Anett Kontaveit - Page 139 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2071 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Daria Mironova (RUS) d. (3)Anett Kontaveit (EST) 64 16 64
So much of top 250
That is embarassing
Thank God she didn't play US Open she is going to get destroyed next week in Podgorica unless she plays much much better
What saddens me more is the obvious mental weakness. I mean she comes off destroying her opponent and then loses a moderately close 3rd
Still, last time she lost 2nd Round of a 25K where she played Doubles she went on to win it Really disappointing in Singles though Still, 8 Points is something Defending Yoshkar-Ola should be the 1st thing on her mind next week

What's worse about this loss though was the complete waste of a draw

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2072 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,702
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Looks like she's going downwards comparing to the previous year(s). This year has been quite a disaster, ironically even that Moscow win in spring was totally timed wrong as it ruined her RG.
We can only hope she somehow starts to bloom next year when she will be 18 and can play more tournaments. She needs more matchplay, not just 3 or 4 matches a month like it has been until now.
muusa is offline  
post #2073 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Looks like she's going downwards comparing to the previous year(s). This year has been quite a disaster, ironically even that Moscow win in spring was totally timed wrong as it ruined her RG.
We can only hope she somehow starts to bloom next year when she will be 18 and can play more tournaments. She needs more matchplay, not just 3 or 4 matches a month like it has been until now.
It's because of her ridiculous scheduling. She never gets any flow except in Izmir which was actually really intelligent scheduling aside from the fact that the 1st was a 10K and she didn't play a 25K in the same week. She needs to play higher level tournaments but not ridiculously strong and just get some flow through small travel times and stuff. Like playing weaker tournaments in Belgium and the Netherlands or even Italy instead of 10Ks in Greece, Turkey and Britain. Like its good she's playing 25Ks and 2 in a row but she shouldn't have played Moscow/Podgorica Double because the difference in level is too big and they aren't close together but at least now if she does badly in Doubles she will get there early

I really hope she will come good soon What's sad is that she can play this shit and be this highly ranked with virtually no points to defend I hope she plays Lagos X 2 But she is only 17 and I am probably being too harsh

BTW, Anett's score disappeared off the scoreboard for Doubles so does anyone know if she won?

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2074 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,216
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit



Apart from Burnie SF and Moscow W, it has been quite a disappointing year. Last year she beat Bouchard, Duval and Vickery in 2 sets. They won a match at USO this year while Anett is still stuck where she was last year.
Catch up with them, girl
Tennisfan06 is offline  
post #2075 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post


Apart from Burnie SF and Moscow W, it has been quite a disappointing year. Last year she beat Bouchard, Duval and Vickery in 2 sets. They won a match at USO this year while Anett is still stuck where she was last year.
Catch up with them, girl
OMG this
I think the coaching thing stuffed her up

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2076 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 816
                     
yeah, maybe parting ways w tamla was not smart after all. at least she was progressing with märten. not sure about her current coach, i find him a bit old school. maybe i am being judgemental.

should anett go with silver k for change? silver's difficult personality aside, he clearly helped elevate kaia's performance. he's hanging out at tennis clubs all the time, don't think he has a serious coaching relationship w anyone right now.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline  
post #2077 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
yeah, maybe parting ways w tamla was not smart after all. at least she was progressing with märten. not sure about her current coach, i find him a bit old school. maybe i am being judgemental.

should anett go with silver k for change? silver's difficult personality aside, he clearly helped elevate kaia's performance. he's hanging out at tennis clubs all the time, don't think he has a serious coaching relationship w anyone right now.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
What exactly was this personality of Silver's... I think he could be very helpful for Anett as I thought he was great for Kaia all the way up to them parting I don't really get why she dumped Marten

I don't know if Anett won Doubles or not

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2078 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,702
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Looks like they couldn't play their doubles match neither yesterday nor today because of rain.

We'll see if her team plans any changes after this unfortunate season. Why not try some other coach indeed, Silver or someone else (not that they have too many options if they consider natives only). Would be better to get some top coach from abroad, but even Kaia hasn't found anyone decent with her results (or maybe it's her own choice). Anett did pretty well at slams last year, surprising that nobody approached her.
muusa is offline  
post #2079 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Looks like they couldn't play their doubles match neither yesterday nor today because of rain.

We'll see if her team plans any changes after this unfortunate season. Why not try some other coach indeed, Silver or someone else (not that they have too many options if they consider natives only). Would be better to get some top coach from abroad, but even Kaia hasn't found anyone decent with her results (or maybe it's her own choice). Anett did pretty well at slams last year, surprising that nobody approached her.
Perhaps she should steal Thomas Hogstedt I heard she was training a lot with Richard Allgurin at the end of last year and aside from Ellen I don't know of anyone he coaches...

I hope they lose Doubles now

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS
chingching is offline  
post #2080 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,702
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I hope they lose Doubles now
Played R1 and QF today, won both
muusa is offline  
post #2081 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Played R1 and QF today, won both
I thought they could beat top seeds
Win now

Unfortunately Anett didn't wnter ITF tournaments for the 23
I am worried as that week has over 5 tournaments 25K level or over so she really should be playing
Maybe she is going to play 25K Perth the week after

BTW, she got promoted to #6 seed for Podgorica so let's hope she can win Doubles in Moscow and get some confidence

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS

Last edited by chingching; Sep 7th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
chingching is offline  
post #2082 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 816
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Perhaps she should steal Thomas Hogstedt I heard she was training a lot with Richard Allgurin at the end of last year and aside from Ellen I don't know of anyone he coaches...

I hope they lose Doubles now
don't think she can afford hoegstedt. but maybe pant will drop kaia and cough up some serious cash to help anett break through?

don't know if they (anett and her crew) get along w silver, byt why not give it a try? or maybe kuhi? he's got a lot to w the academy and the promising juniors, but who knows.



Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline  
post #2083 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
 
chingching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33,259
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
don't think she can afford hoegstedt. but maybe pant will drop kaia and cough up some serious cash to help anett break through?

don't know if they (anett and her crew) get along w silver, byt why not give it a try? or maybe kuhi? he's got a lot to w the academy and the promising juniors, but who knows.



Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I was even thinking someone International but local like a coach in Finland or Sweden
How expensive would it be to get someone like Hogstedt BTW? And how much money do Anett's parents fork out a year
I think maybe if she went somewhere like Mouratoglou part time the competitive environment could really help her Although she bloomed on the ITF Tours when she started with Marten and stopped 6th Sense

BTW, won Doubles SF 1 and 4 against Vasylyeva/Khabibulina but is losing final with Ianchuk 6-3 3*-3 It seems like they've had a lot of opportunities

EDIT: Anett unfortunately lost the Doubles Final 6-3 6-4 They probably could have won given their opponents were 6/7 on BPs compared to their 3/11 Still, with the 34 Ranking Points her Doubles Ranking will go up to around 367 which gives her something Positive to take out of the week

She has been moved up to 6th seed in Podgorica so let's hop she can get an easy-ish 1st Round She still has the capability to rise as high as around 250 if she can win although that seems impossibly unlikely She will get to around 270 if she makes a QF which I think/hop/beg she will do

Nettu + Lera + Sofishka + Katu + Carolsh + Miley + Lissi + Kaia + Gendra + Eva + Saara + Matti + Kenneth + Jürgen + Alex

Guardian of the Norr, Slavic and Golden Flower Power GOATs

#1 Slayer of the VultureChavFlower Estonian Mynx's new #cowonice ERA feat. BBB MuscleMynx ALTITUDE SHITFEST LOOMING MYNX VS EMPRESS

Last edited by chingching; Sep 7th, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
chingching is offline  
post #2084 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
WhoAmI?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,615
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I don't think even Kaia could afford Hogstedt now that he's got something to show for coaching Sharapova But doesn't Tallink aready support Anett along with Kanepi, Zopp and Ivanov.

Well, a tough year for Anett
WhoAmI? is offline  
post #2085 of 5001 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
muusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,702
                     
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
saw her practice y'day. she appeared somewhat edgy and at some point lost self-control a bit. not sure why.
Saw another comment about this in media saying that during her practice sessions last week Anett was mostly throwing her racket, arguing with the coach and making a grumpy face
muusa is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome