101K views 909 replies 61 participants last post by  martinafan 
#1 ·
Hingis/Hantuchova def. Görges/Jurak 6-1, 6-1

51 minutes

Welcome back Legend :hearts:

Reactions: MHingisfan
#177 ·
Her first event since US Open 2013 ! So happy that Martina is back ! :hearts:

I love that she plays doubles at Indian Wells with Sabine Lisicki. Come on ;)

#179 ·
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3697792/title/hingis-to-play-doubles-at-indian-wells

Hingis To Play Doubles At Indian Wells

March 04, 2014

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - The BNP Paribas Open doubles draw is out and amongst all of the best teams in the world is one that jumps out - Martina Hingis and Sabine Lisicki, a wildcard team.

Hingis made a very popular return to the doubles tour last summer after almost six years of retirement, playing five tournaments with Daniela Hantuchova during the summer hardcourt series. The pair didn't win back-to-back matches at any of the tournaments, but with Hingis coming back without a ranking, the pair drew top teams in the early rounds of just about every one of those tournaments they played.

Hingis' doubles credentials are substantial. She won 37 WTA doubles titles in her career, including nine Grand Slam doubles titles - she also completed a Calendar Year Grand Slam in doubles in 1998 (winning the Australian Open with Mirjana Lucic-Baroni and the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open with Jana Novotna). She was No.1 for 35 weeks and won a Grand Slam mixed doubles title too.

She's also a former doubles champion at Indian Wells - she won it with Anna Kournikova in 1999.

Lisicki, who Hingis has been helping since Australia, has also proven herself on the doubles court. She has two WTA doubles titles to her name, both at Stuttgart - with Samantha Stosur in 2011 and Mona Barthel in 2013. And she also reached the doubles final at Wimbledon alongside Stosur in 2011.

Hingis and Lisicki open their campaign against No.7 seeds Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua, one of the breakthrough teams of 2013 - they made three Grand Slam doubles finals together.

And it won't get any easier. The Top 4 teams in the world are all in the draw - Hsieh Su-Wei and Peng Shuai, Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina, Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci, and Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik, seeded No.1 through No.4 - and all four teams have won Grand Slams together.

#187 ·
Game, set and match for Nelsons’ Arnicare
Nelsons has announced a PR and marketing campaign for 2014 in which it has teamed up with tennis great Martina Hingis and World Junior No 1 Belinda Bencic to endorse its Arnicare Arnica Cooling Gel.Hingis still holds the record for becoming the youngest No 1 player in history and has won five Grand Slam singles and nine Grand Slam Women’s Doubles titles. She commented: “I’m a big fan of Nelsons Arnicare Arnica Cooling Gel; I massage it in to help relieve the heavy feeling in my legs after exercise or just after a day of being on my feet for too long.” She also tweeted “glad to represent #arnicareUK! Love cooling gel, great companion after an intense match!”.Bencic, who won the Wimbledon and French Open titles in 2013 and is now making her first foray into Grand Slam events on the WTA Professional Tour, also said she liked to use the gel after training for its cooling sensation.Alessandra Godio, Nelsons Arnicare brand manager, said: “We are really excited to have teamed up with the tennis duo in 2014 Nelsons Arnicare Arnica Cooling Gel. We hope that working with Martina and Belinda will help to raise the profile and awareness of the product within the target market.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.