Anett Kontaveit - Page 175 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2611 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 79,895
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Going by the rules, she is free to play anywhere she likes, but would not get ranking points.

For years, players were simply ignoring this rule, using the fact that there was no online entry system (and later ITF IPIN and WTA systems were not compatible). So, when WTA actually started to enforce it in spring 2009, several players were hit hard. Like having the best result for years and not getting any points for it.



Meelis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2612 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,683
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Intriguing

But even if she has a deep run in Dothan, she still won't be able to play, because she can't enter anywhere else

Are the WTA and ITF systems compatible now in a way that say you have an ITF priority 1, WTA event priority 2, and gets in to both, is it still
WTA > ITF?
WhoAmI? is offline  
post #2613 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,821
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Intriguing

But even if she has a deep run in Dothan, she still won't be able to play, because she can't enter anywhere else

Are the WTA and ITF systems compatible now in a way that say you have an ITF priority 1, WTA event priority 2, and gets in to both, is it still
WTA > ITF?
I am pretty sure she is allowed to be entered in both and will just have to pull out of one
Anyway a deep run in Dothan is more than possible

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2614 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,821
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I was just reading about the threat of Russia to Estonia and the incoming NATO presence and I was just wondering how serious people in Estonia think it is My relatives don't seem very worried...

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2615 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,717
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I was just reading about the threat of Russia to Estonia and the incoming NATO presence and I was just wondering how serious people in Estonia think it is My relatives don't seem very worried...
In my circle of family and friends - nobody seems to be too worried, but most of us (including myself) surely have thought "what if..". My father for example is pessimistic about NATO offering any effective help (no, a couple of fighter jets won't do) in case we really need it. Some others are convinced that Russia wouldn't dare to try anything since we are in NATO.
muusa is offline  
post #2616 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,821
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
In my circle of family and friends - nobody seems to be too worried, but most of us (including myself) surely have thought "what if..". My father for example is pessimistic about NATO offering any effective help (no, a couple of fighter jets won't do) in case we really need it. Some others are convinced that Russia wouldn't dare to try anything since we are in NATO.
Yeah it's a bit of a mix. I mean Estonia is the best example and in some ways the only one of how well a country can do when it was released from Soviet Control and that's why for instance Russia's Eurasian Union was going to include every country from the Former USSR except Estonia and maybe Latvia and Lithuania Also Russian speakers, although they are less well of in general compared to Estonian speakers, which in my opinion is there own fault, are much happier in Estonia than in other countries in the former USSR. To tell you the honest truth I don't know why Nato moved such an insignificant force to Estonia especially given that it won't do anything to protect the country but solely provokes Russia.

Anyway, back to Anett, I think her P1 is Oeiras Qualifying. The tournament is quite strong this year which is a bit of a shame so she may not get in. If she doesn't her P2 is 50K Indian Harbour Beach and her P3 is 25K Wiesbaden which is actually stronger than the American 50K

Anyway, with all these tournament entries all over the world and the whole Qualifying Drama I think she plans to do this.

Option 1: Does well in Osprey, Plays Charlottesville and then doesn't make Oeiras Qualifying/does well in Charlottesville and plays Indian Harbour Beach.
Option 2: Doesn't do that well in Osprey, plays Marrakech Qualifying and then either plays Wiesbaden or Oeiras Qualifying.

I hope she does Option 1 but seeing her in WTA is always nice irrelevant of how she has underperformed in the this year

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2617 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,717
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anyway, back to Anett, I think her P1 is Oeiras Qualifying.
Actually her P1 was 75k Gifu, but she withdrew.
muusa is offline  
post #2618 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,821
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Actually her P1 was 75k Gifu, but she withdrew.
OK Good so no Oeiras

Draw should be out relatively soon for Dothan and looking at the Top Seeds, she has beaten nearly all of them It would be great if she could win a 50K

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2619 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
jimmy55313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,115
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I have asked to be banned from April 21st until May 19th so that I can prepare for exams which have a large impact on my academic future.

Yeah I wondered where you went. Good for you.. as I said before, if you
need employees when you grow up by all means give me a call !!

Anyways looking at the acceptance list in Dothan it does'nt look like
a really tough tourney.. Anett stands a good chance here I agree.

If you look hard enough, you will find a purpose
other than yourself and your desires. When you do,
give that purpose your time, your money, and your
energy. Therein lies happiness
jimmy55313 is offline  
post #2620 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,717
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

So how far does she have to go in Dothan in order to be "excused" of Marrakesh qualies? I'm assuming the R1 is played on Tue-Wed, R2 is played on Thu and QF is played on Fri (which is basically Saturday in Morocco already). QF surely should be enough then, maybe even R2?
muusa is offline  
post #2621 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,821
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy55313 View Post
I have asked to be banned from April 21st until May 19th so that I can prepare for exams which have a large impact on my academic future.

Yeah I wondered where you went. Good for you.. as I said before, if you
need employees when you grow up by all means give me a call !!

Anyways looking at the acceptance list in Dothan it does'nt look like
a really tough tourney.. Anett stands a good chance here I agree.
Haha Nice to see you here while Sasha waits for the Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
So how far does she have to go in Dothan in order to be "excused" of Marrakesh qualies? I'm assuming the R1 is played on Tue-Wed, R2 is played on Thu and QF is played on Fri (which is basically Saturday in Morocco already). QF surely should be enough then, maybe even R2?
I would say QF which frankly, unless she got a very difficult draw, I would be disappointed if she didn't make Hopefully Doubles as well

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2622 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,257
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

$50,000 Dothan, AL (USA)

(3)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ)
Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
(wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) v Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR)
(8)Victoria Duval (USA) v Q
Trey is offline  
post #2623 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Meelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 79,895
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Doubles third on court 3 on Tuesday, singles first on court 4 on Wednesday.
Meelis is offline  
post #2624 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,821
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
$50,000 Dothan, AL (USA)

(3)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ)
Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
(wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) v Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR)
(8)Victoria Duval (USA) v Q
Tough section Still, quite a good Round 1 and Michelle is beatable Vicky will be tough but Anett beat her last time they played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Doubles third on court 3 on Tuesday, singles first on court 4 on Wednesday.
Playing with Kremen Love the pusher/ball-basher combo Win some matches girls

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2625 of 5001 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,717
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quite tough indeed, but hopefully she can win a couple of rounds at least. Playing on clay should be an advantage to her. Also, she plays her doubles R1 against Hsu, so that's a good chance to get to know the opponent before the singles match
muusa is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome