just not focus on what isnt good.. Such as a loss to doi which was followed by surgery the same night..
Wanna blame someone? Blame the people in cro who did not see the cyst in november and because of whom she lost her pre-season, brisbane and sydney! Not petra or her team!


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
pestacide is offline  
post #3124 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Junior Member
 
pestacide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
The australians found the problem and fixed it in 2 days!


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
pestacide is offline  
post #3125 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 325
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestacide View Post
The australians found the problem and fixed it in 2 days!
ok, obviously you are on petra's team and are bored as she recovers, and you don't have anything better to do than troll the internet forums. That's fine.

But you could do much better for her and the team, and set up some form of communication between her and her fans. Look at what Vekic is doing. Maybe it's sometimes too much, but it is nice to keep your fans informed and in the loop about what is going on with you.

Petra has not given any interviews (as far as I know) since she got injured and that is what fuels speculations like those on this forum. A much better and more productive way to fix this situation is to open up communication: set up a webpage, get her a twitter account, something. Something that is updated with some regularity.
mic12 is offline  
post #3126 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 82
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestacide View Post
I am not attacking you..you seem like an intelligent guy.. you admit to not being clearly informed yet your conclusions are made and you do blame people.. This is the most horrible thing to these players, that when there is no info, the worst and most negative is taken for granted..but on what basis?
The picture of petra martic is a very bright one, sure, it has a few black spots but certainly not enough to change the gist of the big picture.. Hence, lets say that petra being 62wta and the best and highest ranked player in cro is a good thing.. Lets just not focus on what isnt good.. Such as a loss to doi which was followed by surgery the same night..
Wanna blame someone? Blame the people in cro who did not see the cyst in november and because of whom she lost her pre-season, brisbane and sydney! Not petra or her team!


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
You were attack making and open. You now blame Croatians for the problem, real? If you are her team be more active and not talk behind, and I did not blame, just try make a reason of why she has problems. Defend all you care to though now you use this to blame others. As micl2 says, make release tell people, if not then do not go on forums to look in comments for attacks it's not right. It makes her look bad
crotennis2 is offline  
post #3127 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Junior Member
 
pestacide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
Mic12: everything u say makes sense.. And is taken as good advice..
Thanks


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
pestacide is offline  
post #3128 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 325
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestacide View Post
Mic12: everything u say makes sense.. And is taken as good advice..
Thanks
That's great! I would love to see regular Petra updates! And I know a lot of people on here would too!
mic12 is offline  
post #3129 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,114
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic12 View Post
That's great! I would love to see regular Petra updates! And I know a lot of people on here would too!
Absolutely!
ma re is offline  
post #3130 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Senior Member
 
tennismaster8820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Safe place.
Posts: 20,191
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

^^
I agree, I would love to know what is happening with Petra sometimes.
Very often we know so little about what's going on with her, media never reports anything about her.
I hope she can finaly get rid of injuries and then play at least once full season, maybe in 2014?
tennismaster8820 is offline  
post #3131 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,499
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

So, Martic withdrew from DOHA qualies? Message #40:

Entry List

Back injury must still persist, which kept her out of Shenzhen and looked not to be in shape at the AO.
Rex59 is offline  
post #3132 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,354
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Kuala Lumpur is not too far away, 200 pts there, gonna be a big hit in the ranking
TimeyWimey is offline  
post #3133 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Junior Member
 
pestacide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
Re: ~Petra Martic~

petra withdrew from doha a dub because she will go to rehab in switzerland.. she had a cyst removed from her knee a few hours after losing to doi..
petra will suffer on the rankings in the short term, but the most important thing is to have her 100% before she goes onto the court in ind well/miami..
if she is 100% and able to maintain that, she will be able to get on a roll with her tennis and the ranking will sort itself out..
in the end, the aim is for a longterm career.. at the moment she is competing against herself.. nobody else.. once she is right, she can start to look at those ranked in front of her..
pestacide is offline  
post #3134 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,114
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

It would be nice to see her back for Kuala Lumpur so that she tries to defend at least some points there, but with so little time and match practice I don't think she'd be able to do very much unfortunately. Of course, if she can get ready for the big ones in the States that would be awesome, cause she's got a lot of room to improve her points there and every win brings a nice chunk.
ma re is offline  
post #3135 of 5184 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 82
                     
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestacide View Post
petra withdrew from doha a dub because she will go to rehab in switzerland.. she had a cyst removed from her knee a few hours after losing to doi..
petra will suffer on the rankings in the short term, but the most important thing is to have her 100% before she goes onto the court in ind well/miami..
if she is 100% and able to maintain that, she will be able to get on a roll with her tennis and the ranking will sort itself out..
in the end, the aim is for a longterm career.. at the moment she is competing against herself.. nobody else.. once she is right, she can start to look at those ranked in front of her..
Vv good update. Ziveli to her!
crotennis2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome