Sea Games In Vietnam - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,566
 
Danai was so focused today. He hit amazing backhand down the line (return of serve, baseline rallies, passing shots). This is weapon I did not know him at the last Challenger. He has really worked on it.

Danai was extremely focused since yesterday. He knew his opponent would go on his backhand and he worked on his down the line shot yesterday during nearly his whole training session.

It paid off today . Great performance today!
Steveg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Senior Member
 
jirobkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bangkok, THAILAND
Posts: 6,926
                     
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveg
Suchanan was down 02 in the first set and won the next 6 games . Very good and smart play, forcing Napaporn to move, hit mostly backhand and varying long and shorter balls (Napaporn is having difficulties to move forward).

The beginning of the second set was tight but Suchanan broke in the last game of serve of Napaporn.

I am very happy for Suchanan because she is a sweet girl . I hope that this medal will boost her confidence, if she needed more.
Thanks Stephane foe the report and comments.

Thailand

jirobkk
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline  
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
jirobkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bangkok, THAILAND
Posts: 6,926
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveg
Danai was so focused today. He hit amazing backhand down the line (return of serve, baseline rallies, passing shots). This is weapon I did not know him at the last Challenger. He has really worked on it.

Danai was extremely focused since yesterday. He knew his opponent would go on his backhand and he worked on his down the line shot yesterday during nearly his whole training session.

It paid off today . Great performance today!
Thanks
Did you have chance talking to Danai ? Did he say "Thank you" to you regarding your VCD ?

Well done Pik. This is your last SEA GAMES. Great work.

jirobkk
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline  
 
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard
 
King Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Maleisië
Posts: 52,166
 
Thanks for the comments Stephane.
King Aaron is offline  
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 11,854
                     
Well done Jan on the Gold Medal.
Rising Sun is offline  
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,566
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirobkk
Did you have chance talking to Danai ? Did he say "Thank you" to you regarding your VCD ?
Danai was very busy (and stayed alone most of the time, to keep his focus during the tournament) but he found the time to thank me .
Steveg is offline  
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Shine On Silver Moon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 5,354
                     
Thumbs up Congrats to Thailand!

Thailand deserved big congrats for sparkling performance as predicted! Thailand has better players now! Febi Widhiyanto was simply one level below Danai in terms of game quality - Danai has been playing more challengers while Febi is still struggling in Futures! That's the difference! Febi was physically worn out as well since he played 3 sets continuously in singles as well as being in doubles! IMO, over all Indonesian players are not in good shape physically! BTW, great win for Danai after 2 years ago in KL, he lost to Suwandi in final!

Indonesia began to participate in SEA Games 1977 in KL along with the Philippines and Brunei. SEA Games used to be called SEAP Games (South East Asian Peninsula). As first timer in 1977, Indonesia shocked other countries since at the end Indonesia came out as the overall champion based on the most number of medals taken. But since 1999, Indonesian sport has been declining drastically due to internal multi dimension crisis!!! But tennis has been contributing medals since 1977 until 2003 with its topsy turvy!

1977 Gold 6 Silver 4 Bronze 2
1979 6-2-2
1981 2-4-2
1983 3-3-3
1985 5-1-3
1987 7-1-2 when Wukirasih Sawondari defeated Tammy in final!
1989 4-4-2
1991 2-3-2
1993 3-1-6
1995 3-1-7
1997 5-0-7
1999 2-3-5
2001 5-5-1
2003 3-4-4

It is gonna be interesting to see who is gonna be in the squad in 2 years period - I hope, I can see Sandy, Maya, Septi and Ayu in Manila! Go, girls! Or maybe Denise and Jojo?

From juniors rebuilding Indonesia's tennis!!!

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline  
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2003, 07:21 AM
country flag rhz
Senior Member
 
rhz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,009
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine On Silver Moon
Thailand deserved big congrats for sparkling performance as predicted! Thailand has better players now! Febi Widhiyanto was simply one level below Danai in terms of game quality - Danai has been playing more challengers while Febi is still struggling in Futures! That's the difference! Febi was physically worn out as well since he played 3 sets continuously in singles as well as being in doubles! IMO, over all Indonesian players are not in good shape physically! BTW, great win for Danai after 2 years ago in KL, he lost to Suwandi in final!

Indonesia began to participate in SEA Games 1977 in KL along with the Philippines and Brunei. SEA Games used to be called SEAP Games (South East Asian Peninsula). As first timer in 1977, Indonesia shocked other countries since at the end Indonesia came out as the overall champion based on the most number of medals taken. But since 1999, Indonesian sport has been declining drastically due to internal multi dimension crisis!!! But tennis has been contributing medals since 1977 until 2003 with its topsy turvy!

1977 Gold 6 Silver 4 Bronze 2
1979 6-2-2
1981 2-4-2
1983 3-3-3
1985 5-1-3
1987 7-1-2 when Wukirasih Sawondari defeated Tammy in final!
1989 4-4-2
1991 2-3-2
1993 3-1-6
1995 3-1-7
1997 5-0-7
1999 2-3-5
2001 5-5-1
2003 3-4-4

It is gonna be interesting to see who is gonna be in the squad in 2 years period - I hope, I can see Sandy, Maya, Septi and Ayu in Manila! Go, girls! Or maybe Denise and Jojo?

Adji, Wukir didn't beat Tammy in 1987.. I think it was in Jakarta 1997. Both Wukir and Tammy should be very small to compete in Sea Games in 1987

Maju terus Tenis Indonesia!
rhz is offline  
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Shine On Silver Moon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 5,354
                     
Talking Thanks for the correction!

Shame on me! LOL at myself...I wrote it wrong...ur right, it was 1997! LOL LOL LOL...

From juniors rebuilding Indonesia's tennis!!!

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline  
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2003, 10:48 AM
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 10,152
                     
4 Gold Medals for THAILAND !!!

Come and Join: Tamarine Tanasugarn's facebook fan pages at http://www.facebook.com/TamarineTanasugarn
Vut is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome