Sania Mirza's place - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #811 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
microgoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

5-5...
microgoogle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
microgoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

6-5...comeback story???
microgoogle is offline  
post #813 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 421
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

c'mon microgoogle - gotta have faith!!!
i was too tentative to post here :P

wikipedia says that tendinitis has initial recovery in 2-3 days. and full recovery in 3-6 weeks.
we know that she didnt play for about 2 weeks - so that is good.

r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w
deepsand is offline  
post #814 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 421
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

is she any good in tiebreaks?!?!? i forget.

r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w
deepsand is offline  
post #815 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 421
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

apparently not *sad*

r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w
deepsand is offline  
post #816 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 421
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

*sighs*

ok - so - DOUBLES GLORY it is!

she's probably waiting for the grass before she starts blowing our socks off.

r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w, r i g h t h e r e, r i g h t n o w
deepsand is offline  
post #817 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
microgoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

clay court horror over...i dont see her stepping onto red soil now... unless her kids take up tennis that is...
microgoogle is offline  
post #818 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
microgoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

Sania can tell her grandchildren that she was ranked higher than Maria Sharapova going into French open 2009..if that is any consolation at all...
microgoogle is offline  
post #819 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
microgoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
c'mon microgoogle - gotta have faith!!!
i was too tentative to post here :P

wikipedia says that tendinitis has initial recovery in 2-3 days. and full recovery in 3-6 weeks.
we know that she didnt play for about 2 weeks - so that is good.
faith in what...sania? I have been doing that since 2005...
nothing's changed since then...she either looses in the first round or even if she wins its a tough three setter even against some lowly ranked opponent...in any case she comfortably looses in the second round...
microgoogle is offline  
post #820 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
as1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,290
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

^lolz how true...!!!!
but ofcourse we cant hope much from her on clay!.....she is better in grass.......atleast she wins 1-2 matches before losing lolz



ok fine.......we just have to wait till hard court season when the real sania will come!!!!


till thn i have my hopes high for both the doubles crown!!!!

I Love Sania Mirza

Victoria Azarenka Jelena Jankovic
Any Problem?
as1991 is offline  
post #821 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Senior Member
 
rocksania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,587
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

No wonder sania will be constrained only as a doubles specialist sumtime son,since going by oder reports that sania is already dating someone.

Also some of her sponsors havent renewed the contract or extended to 4-5 years which is one good indication that sania is already on her halt within 2 years for sure,and may be even earlier if her form doesnt improve..
She got a partner nw,she is nt playing well,nor the media hyping her nemore,few endorsements only left in her kitty,and her fitness is bad as it can get,if she plays she is injured,if she doesn't even den she buys injuries as if..i am nt too critical but i have been thinking abt all dese for a few days nw..
'

" Sports teaches you how to loose,it doesnt makes u a loser "- "

♥ ♥♥ ♥ Sania ♥ ♥♥ ♥
rocksania is offline  
post #822 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
saniapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,159
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoogle View Post
Sania can tell her grandchildren that she was ranked higher than Maria Sharapova going into French open 2009..if that is any consolation at all...
Excellent Keep them coming.

Anna Chakvetadze
Maria Sharapova
saniapower is offline  
post #823 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Senior Member
 
saniapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,159
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoogle View Post
most probably this is going to be the last time we will see sania on red clay......and maybe(i repeat maybe) her last year on the circuit too...
I've a long interview of Sania Mirza where she said that she wants play until 2012 London Olympics at least.u see this result was kinda expected and hopefully she takes some lessons from this defeat she was totally unprepared for this big occasion. She withdrew from Strasbourg and it was the blunder she made. without any preparation it was still a close one.If she had some match practice she would have pulled it. people who watched the match live didnt notice any sign of wrist problem .After madrid she headed back to india. it was possible that she slightly injured herself and wanted that to be treated. what i feel she wanted to be totally fit for her doubles. She has committed to her new Chinese Taipei partner and she didnt want to disappoint her at any cost. So may be she has compromised with her singles to some extent. btw she is earning more from doubles this days.
But after losing blaming rain,wind,lack of match practice, slowness of the suirface(this is not my favourite surface)- i think she needs to change her this attitude. She has nobody but only herself to blame for that. She needs to play more on red clay; her clay court game and more importantly her overall game will improve. otherwise i cant see any miracle happening on grass or hard court. i think she also needs to be more devoted to her profession. Often we see she has other interests outside tennis which time and time gets priority and clashes with ther tennis and having a bad impact on her game.

Anna Chakvetadze
Maria Sharapova

Last edited by saniapower; May 28th, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
saniapower is offline  
post #824 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
saniapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,159
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

http://www.mysaniamirza.com
Upcoming Tournaments
French Open :
1st Round:
Galina Voskoboev (Afghanistan)
2nd Round:
Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia))

Anna Chakvetadze
Maria Sharapova
saniapower is offline  
post #825 of 2377 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
microgoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Sania Mirza's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniapower View Post
I've a long interview of Sania Mirza where she said that she wants play until 2012 London Olympics at least.u see this result was kinda expected and hopefully she takes some lessons from this defeat she was totally unprepared for this big occasion. She withdrew from Strasbourg and it was the blunder she made. without any preparation it was still a close one.If she had some match practice she would have pulled it. people who watched the match live didnt notice any sign of wrist problem .After madrid she headed back to india. it was possible that she slightly injured herself and wanted that to be treated. what i feel she wanted to be totally fit for her doubles. She has committed to her new Chinese Taipei partner and she didnt want to disappoint her at any cost. So may be she has compromised with her singles to some extent. btw she is earning more from doubles this days.
But after losing blaming rain,wind,lack of match practice, slowness of the suirface(this is not my favourite surface)- i think she needs to change her this attitude. She has nobody but only herself to blame for that. She needs to play more on red clay; her clay court game and more importantly her overall game will improve. otherwise i cant see any miracle happening on grass or hard court. i think she also needs to be more devoted to her profession. Often we see she has other interests outside tennis which time and time gets priority and clashes with ther tennis and having a bad impact on her game.
agreed...when was the last time u heard sania saying "I played badly..." after the loss. I was never a fan of sharapova to be honest but I really appreciate her no-nonsense attitude and single minded focus on her profession...u can be the most unpopular player on the tour and still be the highest earning sportswoman in the world...after all results matter in the end...
btw our desi newschannels are showing sania's first round win in full screen as breaking news...
microgoogle is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome