Tennis Forum banner

Why so mean to the female players?

436 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  azza 
#1 ·
In any even there will always be ONE winner only. Means everyone is gonna lose at somepoint except one. Federer lost to an up and comer and all we did was well done Nadal coz we were impressed by the youngster. Can you imagine if Justine lost to sesli K?
On this board we tear the women apart. Tomorrow either serena or elena will lose, we cannot have it both ways. If serena loses, expect a litany of endless threads tearing her to bits, stuff about domination long gone, lost aura, etc. If elena loses expect people to jump all over her serves both first and second. the board hasn't stopped buzzing since venus lost and before that everyone was ragging on jen. before jen people were going on and on about lindsay's loss in the IW finals, ain't got it no more type of threads.
I am a big tennis fan. i have favourite but I basically enjoy and respect all players with all they have to offer. But is saddens me the way we treat the women on this board.
hewitt went out of Miami almost unnoticed, agassi six time winner here lost, yet nobody tears him apart, federer already mentioned. People just accept that you win some and lose some with the men. here we just crucify the women.:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

#2 ·
tennnisfannn said:
In any even there will always be ONE winner only. Means everyone is gonna lose at somepoint except one. Federer lost to an up and comer and all we did was well done Nadal coz we were impressed by the youngster. Can you imagine if Justine lost to sesli K?
On this board we tear the women apart. Tomorrow either serena or elena will lose, we cannot have it both ways. If serena loses, expect a litany of endless threads tearing her to bits, stuff about domination long gone, lost aura, etc. If elena loses expect people to jump all over her serves both first and second. the board hasn't stopped buzzing since venus lost and before that everyone was ragging on jen. before jen people were going on and on about lindsay's loss in the IW finals, ain't got it no more type of threads.
I am a big tennis fan. i have favourite but I basically enjoy and respect all players with all they have to offer. But is saddens me the way we treat the women on this board.
hewitt went out of Miami almost unnoticed, agassi six time winner here lost, yet nobody tears him apart, federer already mentioned. People just accept that you win some and lose some with the men. here we just crucify the women.:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
I started a thread very similar to this yesterday! you are exactly right.. but expect some bad reps and some good reps! Good one from me! :wavey:

#3 ·
Do we crucify the women players because of who they are, their game, our bias for our favorites, etc., or is it we're crucifying players based on who their fans are?

#4 ·
I have to admit I have been involved with these fights, and my reason(while not a good one) is in reply to my favs being attacked, so i guess it's a combination of who their fans are and bias for favorites.

#5 ·
tennnisfannn said:
If elena loses expect people to jump all over her serves both first and second.
Well, I'm a Dementieva fan, and think that even when she wins, she deserves to have her first and second serves jumped over. :) Seriously, though -- it's the biggest thing keeping her from being a consistent contender at the top.

Other than that, your points are well taken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.