Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#3,851 ·
The outfit is fine. At least it's bright colors and not drab and boring.

#3,853 ·
I am pissed off that Estonia got screwed in televotimng by Finland and Belarus. You'd think Finland's jury would be kind to their neighbour especially after we said that their disgusting song was mildly decent in the press conference. There needs to be an inquiry into Albania though, it is pure corruption the juries screwed them so much. 1st to 26th in Switzerland, 1st to 23rd in Italy :help:

#3,854 ·
Also Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary would have given it 10p in televote. Basically most of the juries screwed it except for Russia and Germany and a few others. A number of juries pretty much claimed it one of the worst acts. In what universe is Israel's entry better than Estonia :haha: :help:
Hey, but that's Eurovision, such things happen all the time. Isn't it ironic that the televoters ranked it much higher than the juries even when performing from that "cursed" 4th slot. We were 5th based on televote only and that's what actually matters anyway - people liked this song :yeah:

#3,858 ·
Yeah last year was nowhere near as good as this year. Odd years always seem strong: 09/11/13/15 were much better than 08/10/12/14. I hope Estonia does better next year, and I hope that jury votes are re-adjusted to 25% rather than this ridiculous 50%. The idea that 150 people can overall Europe to make Sweden the winner is obnoxious.

#3,859 ·
Oh, I absolutely loved how Lithuania gave Russia a big fat 0, zero, nil, nothing:lol:

Predictions proved right, Sweden won. It's kind of boring like this when it's so predictable.

And something happened with Montenegrian and Macedonian jury votes, they were not considered, vote was 100% based on televote. Corruption much:confused:

#3,861 ·
If you listen to tf, 2008 was one of the greatest years. Having it in sweden will avoid some unpleasant issues, although i wont be surprised if the standard of swedish entries now drops a lot so they dont win again

I hope lithuanian jury went into hiding

#3,866 ·
My exact reaction muusa :sobbing: I really think Juries will be addressed though after this year, too much crap. TTYTT I expected Estonia to do better in the Juries where their superior camerawork and dramatics actually count, whereas often televoting is just about vocals. Thought the same for Italy...

#3,869 ·
A player forum all about Eurovision song contest. Only on TF, folks :oh: :lol:

#3,871 ·
Hiya people, basically, I think that Estonia has outlived its time in Baltic Breeze and can take one of two options, both of which the Mods seem quite open to :)
1) Estonia gets its own thread and Latvia/Lithuania get sent to "Other", given that 99.9% of the activity and players seem to be Estonian.
2) Estonia is moved to Scandinavian Sweeties which will be re-named something more Nordic than Scandinavian (given Finland isn't even Scandinavian) so that it can A) join a busier Forum, B) be more involved with players from country it actually has historical connections to and C) join its rightful place as a NORDIC coutnry, not a Baltic one, given the only shared values that exist with Latvia and Lithuania are geographical :) You don't have to post in the Subforums thread, as long as you show your approval somewhere here so the mods can see that you guys are for it. If you have any questions or do not support it for a reason and would like to discuss, please PM me, and I would love to chat with you about it! :)

chingching, founder of Nettu-GOAT.

#3,873 ·
Edit after PM with MOD: Mods are by definition neutral towards forum changes. Support needs to be given in forum request thread. Support given elsewhere does not count, unfortunately.

As 2 chjoices have been outlined, support should clearly outline what option is chosen (Estonia on its own or adding to Scandinavia).

#3,879 ·
I support the following changes in order of importance

• Player forum for Erika Hendsel
  • Player forum for Anett
  • Latvia/Lithuania cast out into Europe with other scrubs, eg Kovinic, Larcher, Minella
  • Merger of what is remaining with Scandinavian Sweeties to form a new forum with name - Estonia and other Nordic countries

#3,910 ·
It seems only Eurovision can keep this thread alive :rolls:
Well, since everybody (Anett, Jürgen, now Kaia too..) lost, Eurovision was much more interesting to follow :lol:

Btw maybe we should create an off-topic thread to discuss everything that is not tennis related? Is it allowed? Should be, because Simona Halep subforum has such thread for example..

About ching's proposal to move the forum.. Well, I actually don't care much where it is located exactly, could as well stay the same :)

#3,883 ·
She's not doing much, so there's really not a lot to say.

#3,891 ·
It was political voting that stopped her. Bad entries qualified like Cyprus 87pts, Lithuania 67pts, Montenegro 57pts, Azerbaijan. She got 14 pts which is less than Portugal and just ahead of San Marino.

I hope Sanna or Ace Wilder are the host. It will be in the new arena so they can fit more people. Everyone should be happy its not going to Moscow

#3,893 ·
San Marino unfortunately seems like they stink at everything.

#3,896 ·
Cornet is on court now. Caroline plays Julia tomorrow.

#3,897 ·
I've given up on Anett's Social media thread as you are all such fails and don't check it and haven't subscribed so it has become pointless :sobbing: Here is her latest photo again with Skye and again in Istanbul. She is neglecting Viimsi :oh:

Even if Anett fails at her tennis some times, she will always be banging :rocker2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.