TennisForum.com - View Single Post - German Amateur Tennis League and LK-Tournament Thread - Season 2013 - Vol. 1
View Single Post
post #70 of (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
country flag crazillo

Re: German Amateur Tennis League and LK-Tournament Thread - Season 2013 - Vol. 1

I played our local "city championchips event" or whatever you might call it. Conditions were grueling today. First tournament with my new racquet, I now use the Yonex VCore Tour 97. Am pretty satisfied, just serving needs much more improvement, espacially second serves.

I was the second seed, but I have to say my opponents played much better than their very low Leistungsklasse. First round I won 6-3 7-5, I had a good patch from 2-2 to 6-3 3-0, then was down 3-4 and was still able to close it out.

Second round I played against a much older player, a guy who had done triathlon and was super-fit. He almost didn't miss and although he had a weak BH, he was so quick to run around it very often. I was able to pick on his serves though and hit many FH winning returns. Sadly, I started pretty badly and was down 1-4. Despite getting back to 4-5 and having a BP the set was gone quickly after that. Second set was great, I won 6-2. And I have to say I hate match TBs, I lost it 5-10. There was a controversial call at 4-4 and I said "was it out" and he got furious after that. I never saw a reaction like that and it did affect me TBH. I lost 5-10.
That guy had LK 11 before though (I have 14 now), so the result is still okay I think.

FLAVIA PENNETTA

US OPEN CHAMPION 2015

Thank you for all these moments over the last years! Supported you until your final point!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome